1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chase Sapphire Preferred

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ubiquitin, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

May I ask you, kind sir, how to activate the Airport Lounge Access? If you could lead me to a website with some literature, I'd love to read up on all of the other perks (I skimmed the welcome packet, but didn't really see anything immediately). Thanks in advance!

2. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

https://www.chase.com/card-benefits/sapphirereserve/travel

Under "Complimentary Airport Lounge Access" click "Learn More". Login to your Chase account and you should be able to activate it.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Are there any airport lounges you can access at IAH with Priority Pass that are in the domestic terminals?

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Unfortunately not. However, if you're flying United, you can buy club passes off of ebay for as little as $10 per pass.

6. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Member

I pay for parking off Washington Ave. last Friday night, $7. The charge posted today and I was credit it back $7 under the $300 travel credit. Loving this card!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

So I checked my mail this evening. I got a letter stating that I need to call them to confirm the information in the application.

I'm not completely sure what that means. Regardless what I will want to do if they give me the card is to downgrade my Sapphire Preferred to a Freedom Unlimited. I would then have the Chase Freedom, Unlimited, and Reserved.

8. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

Are there any bonuses for spending a certain dollar amount each year? Like on the United card when I spend $25k in a year I get a 10k mileage bonus too.

9. DUCK2324

DUCK2324 Contributing Member

How do think this compares to the Southwest Visa Card.

I use it for about 9 months out of the year until I get my two main perks and then switch cards. I get 1 person assigned as a companion on any flight I am on for FREE, I am also an A+ because I can roll over about about 20000 pointes to get that goal without even flying and I typically fly Southwest domestically 80% of the time, since hobby is 15 min from my house. (Cost is $200 a year I believe)

I also have a united Club card through chase that I use the other 3-4 months and I can get free bags and club access for free. (Cost is $450 a year)

10. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Don't you have to have a United boarding pass as well to enter their lounges now?

11. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

That was the case when I was at Newark, they asked for boarding pass.

12. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Any updates to this?

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So FYI they no longer treat hctra tolls as travel.

Also, extra 75 to add a second member per year

14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

15. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

How much do you travel? That's a ton of CC annual fees to pay; in particular why do you have a United Club card if you travel 80% SW domestic? Do you really make back the cost of a $450 fee on bags and club access?

You can get the companion pass without having a SW card. Probably harder but that seems unnecessary.

If you really travel that much, you should probably have one of the elite travel cards like the CSR, Citi Prestige, or Amex Platinum. The travel credits alone would likely cover your baggage fees and you'd get better lounge access (in addition to several other perks).

16. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

I got it. I heard they ran out of material to make the cards because they are in so much demand. Also, the $450 fee is due in 60 days not 12 months from now like people have thought.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

my annual fee hit within the first 3 weeks.

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I just ordered the Reserve. I never ever change credit cards (I had my Bank of America Rewards card for years now), but this seems too good to pass up. BoA card is pretty mediocre in cash rewards, but I have checkings and savings through them too so when I redeem my awards and move it to my bank account, it gets a 50% bonus.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... damn millennials.

I really can't fathom how that actually happens... they're hopeful that they get more metal cards in soon, but at some point they have to consider whether or not its even worth it financially (as I presume the metal supplier should probably increase their rates, given the demand).

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wow really? that's like a 1/8 back. But if you factor in the annual cost is that even worth it? I've had Chase Visa with no annual cost (Freedom) for nine years and despite the gas perks that come around etc I feel like I don't get enough rewards back. My family does spend more than $4k every 3 months easily.