1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. Chamillionaire

<IFRAME SRC="http://vodlocker.com/embed-al55oqqnof0q-640x360.html" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=360 allowfullscreen='true'></IFRAME>

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

HBO first got me with Vinyl. Now with this ****. I could have spent the last 8 hours at this time lifting like a bruh. What hor****.

3. LonghornFan

Don't care. I wouldn't waste another hour on the show.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Between True Detective Season 2, Vinyl, and The Night Of, HBO really has been missing the mark lately. Ballers is trash too.

Am I missing any others?

5. val_modus

val_modus Member

West world looks like it's going to be a flop...

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Netflix is happily taking everything they reject and running with the binge model. HBO is barely relevant right now.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That had so much ****ing potential. Just got caught up with richie doing coke and problems with his wife.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

I loved the series. What's with the hate? WestWorld looks awesome too. Screw you guys.

9. thejav

thejav Member

great show. great ending.

10. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

Thought it was good

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Good series, good ending, great Turturro.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

At least we had closure with the cat story arc. But, we're left hanging with what happens to the taxi.

And after all that build-up.

13. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Stone's closing argument was the best part of the entire show.

14. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I liked it. It was a slow show (but not as slow as TD2) and it had a slow ending. They didn't show the other guy getting arrested but that wasn't really the point of the show. They showed you enough to let you know who really did it but kept the ending focused on the characters we know.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I can see why some people didn't like it. I think it was a good mini-series overall. Of course there were a lot of loose ends, some small some big. At the end of the day, it could've been better, but I didn't hold up any crazy expectations. I like mystery/crime shows, so that alone had me watching this.

Some of the acting wasn't great, but in the end, they did just enough for me to be satisfied enough with the ending.

HBO is still the king, but Netflix is coming in the rear view mirror pretty fast. I like it though. HBO's only competition used to be Showtime. Now it's Netflix, Amazon and possibly Hulu.

Westworld might be a show I'll catch although I'm mixed on it so far with all the previews.

16. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I enjoyed it. Not great but decent.

Netflix is killing it though. I'm halfway through Strange Things... Damn thats good so far.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I really hate
    The way they threw away the Lady Lawyer was just pathetic and Annoying
    You get no closure or anything .. she walks off and never to be seen again
    She went from smart and sharp to INCREDIBLY STUPID, NAIVE AND STUPID . Her last arc was Baffling.
    Built her up all this time .. . for what? That? SMH

Rocket River

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

I don't get the complains either, i loved this show. Best show on tv. I'm kind of sad it ended. It covered so many aspects. From the crime scene, to booking, to jail, the inner workings of jail and how it changes you. And even shows the manipulation in the justice system with prosecutors trying to win a case. Then at the end where it shows Naz at the river, smoking crack and thinking about the great time he had with the girl. Deep stuff man, you really feel for him.

Also shows how complex covering a murder scene can be. Yes, not all cases has the best detectives working on them with 100% thorough investigation. Some things can and will be overlooked, missed. That happens when dealing with human error.

This show was all the best HBO series rolled up in a joint lol. It had a bit of Oz and some of The Wire, mixed with True Detective. I want a spin off that follows Naz. What happens next? Does it end up as just another junkie and ODs? Does he visit Omar in the pen and starts a new life of slanging crack?! Sooo many directions they can take this...

19. LonghornFan

Yeah, really deep stuff. A guy sitting on the rocks smoking meth. Thrilling.

It was anti climactic and predestined just as expected so I was pretty apathetic. I found it mundane and forced by the writers. Everyone pretty much knew something like this would happen once he basically gave the case to the girl.

BTW- How the hell do his lawyers put him on the stand and never ask about the hand wound from the stabbing game? So much fail on both sides parts during the trial it was laughable. I mean, it's not the worst show in the world but I'll be passing on the next series these guys are planning on releasing. Like Moe's said, HBO has, or is becoming irrelevant compared to Netfilx and even Amazon.

They also love to recycle their actors, which is weak. Chalky White and Doyle...and that judge was George Reemus in Boardwalk Empire and he was the killer in True Detective, AND he was Ax's lawyer in Billions. Can't go wrong with Omar though, but why no goodbye? So many loose ends and non closure just irritated me. Very glad it's over.

#279 LonghornFan, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  20. LonghornFan

The first episode of Vinyl was one of my favorite Pilots I've ever seen. I was very excited. Then...god they ruined what could have been greatness. That's a show that could have gone one for years.