1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's going to be the first player or team to protest during the anthem?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Sep 21, 2016.

1. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Yeah I agree. It should be played before events such as NBA finals or All Star Game, or even National Team games. Not every NBA game.

2. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Stop being a malaka, and think.

Louka likes this.
  3. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

Yeah cause 'Melo is an upstanding citizen we should all get behind.

Let' see.
    -Appeared in snop snitchin video where people are threatened with violence
    -Driving under the influence
    -Threw his bronze medal into the lake (the same bronze medal, that people work so so so hard for)

4. malakas

malakas Member

I don't have to think anything. Some of you have to think and pretend to know and some of us actually are living it. So you stop being a malaka and wake up to the realities of the world.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nobody will and I hate this nationalism crap. I refused to stand for it when I went to an NBA game once and think whoever does it, does not deserve any negative nor any positive response. It's irrelevant and it's a real shame how one of my fav players Abdul-Rauf was freezed out of the NBA because of it.

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I have a problem with looting, chanting "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon", blocking highways, attacking cops, and now the hatred of white people that is associated with this movement. How can you differentiate the "true" movement from the non-sense?

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

is this what the D&D experience is like?

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Not as bad in here.

BUT.

It's fine to discuss answers to the question posed in the OP, but if you guys want to get into discussions about the underlying causes you should probably go to the D&D and argue to your heart's content....it don't belong in this forum.

If the discussing of racism and other things yall are bringing up goes much further this will either get closed or moved to D&D anyway..

Whatever...just a headsup and warning to those who don't seem to know better or don't remember that this forum is about basketball discussion not social issues.

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the post above. This will be my last comment and I will welcome any discussion VIA pm. I apologize.

double edit: I just removed my response to @Houston22 from my post entirely instead. That's probably best since apparently this is "bad."

#70 oogie boogie, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Looks like I was right. Simmons will be sitting during the National Anthem.

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Regarding anyone in the NBA who anthem-protests:

It should be permissible for another player to sack the shiiiit out of them at the 50 yd line (half court).

If they are so hard up to protest ----leave the league for euro ball. GTFO

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Toronto players not only did not sit down, they locked arms. Very cool. Another reason I like NBA over NFL.

14. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

I like that, shows unity. Also like the kneeling as it shows the individual has something weighing heavily on their mind. You see it at football games all the time when a player gets severely injured.

15. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

I really hope no Rockets player get involved in this ****. its a distraction and pointless

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

I personally hope Beverley starts to pluck his hair or just jump around during

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Settle down, Cletus.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

U calm down Goober.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lin doing it right.

http://www.espn.com/blog/brooklyn-nets/post/_/id/23780/jeremy-lin-more-compassion-sympathy-needed

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Would you have preferred to be a minority in the 60's? Where you legally couldn't drink out of the same water fountain?

How about earlier, when women couldn't even vote?

How about earlier, when you couldn't own land at all?

Comparing BLM to the incredible struggles of women and minorities in the 60's is disgusting. Those people had real issues, and created some of the best literature ever penned (letters from bermingham jail) to combat it. They did it right, and because of it, they won.

BLM is more like Malcom X. It might raise awareness, but in the end, the overall impact is fairly irrelevant compared to a real movement, with clearly defined goals, and a real leader.