1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ex-Stanford Swimmer gets 6 Months in Assault of Unconscious Woman

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BabyClutch, Jun 4, 2016.

1. amaru

amaru Member

This is simply pathetic.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I think that makes what you said worse. My sister was raped dude served 18 months got out and did it two more times. You could tell he was a guy who felt entitled to whatever he wanted. Imagine if they got the sentence right the first time. Rape is a violent crime.

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not all rapes are the same. Not all people are the same.

Imagine all the people that don't commit crimes again? I was convicted on assault with a deadly weapon, simple battery, & carrying a concealed weapon when I was younger. 8 months of ISP was enough to straighten me out.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

White privilege is my favorite privilege.

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

So you're saying its ok to have sex with a girl who's passed out behind a dumpster, Im confused at what you're trying to say. Rape is rape, I don't think there's any form of rape thats OK.

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dunno about the internet stuff trying to destroy his life even further than it is

But seemed to me he was clearly guilty. He tries to have sex with an unconscious girl behind a dumpster then tries to run away when caught?

I don't know if the sentence is fair or not, but at some point people need to allow him to rehab and try to become a productive member of society

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You have a very child like way of simplifying crimes.

Of course there's degrees to everything, a lot is considered when sentencing and charging, you can't just slap one murder sentence everytime someone dies, and you can't have one sentence every time some gets robbed at gun point. Same goes for rape.

Literally nobody is saying rape is okay, I don't know why you keep saying that.

9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Thats the impression that you give when you say that its ok that he only got 3 months. You are basically saying go ahead rape someone you wont go to jail. The sentence is based on the meaningfulness of the crime and the guy I responded to is ok with the length he got. That means he thinks what this kid did was not that bad. Its not child like when you take the words from the horses mouth. You are sort of like Trump followers. Trump says something stupid gets called on it and you guys get mad. Just look at his words, its what the hell he said. If you don't think that this guy should spend more time in prison, you are saying you're OK with what he did.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think if one was "OK with what he did" then one would say there should have been no prison sentence. But I've not yet seen anyone say that. Instead I've seen people say that some crimes are worse than others, and that sometimes one crime committed by two people isn't always committed the exact same way and to the exact same extent, and as such punishment should take that into consideration.

That's not at all the same as "being OK" with rape; whether or not you agree with it is something different.

(FTR, I think he should have had a longer prison sentence.)

11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If I was the victim's father, and this was Texas, I'd get my shottie and do some REAL justice.

Amirite?

13. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

3 months is no time. Who gives a **** about 3 months. 3 months = "small crime we dont really care about the victim, or the possibility that he will do it again, we're more worried about what happens to this **** in prison". Its hilarious on this board how the same people advocate the shooting of unarmed men are simply OK with a rapist only getting three months in prison.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yes you read it right, 3 months in prison for rape itself is a crime. The judge should be in jail.

15. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

He didn't go to prison, he went to County Jail

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sexual predators don't rehab.

Regardless this idea that people should let him be a productive member of society after committing rape and intending to go further is ridiculous. Why should he be allowed? And after what time period?

I think he should have gotten a much longer prison term. If this ruins his life - that's his fault not anyone else. People never want to accept responsibility for their actions when they are rich or white. But when it's a poor minority that does wrong, they should get what's coming to them. The privilege is sickening.

17. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

And back on the ignore list you go.

18. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

He is not a rapist and he was not sentenced to three months in prison. He was convicted of assault with intent to commit rape of an intoxicated woman, sexually penetrating an intoxicated person with a foreign object, and sexually penetrating an unconscious person with a foreign object. He was granted probation, and as a condition of probation was required to serve six months in the county jail. Under CA law, you are entitled to 1/2 time if you have no disciplinary issues in the jail.

Having said all of that, he got off way too light. I have had clients get more time for lesser charges.

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

TIL that penetrating a unconscious woman is not rape.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

What is it then if i wasn't rape she didn't say he could get it.