1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] How James Harden is learning to become a complete franchise star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Oct 3, 2016.

1. HookemHorns1250

It's either he says it and people respond with "Bleh, don't care need to see it on the court"

Or, he says nothing and other players say something and it's, "Why isn't our -Leader- Harden saying these things?"

He's saying the right things, and I like it. Next step, show on the court how much you want it.

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Still learning? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard something similar last season?

Anyway he is underestimating himself. He is already the best all round player in the game.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think it's Kawhi.

Averaging 30 mpg and less than 70 games per season for his career.

In any case, it's something smart franchises do. If we can keep Haren to lower 30 something minutes and have him fresher for the playoffs that would be great. That's why Spurs are good year after year and why LeBron looked like such a beast last playoffs

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I think he actually is

5. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

Ok Beardy, now you need to play off the bench. Oh wait, he is the Rockets best player... No Timmy, no Parker, no luxury.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Our star Harden is all talk in interviews- a true champion doesn't talk in an interview, he takes the reporters recorder and dunks it like Jordan used to do.

Drogba likes this.
  7. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

Actually Harden doesn't talk much to the media, he might say a few quotes. But for the most part unlike tmac and dwight, harden isn't known to have loose lips

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OK. He's talking about Lebron's 65 games first season in CLE, and Curry's 32 mpg, separately. That sounds good. I was trying to think of a single player who did both. And no, I certainly don't think he was referring to Gino (as I said in first post) -- I was just pointing out how well it describes Ginobody.

Actually hoping he wasn't referring to anyone in particular. Not all that excited that he'd call out Curry and Lebron like that, if intentional. Especially since Lebron only had that one 65 game year, otherwise the dude is the epitome of playing huge minutes and 75+ games.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's referring to Ginobody. He reads your posts. He gets it.

10. alethios

alethios Member

I'd prefer it if he didn't have to play all 82 at a 38+ mpg pace. He'll surely burn out at that pace. Sometimes, a leader has to know when to dial himself back and trust his teammates to do their job.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You don't think it's Kawhi?

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

For us old farts, we've been excited by this kind of talk too many times. Over the years, we've gradually become numb to preseason talks by players and coaches. We'll wait till they play the real games before we decide whether we should be excited about this season or not.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

are you serious?

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Cheke64, spreading sunshine in his wake everywhere he goes!