1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which all-time great wing would start a franchise team with?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by plutoblue11, Aug 20, 2016.

?

Which wing would you choose?

1. Michael Jordan

83 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. Magic Johnson

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  3. Larry Bird

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Kobe Bryant

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  5. LeBron James

26 vote(s)
    20.3%
  6. Oscar Robertson

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. "Dr J" Julius Erving

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. Dwyane Wade

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. George Gervin

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  10. Other-Pistol Pete,AI,Nique, Pierce, Stockton,Worthy,DWade, Frazier, Nash, CP3, or etc.

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

James Harden

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jordan over Lebron, because he wouldn't leave my team as an FA to chase other teammates, he would dedicate all his time to making his existing team win and he does it. That happened even when Phil had a questionable start, even with a ****ty owner.

You want to build a dynasty, that's the guy you go with. Not the one who will jump ship if things don't go his way.

3. Buck Turgidson

Matt Maloney was only in his prime at the Bronx Bar.

4. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Because my actual name is Julius but I go by Jay...so I felt obligated to pick Dr. J on principle, knowing full well Jordan was going to dominate this list anyway

5. tuus

tuus Member

Where is Grant Hill?

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I would start with Tracy McGrady, and Tinman as coach.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Steph Curry DA GOAT!!1

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Easy there. I'm not in the whole "no one is allowed to be in the same conversation as Jordan" posse, but several players arguable better??? You do not know how to use the word several in a sentence.

10. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

cant carry a team, injury prone, gifted acolades

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You should google "several" and get back to me with your homework Boy George.

Several...

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Magic, MJ, or Lebron. It doesn't really matter as long as you put good pieces around them. Lebron is the only one that has proven that he get to the finals with a completely junk supporting cast. MJ can put a good team over the top and Magic makes everyone around him better.

13. GermanRoxFan

GermanRoxFan Member

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Names?

15. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Pound
    Bang
    Bupkus
    Blanko
    Nawt

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Jordan is the obvious answer, but if you're taking Jordan he's playing the 2 and he's your primary offensive focus at all times and you're not going to get to add (depending on the rules that you're building this team with) Kobe or Allen Iverson or even Allan Houston later because Jordan renders them irrelevant.

I think there are more options with Lebron. He's not a better player but I'd rather have him because of his exceptional adaptability with other guys. He could play with another Hall of Famer of any position and not get in their way.

17. Caesar

Caesar Member

Young MJ could play PG or SG, older MJ could play SG or SF. He could 100% play with any of the guys you mentioned. If the draft were in order, you'd miss out on any greats like Kobe, Iverson, Wade just as you would miss out on Bird, Dr.J, Baylor, Nique, Kawhi etc if you drafted LeBron. You'd probably still have a chance to draft Ray Allen or Reggie Miller with your 2nd pick and i think they'd fit with either MJ or LeBron just fine..

It's hard to go against drafting MJ but if the draft consists of all positions, i'm having a hard time drafting anyone over Hakeem, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, or Duncan. Just so much easier to build around a dominant big. You'd still have an awesome wing player like T-Mac, Vince Carter, or Harden in the 2nd round IMO whereas drafting MJ or LeBron, you'd miss out on the dominant bigs and be left with other wing players.

18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jordan

A bunch of these guys empower good players around them. Synergy and all that, which is nice, but requires finding good additional talent to surround him with.

Jordan can win a championship with John f-ing Paxton and old man Cartwright in the starting lineup. You can get 4 other guys who play passable defense, and make them get out of Jordan's way on the other end.

20. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Had to go with Jordan but Lebron's versatility made it a tough choice. At the end of the day, MJ's mean streak makes him the guy.