1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'm not trying to win an argument here. I just don't like misinformation coming from Watkins. It was the third time you quoted his wrong deadline date. Woj got Midnight Friday wrong, and Watkins is most definitely wrong about a midnight Sunday deadline. No reason why it would ever fall on Oct 2nd, Sunday.

We will be discussing this all day Monday, most likely.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I understand that, it's absolutely annoying when misinformation is being spread by allegedly reputable sources.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe a sign that his meeting with Morey didn't go as he wanted it to....that's DMo's agent BTW.

malakas likes this.
  4. elainas

elainas Member

5. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

Reaching out to Twitter doesn't help the situation, Rockets still have all the power. And I believe BJ looks like an a$$ throwing an analytics dig at Morey. Maybe if he did his job and got another offer, he wouldn't be in this situation

6. jogo

jogo Member

BJ looked clueless and now just looks like an ass with the analytics comment. He's not helping DMo at all.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What about agent analytics?

oakdogg and CCity Zero like this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Never trust a man named BJ.

oakdogg likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say the only reason you wanted a big man is to rebound. How about defense? You can't play a small guy to have the effect of DMo guarding the other team's big. Not to mention the option of having a post up game.

Yes, rebounding is very important for a big man. But you have to consider other aspects of the big man's game. If the guy could do everything great, he'd be a superstar.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What's Dmo's move if he can't get the deal he wants?

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Dumb as a rock on BJ's part. How does this help anyone? D-Mo should fire BJ and sign the one year deal. Then get out on the court, prove himself, and sign a much bigger contract next summer.

AroundTheWorld and CCity Zero like this.
  12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

bj should be contacting the mavs, gsw, spurs in order to shove it into DMs face..time's out though..poor agent

13. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

but IF the human behavior doesn't quantify to analytical statistics... what good is it?

I guess he's trying to make the 'intangibles' argument... but failing miserably...

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Those teams you named have no cap room to use on D-Mo. The Rockets' current offer is likely bigger than anything those teams could offer. There are only a few teams with meaningful cap room to spend on D-Mo.

malakas likes this.
  15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The problem with trying to get a deal elsewhere is that it has to be for 2 years minimum, and very few teams have cap room, so DMo is kind of stuck.

DD

16. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I don't remember hearing, but were there any decent offers that DMo received near the beginning of FA? Did he reject something that we know of that he may now regret?

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Most of the time, I've observed that going small causes the other team to go small, so you don't have to worry about guarding a big at PF when going small.

During this whole period of the going small fad, I've wondered why a team doesn't just stay big when their opponent goes small to exploit the size advantage. For some reason, it hardly ever happens.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

And we won the vast majority of our games thanks in large part to the play of DMo on both offense and defense.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

That plus he had an outstanding post game, 3pt shot with good passing and really good defense that season.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

You don't remember hearing anything because there was nothing.

Oh and apparently Mike said "D-Mo is my main PF" but spending $80M on Ryan Anderson said differently.

You'll all see.

CCity Zero likes this.