1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

It's' amazing to me on how a role player at best warrants this much attention. Dude should have gamble on himself by taking the QO.

YOLO likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why is everyone so butt hurt about him making a business decison, he is doing what he thinks is right, he is working on getting as much money as possible, we all can only HOPE to be in a similar situation in life.

Just sit back, and see what happens, he signs or not, we are still Rocket fans and the season will go on...I have ZERO issue with a guy getting as much as he can...even if it means a hold out.

Now, paying Ryan Anderson 20m a year...well..........good for him....I guess.

:)

DD

Haymitch and jump shooter like this.
  3. Remlap

Remlap Member

Yeah, why would we give up Beasley if we weren't planning on signing DMo?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe he is not just a role player, maybe is a good role player, maybe not. A super role player?

A player does not warrant this kind of attention until he is a star in this league. Motiejunas is not even close to being regular starter material.

Hope the best for him because I like his hard work but I am not going to lie that this drama about his person should find an end.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Wasn't Donuts originally picked by the Timberpups and given to us? Talking about completing the circle.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I can't believe yall are giving so much credence to a rumor posted by a guy with zero credibility.

but GARM is gonna GARM I guess.....

malakas, heypartner and YOLO like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

funny how you're trying to say people are butt hurt over Dmo when you're still comparing Ryno to him when there isn't even a comparison. Ryno is established and while the other player is not. I guess you have to bring another player down to try and get a point of course. no surprise there. Of course there's nothing wrong with trying to get as much money as possible but when you have minimal leverage to work with well it doesn't look good for him in this situation. The longer this drags out the worse it will be for Dmo as far as the season goes if he wants to prove his worth as a player.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Aren't you the guy who craps all over Morey for making "business" decisions?

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

I mean, this is a fan forum... It's not like its a hot topic anywhere else...

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

12. DaDakota

It is how he treats players that I think needs work - I have no problem with Morey only offereing the QO and DMo saying no, that is strictly business on both sides.

@YOLO I am happy for Ryan Anderson - just making a passing comment about how big the deals have gotten. BTW did you know that Anderson had back surgery and missed 60+ games one year? or that he was a bench role player last year? I hope we keep DMo - but I am sure there is a limit to how much we pay him - and I do believe we overpaid for Anderson - but I am happy for the player himself for getting that deal.

DD

#732 DaDakota, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

In regards to D'Antoni, he said "we don't do that" in regards to posting up.

Not something I personally agree with, but then how does he plan on using DMo?

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In your second paragraph, you remind us that we're still Rocket fans. The answer is in the question.

It's disappointing to see a big man with passing skills, a bit of range, a passion for the game, and untapped potential not returning to your favorite basketball team.

Whether we want to be in DMo's situation is a non sequitur. What matters to us as fans is Dmo's role on the Rockets team, or lack thereof.

heypartner likes this.
  15. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

I bet BJ should read "the art of a the deal",or Moorey won't even pick his phone on him.I don't think heh ever played chess game either . Moorey is choking him a live!

16. DaDakota

I think any TRUE fan would want him back, he is an additive to this team and gives a unique skillset to the roster.

My point is, why are people so whiny about the business end of it, Morey is doing his job, Dmo and BJ are doing theirs, this happens every year somewhere, last year to Tristan Thompson I believe.

Just let it run it's course, he will sign at some point, hopefully here - you can't let assets walk for nothing, THAT is poor business.

DD

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's so much about being a "TRUE" fan as it is being a knowledgeable fan. Some simply aren't good at knowing what players help the team and what players are harmful to the team. I mean, we had people talking up garbage like Terrence Jones and Micheal Beasley....

I truly think that some people just don't get it and that's fine. It's annoying, but there's nothing they can do about it.

18. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

19. nobie

nobie Member

I think this is fake, no way in hell would Motiejunas quit basketball, even if not NBA he can still play in europe. Fake and gay

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sorry, but it's on Facebook so it's definitely real