1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paging Codman?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROXTXIA, Aug 3, 2016.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

His Euro numbers were much better, so there's hope - but there's a lot of other issues too. His TOV rate was higher than Dwight Howard's and much higher than James, with a fraction of the AST%.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I think Harden makes a lot of players look good especially the ones that have high IQ or stick exclusively to their roles.

Parsons had his best year playing with Harden.

Lin statistically had his best year with harden, although he was pretty good last year playing with surprise surprise a ball dominate guard in Walker.

Delfino revitalized his career playing that first year with James.

Asik was seen as a top 8 center on the come up his one year with harden avg a double/double, now he can barley get more than 15 mpg in NO.

Cannan looked very good playing off harden for that stretch that bev was injured.

Tarik black was a serviceable starter now he can't even get playing time on a bad lakers squad.

Bev got a starter gig and 18mil contract from playing off harden and he wasn't even in the league before that.

Harden making his teammates better and the game easier for them is very underrated by many here and especially the media.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Not to mention all those unexpected .1 shot clock passes he does to give his teammates such easy assists. Amazing

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Because no other player does that right?

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think you're on to something.

6. Rokman

Rokman Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKVn4-bMFU8

Here's the video. I know highlights bring out the best in a player but some of the things he did were definitely better than your average player and he was a rookie from Europe. He just needed time.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Papa in this roster too, not sure where he is now though...?

8. craguin

craguin Member

9. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Great points! Don't forget Dorsey! Trash ass Dorsey played well for the Rockets even though fans won't admit it.

Imagine if Dwight just lead from the back. Imagine If he didn't fight Harden so much last year... Dwight was good that one season.. Harden could have made him great again if he simply set screens and dunked the ball. It still makes me angry thinking about it.

12. alethios

alethios Member

Unless there's something that says differently, I believe Dwight took it hard that McHale was fired, that Smoove wasn't brought back at the beginning and that Harden's buddy Ty was brought in. You could see that his heart wasn't in it.

Let's hope that this newly assembled team plays with the same heart and passion that they did in '14-15.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The whole season was "something that says differently"...he was mad he wasn't getting his touches and forced to be Tyson chandler...affects his earning power negatively..it's that simple...he went through the motions just to fulfill his contract without bad press, although he screwed that up and let some things slip here and there...which is why he needed a new agent to give him a makeover.

He took a hard stance with Atlanta and forced them to give him the extra money they were saving to give Horford his max deal.....it's clear it was about money.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Ok, I'll buy that, but all of these points add up to a lack of maturity on his part and a lack of willingness to put the team's success before his own.

15. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Bump.
    Just wondering if people think the team is now set for the start of the season or whether there's a trade being lined up still?
    Will a Rudy Gay or Noels trade materialize? Or someone else like Monte Ellis?
    Has been very quiet on the news/trade front. Understand it's time of the year and I'm getting impatient for it to start!

16. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Hoping for Gay and Noels :eek:
    Bev/Gordon/Prig
    Harden/KJ/Brew
    Gay/Beasley
    Anderson/Motie
    Noel/Nene

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

FIFY.....

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For Montrezl to really get going he needs to get good at something. His rebounding is not good enough to just be a pure hustle player. He needs to learn to shoot it or start mastering the pick and roll. He just hasn't shown enough on offense yet to be worth playing more than 5-10 minutes a game, If that.

1 person likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

I like Trez but i agree with this. A pf with no shooting, no rebounding and no p&r game is pretty much useless. And i'm also not impressed with his defense to be honest...he can make plays but i don't know, i kinda remember him to be out of position a lot, losing his man easily...

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, he fit right in with last year's squad, I'd say.

But hey....that Predator hairdo.....cool when he'd go to dunk, right?