1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ACA Update] The marketplace is failing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, Aug 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dmoneybangbang

LOL. I could be 12 years old and still be smarter than you BobbytheTroll.

Where'd you go when I schooled you about the economy? You did your hit and run and ran away.

Where'd you go when I schooled you about the events surrounding healthcare legislation? You ran away.

I don't expect you to be able to actually talk about subjects....

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You did literally none of that kiddo.....study up and give it another go when you're older and wiser.

3. dmoneybangbang

That's not a bad idea, it's just a "do we have the political will". Regardless it will be expensive for a few decades, even burdensome but the alternative is worse. We are about to enter a demographic maelstrom and I fear solutions will be forced upon us instead of us working them out.

4. dmoneybangbang

I literally did. You just keep running away.... I assume to consult one of your encyclopedias...

By all means.... Pick up the discussion where YOU left it like a good Republican.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

(Man, right after the compliment devolution begins anew)

Yes, we boomers are about to spend every dollar we can finagle on machines, technologies and procedures to keep us alive.
    Good luck kids! We're never going to diiieeeeee!

[​IMG]

#565 Dubious, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Most likely just medicine that is already generic and a bypass. If you guys could stop being fat ****s that would help us to pay your bills tho.

7. dmoneybangbang

Well? Demographics can be a cruel mistress. I don't want a generational war but someone's going to have to pay for that.

8. dmoneybangbang

Obesity needs to be taken care of, we can't keep subsidizing it. Frankly, food is too cheap however counterintuitive that is.

9. Bandwagoner

that isn't the problem. Someone tried that corn syrup BS on here years ago. the math doesn't fly. it is over indulgence. people are paying high prices to be fat.

10. dmoneybangbang

It's cheaper to eat high trans fat, high sodium, and high sugar processed food. Our public policy since the Dust Bowl (last major domestic food shortage) has been to have an oversupply. Good policy except it has evolved into a huge subsidy for corn growers.

Yes corn syrup is a big problem. People should be free to eat what they want but don't you think it's silly to give folks food stamps to buy Cheetos and Coke and provide them with free/inexpensive healthcare? Make food more expensive so folks who are eating unhealthy food are paying for their healthcare too.

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Stop arguing with uneducated people!

12. Bandwagoner

Cheetos and cokes are expensive. Healthier foods like rice, chicken, potatoes and apples are cheaper than cheetos and coke. See how that works? Your first sentence says it is "cheaper" to eat this food but then never a comparison is given.

You have fallen for the corn fallacy. The reason isn't corn.

13. dmoneybangbang

You're right, I didn't discuss the convenience factor. Why don't more folks buy a lb pack of chicken breast, bag of rice, and some fresh vegetables to cook themselves?

It seems in the real world folks go for convenience. When you factor in conveninece , those Cheetos and Cokes are actually cheap per calorie. Corn syrup is a big issue, as we know it's health affects. I am not going to argue about known science regarding corn syrup. We have data on how many sugary drinks and snacks are consumed.

How are you going to get folks to cook for themselves?

14. Bandwagoner

You mean when you said they were cheaper you were completely wrong and the corn syrup conspiracy theory falls completely on it's face and all this ethanol in my gas trimmer is the real massive corn ****up by the government. People are lazy over indulgent sloths.

15. dmoneybangbang

No I mean I should have said when "all things are considered". I wasn't completely wrong, just needed to amend my statement to account for all factors.
    There's no conspiracy theory about corn syrup, the health risks are very clearly known.

Now stop deflecting. Why do people over indulge in unhealthy foods instead of cooking healthy meals?

16. Bandwagoner

Your desperate hand waving sucks and I'm deflecting? I already said people are lazy over indulgent sloths. Did you not read that part or are you desperately trying to distance yourself from the BS you read about corn somehow making people fat.

17. dmoneybangbang

Why you mad bro? Because I didn't take enough time to properly tell your my position over a basketball forum? This isn't a dissertation so stop with that stupid *****.

Corn Syrup is different than the sugar you would eat from say, an apple. In corn syrup, the glucose and fructose, which are naturally bound together, become separated. This allows the fructose to mainline directly into your liver, which turns on a factory of fat production in your liver called lipogenesis.

Then you factor in how many tablespoons of sugar American's are consuming a day.....

I am sorry, this is science. Speaking of desperate... let's see your response.

18. Bandwagoner

Wait wait wait.........

this guy:

Is telling me I'm taking this forum too seriously.

[​IMG]

19. dmoneybangbang

So going the deflection route.... Thought you weren't doing that?

I am telling you are making too big of a deal in this particular instance where I admitted I had not properly put forth my argument.

BobbytheTroll runs away when the heat is applied which was my point in the context...

Stop playing gotcha and talk about the topic on hand. If you are too scared to go on just say so and stop playing these games.

20. Man

Man Contributing Member

What's the fate of the ACA marketplace, and what can be done to keep it sustainable, or to effectively change course?

What are the most feasible options (or current programs) for lowering the average cost of healthcare, increasing adequate healthcare access to the most people, and achieving preventative measures that increase long-term health outcomes? What are the negative repercussions or downsides from these options? Also, which has the maximum net economic benefit or efficiency?

Where are the most optimal comparable systems today or historically?

#580 Man, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016