1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Innes SR610AM: "ClutchFans hate me!"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dram1, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I have enjoyed Charlie for maybe 20 years, but he has gotten really cranky almost relishing pointing Houston mediocrity.
    He has a deep pool of sports knowledge and great recall. He will do well in a Northern 'baseball' town.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I feel bad for the baseball fans here in Houston. Charlie was the only one that I think watched the Astros regularly.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Will Innes be the one interviewing Nolan Ryan, now? Lulz. Nolan is going to bounce within 3 weeks of those pee-pee games.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He loves the N word. He even called Kelce a House N.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  5. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Please don't tell me they fired Charlie for this dipshit. While I was getting tired of listening to Charlie, I didn't ask you to replace him with an even shittier version of Rush Limbaugh that happens to do sports radio.

mikol13 and ipaman like this.
  6. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I have a feeling what was discussed was management wanting Innes to join Palilo for the Drive Home to supposedly "livin up the show". I can see Charlie being 100% opposed and threatened to walk out, which he may have done.

To be honest, I love Palilo's show but its been stale for a while now. Same old mid-sentence cut-offs, hollier than thou attitude toward callers with less sports knowledge. The baseball summer was long and boring as well to listen to. I kinda tuned out this entire summer.

But I'm not saying Innes should be the replacement at all. Innes is God awful

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The fact that 790 hired this no-talent, scumbag, piece of **** pretty much tells you what they think of Nolan Ryan, Daryl Morey, Jeff Luhnow, Charlie P, and anybody else that might deserve a semblance of respect. But honestly, the people I blame the most are the listeners. The callers are mostly moronic mouth-breathers who don't know a damn thing about sports, and are only interested in which D-List has-been is playing the Texans halftime show. This move caters to them, as it's obvious that Charlie is a dying breed among this generation of listeners.

LonghornFan likes this.
  8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How long is the contract with 790 and the Rockets?

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Charlie had the best interviews. He was getting too moody recently but not having his voice on air is stupid. No reason at all to listen to 790.

10. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Some of them sure but CP had the nasty tendency to cut folks off in mid-sentance, going on a long rant before finally pausing only to hear the caller say "that's not my point, if you'd let me finish.." I would bet it will be a year before we see him in this market again with standard non-compete clauses in radio.

11. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Bye 790...MAD radio for me only now.

ipaman and LonghornFan like this.
  12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Classless piece of excrement.

ipaman likes this.
  13. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

I'm just seeing this and am at a loss for words.

Like many of you, I've been listening to Charlie since the 90's. I get that he's somewhat brash and doesn't come off like some radio guys who we'd possibly 'want to sit down and have a beer with' or whatever, but the man was a knowledgeable professional in a business where that's going the way of the dinosaur.

He knew his stuff, was prepared, and didn't pander to the lowest common denominator -- which was refreshing.

And they replace him with Josh Innes? I feel like the idiots have won today....

I really hope Charlie pops up on the dial somewhere because that's where I'll be listening.

14. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Josh Innes looks like he stinks.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Done with 790.

mikol13 likes this.
  16. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Palillo was replaced?

...with josh innes????

WTF.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Officially done with 790. I was already done with pretty much all shows except Charlie P. I tuned in today and listened to 2 minutes of Chris Gordy's nasty, boring voice and tuned off. I also proceeded to remove it from my car stereo shortlist and from iheart radio.

**** 790, **** Josh Anus.

TexasRedd, Jontro and ipaman like this.
  18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Chris Gordy sounds like he gets his anus pinched by ND on the elevator up to the studio every day.

I bet that guy has eaten at a vegan establishment and then told his girlfriend it was Papasitos.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't get it.
    You fire charlie to bring back some guy who got fired for saying racist things?
    And I can barely get a raise at work...what kind of crap is this.

20. Fantasma Negro

So Mad Radio is the only think on Houston sports talk radio that's worth a damn. Sucks Nick left