1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So this is the beginning of D'Antoni's laissez faire attitude.

2. malakas

malakas Member

Also Pekovic has been ruled out for the season and Taylor said that he may be bought out (otherwise will be medically retired in February).
    That frees up two roster spots for the wolves.

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

LOL, what else is he supposed to say? Would you have preferred it, had he said ''We can't and won't start training camp until the Dmo situation is resolved!!''? He made it clear he'd like to have him back, everything else is out of his control! Like or dislike the signing of D'Antoni, but really there's nothing he can do about the Dmo situation.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You have two guys who like talking to the public now. And that is not including players.

It is not a negative yet but it has a dangerous potential.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. opticon

opticon Member

Things get interesting when need rears its ugly head. Off the top of my head that leaves Deng and KAT as the proven Bigs. Do they have any other NBA proven talent at the 4/5 spot?

7. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I don't believe so. As far as I know nothing has changed. I asked my source when we could expect him to sign and haven't heard anything yet.

I do know for a fact DMO wasn't happy about the Rockets going after another PF this offseason with the amount we already had under contract. Moving Beasley definitely had something to do with DMO.

He wants to play and have a significant consistent role with a team which is why Minnesota came up. Again I will relay any information that I hear throughout the process.

8. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Cole Aldrich, Jordan Hill, Greg Smith. Not the greatest collection of talent but should hold the backup spots nicely after KAT and Dieng.

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Bjelica may be an interesting (and very cheap for 2/3 years) player to steal in a possible trade scenario with the Wolves, i really don't think he'll have much minutes with Thibs, but he should be good here.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo may WANT to play with a team that will start him and guarantee significant playing time, but as a RFA, the Rockets hold all the cards here. This is why I think he signs the QO to give himself a guarantee he won't be traded this year and he becomes an UFA next year when salary caps go up another 9ish million and more teams have cap room.

Morey is probably playing hardball with a little better than QO offer with some teeth in year 2 that DMo doesn't want - so I suspect either Morey blinks and guarantees year 2, or Dmo takes the QO......

I don't see Morey blinking.

DD

11. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

KAT, Dieng, Aldrich, Bjelica, Payne, Hill and I don't think Smith is on their roster any more. While Payne is obviously a D-League material, others are solid rotation players off the bench. I don't see Wolves going out of their way to get Motiejunas. Bjelica is kind of a similar player to DMo and has yet to show everything he can after only one season in the league.

12. MistaK

MistaK Member

Why are we still discussing whether Dmo will be back or not? He won't be back! He already signed a HUGE, deal months ago. They can't make it public just yet...he is sitting back and enjoying life, waiting for all the pieces to fall into place.
    - basketballholic ;)

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

Surely there are better choices for avatars than my face

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Bit of a softball you just lobbed him there lol

15. alethios

alethios Member

[​IMG]

16. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Where are you basing this statement from? You sound pretty sure of what you are saying...

17. RedDragon01

RedDragon01 Member

I was waiting for that. :)

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah... we'll just leave that be.

19. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

He was making fun of bballholic and his "inside info"

Nemospl likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

So glad I'm not crazy.

I saw that photo and was questioning my sanity thinking that was rocketgirl.