1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans vs. Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Three great finishes right now:

Cowboys down one to the Eagles

Chiefs down three to the Packers

Undefeated Colts tied with the undefeated Panthers.

2. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Damn our secondary was ripped apart. The Titans do not have any outstanding wideouts but that secondary made each and everyone of them look like Randy Moss. Sean Taylor should be the first name on the Texans wish list.

3. xlr817

xlr817 Member

UGLY GAME! The Texan's secondary are beyond "sucks"! The Titans recievers all looked like Pro Bowl/Hall-OF FAMERS against our secondary! I think my 15 mos old son can cover their recievers much better!!:) ;) :p :rolleyes: They ALL should be locked in a room & made 2 see the tapes of themselves looking @ the back of the Titans' wideout jerseys!!!:( OVER & OVER.......

4. Mack

Mack Contributing Member

Stu Schweigert

A quick google search revealed that he is a highly touted free safety, ran track in high school, and has had alcohol-related brushes with the law.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

With all due respect to the Titans, I do believe Derrick Mason is (or will be ) a pro-bowl reciever.

With all due respect to the Texans, their pro-bowl CB Aaron Glenn was out today (and thus influenced the way they decided to help out on coverage patterns).

But, whenever you give up 400+ yards to ANYBODY, let alone Air McNair, you know your defense got some serious work to do... especially when we just played a team that has NO running game.

6. Cato=Bum

Cato=Bum Member

Mcnair is clearly the NFL MVP right now. The Titans have a so-so D, the worst running back in the NFL, a crappy OL, and they don't have anyone near the caliber of Harrison at WR. The dude is a superstar QB and is much more clutch than Manning and has won playoff games, something Peyton has not ever done.

7. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Titans dominated this game. Nice to finally see a Titans blowout. Does not happen very often. Also glad to see Carolina beat Indy. Very good weekend for Titan fans.

The fact of the matter is that the Titans have no running game and all the credit for this season goes directly to Steve "MVP" McNair. Steve rightfully deserves to be considered in the lead for the MVP race. However, what he cares about most is winning and winning in the post season. That is something that Peyton Manning can only dream about. Let Peyton Manning win one freaking playoff game before he can hold Steves jockstrap.

Yes the Texans were playing short without Glenn but the fact of the matter is that Titans have several very good receivers. Just choice your poison. Now add in a rookie stud like Tyrone Calico and the passing game will continue to flurish...

ps - Da Dakota. Excellent call on the game today... You almost had the final score down pat. Go Titans!!!

8. Remix

Remix Member

Matt Stevens-his name is enough.

Andre Johnson- anybody heard of this guy? i havent today.

Gaffney- Same thing, Gaffney?

Texans firsy play of the game was a 4 yard pickup.
    The Titans first play of the game was a 14 yard pickup.
    That right there was the story of the game.

Anybody else got tired of seeing all blue all the time? Our offense would run on the 1st and 2nd possesion then throw for a incomplete, then punt away.

How much offense did we get today about or close to 400?probaly one of the postive things about the game.

On to the NY Jets.

9. drapg

drapg Member

Holy ****ing ****.

Slap my ass and call me Nostradamus! :D

The above quoted post is on page 1, posted at:
    10-09-2003 09:30 AM

10. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Just got off the plane from Nashville.

There was a nice contingent of Texans fans there, but hard to make much noise when Mason and McNair are killing ya.

Still, a lot of fun. Nice to see Bethea honored. I had a nice clean shot on Bud but I left my paintball gun in Houston.

And stereotypes be damned, the Titans fan next to me had 2-3 teeth and a mullet. I shoulda taken a pic.

11. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mateo... I stood up and was clapping for bethea and the fans around me gave me weird looks.. I feel sorry for the guy. most titans fans have no clue who he was..

I wouldnt' be opposed to having him honored at a texan game in houston.. he deserves to have a chance to be honored there and there are plenty of fans who'd like to be able to see him honored.

anyways I hope your reunion went well... good to see all you "old folk" on campus.... haha

as for the mullets... you got that right. and they are starting to grow them out for the winter time!

12. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

I never saw bethea play but I met him over the summer and have looked up stuff about his career... he was a class act and a nice guy when i met him this summer

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

LOL.

Amazing how McNair can carry his team on his shoulders like that.

They have NO running game right now, and still won a blowout game. 400yrds (well 399) by McNair....all I can say is ...WOW.

14. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

While I definitely will not do the first thing...

"Nostradamus!"

You da' man.

15. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

didn't get a chance to see the game cause i was out of town...

so i'm watching nfl primetime on espn and I noticed how Matt Stevens sucks bad. Why is this guy still on the team let alone starting?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Steve McNair is the most valuable player in the National Football League.

17. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Yeah, I was standing and clapping for Bethea. It was really weird seeing the tribute film for him being played in Nashville.

When he said "I never thought 20 years ago that I would be here speaking in front of all of you.." I laughed to my wife, "oh, I think he means in Nashville"...and the toothless guy next to me and his buddies started into us for not "getting over it"

I said, "Look, guys, we're over it..you can have Bud....and I will stay silent about all this for the rest of the game....if you can name ONE of Bethea's teammates"

They went back to drinking and left us alone.

The Vandy reunion was fun, going back to the frat house was surreal, but the ladies were as eye-popping as ever.

18. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

mateo.. I hear you there... oh what a tough life I lead looking at them all everyday lol? When I decided to come here I got a lot of.. oh have fun with your nerdy girls while I'm at UT with the best ones in the nation.. in all honesty I think they can compete with UT looks wise.. and brains hmm...

did your wife have to pop you a few times for checking them out hehe..

I loved it when bethea thanked the houston fans.. and even though I never really saw him play.. that was really really weird to see oilers highlights in that stadium...

oh and that stadium is trash! when I saw that vanderbilt has a little segment during the games.. the physics 101 thing I was mad!

I answered any crap I got for wearing texans stuff with.. A) We have the same number of superbowl rings as your team does B) I was a fan of this team longer than you have known they existed

#98 Rocket Fan, Oct 13, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Calico will be the franchise receiver McNair has never had.

20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

So, when is Carr going to take any criticism? He might as well have yelled "I'm going to throw it to THAT receiver!!!" the way he telegraphed that last interception...