1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Welp] "Llull Untouchable" 2021 Contract extension upped buyout to $13.5m

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol same here

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

the guy isn't that great. he knows his limitations and chose correctly in staying overseas in the minor leagues. can't blame him.

i wish more brehs realize this.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Job well done, sir!

4. malakas

malakas Member

Stein >>>> Marca when it comes to the NBA.

These football newspapers a lot of time write things for the fans even without stellar sources. Nonetheless Marca is one of the better ones (even though a lot of times it has been sued and accused of libels) but still not THAT much reliable.
    If someone like Pick had posted it it would be more reliable than Stein though.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who/what is Pick?

6. malakas

malakas Member

He is one of the most reliable sources when it comes to european players or americans who play in europe.

https://twitter.com/iamdpick?lang=el
    If he gives a number for buyout it's reliable.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Llull see...

Deuce, cdrive and Deckard like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've wanted the guy since Morey acquired his rights and after I looked up whatever information I could find about Sergio, and said so back then. The talent was clearly there. It's the years of hoping he was finally going to sign with the Rocks and then being disappointed that finally had me throwing up my hands and discounting anything positive about Llull and Houston. He's continued to improve and is a real star in Europe. In my opinion, he would be a major contributor for us, either off the bench or even starting next to James. Fingers crossed for next year, based on what Bima posted. That Daryl has held on to his rights through thick or thin tells me how much he values him. In my humble opinion, anyway.

#88 Deckard, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
    Deuce likes this.
  9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I'll believe it when I see it, if he does come over I hope he isn't the second coming of Vspan where the hype was unreal. Let's keep the expectations realistic.. well at least until Llull signs a contract with the Rockets. Definitely not holding my breath .

3franchise likes this.
  10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i'm pretty confident too in this guy, he would be a very solid piece here, he has literally everything to be a good nba player, i'd say like Scola.

Deckard likes this.
  11. heypartner

And he started by paying an NBA record cash amount ($2.25m) for a 2nd round pick -- buying Denver's 2nd round pick in 2009. Between that purchase amount and the buyout, Le$ will be forking over a lot of extra cash for Llull.

Deuce likes this.
  12. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

that cold blooded shot... [​IMG] come on over Llull you'll love it here beautiful women... warm weather... fresh tacos (take it easy on the tacos Sergio)... Why don't you love us Serg... [​IMG]

Little Bit likes this.
  13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're right. Alexander, with a limit of what the Rocks can contribute towards a buyout for Llull going north of the $625K limit next year (I think Bima said the exact number isn't known yet, but is increasing, along with the cap next season), will have spent around $3 million simply for the privilege of signing him to an NBA contract. That's a gamble he doesn't get enough credit for, in my opinion, a gamble for Morey, as well, who had to convince Le$ to shell out the bread. I've criticized Alexander plenty in the past, but a lot of owners wouldn't have done that. If Morey can get Llull over here next season, while he's still in his prime, it's a gamble worth taking, in my opinion. That's an enormous IF, however, and based on the reported huge buyout not being accurate.

15. miggue

miggue Member

Llull the best player in the first Euroleague game, Real Madrid beat Olimpiacos 83-65.
    22 points and 4/5 in 3FG with one of them in the last second again.

Deckard likes this.
  16. valorita

valorita Member

Untouchable?

Just send Trump over there to grab him by the you know where.

17. Asian Sensation

In the end Llull be happy he didn't come.

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

http://www.nba.com/gmsurvey/2016?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf39190226

IIRC Llull is the youngest guy on that list.

19. heypartner