1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Apple September 2016 Event

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by HR Dept, Sep 7, 2016.

1. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

October

2. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i use a planttronics bluetooth headset called the backbeat fit and they sound wonderful. i workout for a hour and fifteen while at the gym and i don't have to charge until after the fourth workout.

also, don't buy knockoff brand bluetooth buds from amazon. they'll break eventually and the sound quality is not as good.

1 person likes this.
  3. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Bluetooth headphones are the only way to go now. You shouldn't have any noticeable loss in sound quality through headphones as long as you buy a quality Bluetooth set. You're far more likely to notice an improvement.

1 person likes this.
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

they said they would include wired headphones and an adapter in all iPhones

5. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I use Bluetooth strictly for working out. It's perfect for that. I get maybe 5 or 6 hours of battery life out of my Powerbeats 2's, which means I can go 1-1.5 weeks between charges. At my desk or when I travel, I still prefer to go to corded route simply due to the battery constraints.

1 person likes this.
  6. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Mario looks fun and im sure the new camera will look amazing. The extra speaker seems a little pointless except for those guys at the gym that think everyone wants to hear their music can turn it up even louder now.

I use bluetooth headphones sometimes and wired sometimes. I can only imagine how frustrating it would be if you only have wired headphones but left the adapter at home. I see people on iphone forums complaining that they won't be able to charge their phone while driving and listening to music if they don't have bluetooth in their car. I didnt think about that but like people said you can buy an additional attachment im sure. These aren't big problems or anything but just enough to be really frustrating every once in a while.

Im sure it will be a great phone though really. It just seems apple creates small problems with solutions that cost extra or require an attachment that is one more thing to keep track of. Smart for business though when you have such a loyal following.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im surprised at the kickback for removing a 50 year old technology. It takes up valuable real estate on the phone. There will be dongles and splitters that will allow people to continue to use the 3.5mm plug.

I really hope they do not use this as an opportunity to make the phone thinner. Its silly I have to buy a ruggedized thick case just to hold the phone when they could use the space to make bigger batteries.

8. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Bluetooth headphones are good enough. I think if you want higher sound quality you need a phone and headphones that are AptX compatible or has some sort of similar compression technology. Battery life is the worst thing about wireless headphones. There are a few earbuds on Amazon that aren't too bad and relatively cheap if you don't care about the sound/battery life too much. You just have to do some research.

1 person likes this.
  9. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

I give it 2-3 years until Apple buys Jaybird.

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

It's annoying because they're replacing a universally available technology with something that's very proprietary. Having to carry special headphones or an adapter around with you isn't practical. If the lightning port was used by products other than apple and had the potential to become a new standard then I could see the argument that they're looking towards the future but as it is all they're doing is limiting their customers.

11. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

phone is the same thickness. battery life is longer (not sure about size). could have been improvied through software. see android and doze.

regarding the headphone jack...

i like being able to charge my phone and watch vids/listen to music at the same time. dislike having to leave a phone on a charger overnight. yeah, i could use a bluetooth headset, but would have to deal with charging them also.

^^^ saying all of that i realize how paranoid i am about running out of battery.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

With USB-C in place, hopefully we can get universal wireless chargers for all phones.

A dongle/splitter will let you charge and use a wired headset at the same time.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I have touch screen with apple carplay in my car. Which is probably another reason they wanted to do this. People will be more inclined to use their products more and more.

It is nice though to use siri to say map home, work, or school. The map pops up right away to go to those places, with a button to activate siri on my steering wheel.

14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I think they probably see a trend with customers buying more bluetooth headphones so it was a good time for them to move forward. I do wish there was something better than bluetooth out there though.

15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I see the advantage but I also see a ton of people lifting weights with full size headphones. Once you go to that point why would they pay extra to get rid of wires? The pods are an obvious advantage without wires. People will just instantly lose them tho. Bluetooth audio and wireless headphones are getting way better.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

What do you mean better than bluetooth? Something that is telepathic?

Bluetooth v5 (I just read about it) is coming within the next year. It will double the speed and quadruple the range again. Within 5 years I would assume you would be able to stream huge files.

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'll wait for the iPhone 8 which is a real redesign.

18. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I use my Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless bluetooth headphones to listen to music and podcasts everyday at work. Very happy with my QC35. Good sound quality, good noise cancellation and about 20 hours of battery life. The QC35 isn't cheap though.

1 person likes this.
  19. Dei

Dei Member

Resolution has not improved. Seems like a small battery. No 3.5mm jack. 2GB RAM. No expandable storage.

What a disappointment.

20. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

+1 for the backbeat fit. Could use a little more bass but I saw a mod that could help with that but then i think it would mess u one of the nice qualities of the headset and that is the ability to hear your surrounding environment.

Love them because they stay on and are pretty comfortable to wear for long periods. PLUS the right button activates google now commands.

1 person likes this.