1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

out of town fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thegary, Oct 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. T_in_Charlotte

T_in_Charlotte Contributing Member

Charlotte, NC here, but I'm sure you could tell that form the ID.

2. littlefish_220

Born in China,
    Living in CA now.

Go rockets!!!

3. mduke

mduke Member

I live in the OK-Cizzle

4. Steve DT

Steve DT Member

I am from north carolina and I like the rockets

5. Olajumus Prime

Born in Houston.......Raised in Baytown...........Live in Fullerton, CA.............will move back to Texas again.......

6. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I'm here, but I am not in washington Heights. 110th street is my name, but the slums are no longer my game. i finally got a sweet deal on the Upper East Side- York Avenue in the East 70's. but my name stays the same.

anyway, i joined the Yahoo group, my name is eastfourteenth( i have moved around alot in the last five years.)

ny rocket fans represent.

Also, November 4th is the day the Rockets come to play the Nets at Continental Arena. who's going to that game, it's less than a month away!

#166 across110thstreet, Oct 13, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  7. Southpaw

Southpaw New Member

i am originally from Pearland but now I live in Paris (France, not TX).

8. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Across110th -- I also live in the UES, 94th and 3rd. We should meet up some time at Ship of Fools or the like (82nd and 2nd, halfway between us both).

I'm trying to get tickets to the Nets game. Any suggestions?

9. CinciRocketFan

Live in Cinci, basically was a big Akeem Abdul Olajuwon fan when he played for U of H when I was a youngster and adopted the Rockets when they drafted him.

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

nba store has tickets. njn shouldn't sell out, but with Yao and company coming to town, it might be a little harder.

i am down to meet on the UES, Ras.

11. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

New Yorkers:

I'm not into yahoo groups, but I'll be in your town from early next week til mid-November. Planning on finding a sports bar to catch the Rockets-Spurs preseason game on ESPN. If anyone's into that, lemme know. I'll be staying at 27th and 3rd and I don't really go uptown of there. Anyone wants to meet in that neighborhood or anywhere below, let me know.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There used to be a bar on 23rd street just east of the flat iron building. The TV's are small, but if you stand at the bar you can watch. The doorman/bouncer was also a Rockets fan. This was a couple of years ago, so no doubt it's changed by now, but if you can't find anywhere else check it out before hand. I can't remember the name of the place but it's right by the windows.

I know that downtown is a place called the Sporting Club or something like that. I believe it's on Franklin. That place usually will show any game you want as long as other people haven't claimed all the TV's first. It's a little more upscale in atmosphere, and maybe a little bit pricier. It looks pricier than it really is. When I used to go there I would John Norris from MTV watching the Rockets a lot of the time.

13. Yun

Yun Member

Greenville, TX

14. buip

buip Member

what about the espn zone bar or whatever in nyc; can you go there to watch rocket games?

15. Valera

Valera Member

And I am the rockets fan from Russia, Petrozavodsk.

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Raised in Houston, currently living in Omaha, Ne. I will be moving back to Houston the first week of jan

17. The Voice of Reason

dont subject your self to that.

Smegg and I met at the Zone. I had previously never been, and dont necessarily feel the need to return. I imagine they have whatever is happening on their network playing, but it is not a traditonal sports bar in any way.
    go give your money to some small busines that will cater to you and welcome you back for other games. hell you can all keep going and i am sure if the owner thought it worth it would get all their games just for your group.

NYC has everything dont forget. there are bars that just cater to one group. like U buffalo, or UConn or whatever. You can find one i am sure for the rockets

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

VOR and 110th:

You guys up for the preseason Spurs game?

19. dreamshake2

dreamshake2 New Member

I grew up in Houston from 1975-1997, and have lived in San Diego since then. I started watching when I was 10 years old in 1984. Kinda ironic that the Rockets started in San Diego long ago....On a different note, my friend met Stevie F. in Scottsdale, AZ and he was nice enough to sign an NBA ball made out to me! I was pretty psyched to get the ball. Are there any other Rockets fans in San Diego, CA?
    I'll be going to game 2 in Houston on November 1st, always go to both the games in Phoenix, and will be going to Rocket/Clippers in LA on 11/24! I'll be wearing the colors!!!

20. chimera34

chimera34 Member

how about a outta town Korean-American Rockets Fan?

I was born in Houston, and my dad went to Univ of Houston the same year as the Phi Slamma Jamma crew. He loved Hakeem and were excited that the Rockets drafted him. Huge Drexler fan as well. Oh and btw, I'm from Berkeley, CA