1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy football advice thread [2016-17]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by BigMaloe, Aug 29, 2016.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Last year with Keenan Allen out we saw Rivers lean more on Gates and Woodhead in the short passing game. In the 2nd half last week after Allen got hurt I read the target report had Travis Benjamin and Williams with the most targets.

Probably going to need to take a wait and see approach with the Chargers passing game to see if Rivers starts targeting Gates/Woodhead more or if he continues to try and push the ball down the field a little more often.

1 person likes this.
  2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Unfortunately, at this point I have three available RBs: Lamar Miller, Melvin Gordon, and LaGarrette Blount. My fourth RB is Chris Ivory, and he has the mystery health problem. I am hoping he comes back soon, since I see him as the RB1 at JAC and the best available RB.

Forsett is currently a FA and after that its guys like Terrence West or the currently injured Kenneth Dixon.

So unless I swung a deal that included RBs (ie. the guy with Fuller and Snead has Derrick Henry on the bench; the guy with Jones and Diggs has Yeldon). Love to get a Fuller + Henry for D Allen and Gordon, but I have a hunch that GM would simply laugh?

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

People have a tendency to overvalue players they drafted. You are only likely to get someone interested in a trade if it exposes their own biases. Most likely proposing a trade that solves their depth problem and/or gives them a player they perceive as "good" but who really isn't (Melvin Gordon, search: Recency bias).

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Thoughts on who to start at QB. Full PPR, 4pt Td

Luck at Broncos
    Flacco at Browns

Leaning Flacco here.

5. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

I claimed Tyrell Williams off the waivers.. sitting him on the bench this weekend but depending on targets he gets I might put him on week 3.

6. The Stig

The Stig Member

Luck.

Ravens are going to go up and just play hot potato with their running backs to seal the win. Oh, the weather is going to be abysmal in the East this weekend. Might wanna monitor that.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If you're not going to start a high-end QB why even bother drafting one?

8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Especially a high-end QB with lots of pass catchers and Frank Gore at RB. Luck will throw, often, all season long.

9. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Pick 3:

Marshall at Buffalo
    R.Mathews at Chicago
    Forte at Buffalo
    Ware at Houston

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Pick 1 of 3:

Jeremy Hill @Pit
    Theo Riddick vs Ten
    Will Fuller vs KC

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

Beats me. I only have one QB on my team.

Loading up on QBs is a questionable strategy to begin with. I'm so happy my money league thinks that this is important.

12. kanggang

kanggang Member

Any Sammy Watkins owners rolling him out today?:rolleyes:

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

I almost picked Mathews but my Texans bias is showing and last time I checked, we aren't good against pass catching RBs.

I like Theo Riddick in a pass happy offense against a suspect Tennessee team. Fuller had a good first week but still looks like boom bust guy. We shall see.

1 person likes this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

haha debating as my alternatives are more of boom or bust as well in one league. especially when i have josh gordon still on suspension.

15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Thanks, I came to the same picks. Also, I feel like Chicago will stack the box and force Wentz to beat them.

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Pick 2 of: Gurley, Rawls, R.Mathews, Duke J, C-Mike, and Henry

Leaning Rawls and Mathews this week. Any ideas?

17. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Thanks.. Figured against the Browns Flacco would have a field day but I guess start your studs even against a Denver D.

I plan on starting him, it's just this weekend I don't like his match-up and I had Terrance west sitting on my bench so dropped to pick up Flacco. In hindsight, probably wasn't worth my waiver.

Agreed. Him and Ware carried my team in week 1.

Agreed as well.

18. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Zero-RB wins again. Went WR-WR-WR in money league and took Matt Forte as RB1 in the 5th round. :)

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

OUTLIER. Lucky. He'll be out for the season SOON.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

I have Jordan Reed (vs Dal) and Travis Kelce (vs Hou). I went with Reed but wonder what you guys on here think.