1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The performances of Zhou Qi in Rio Olympics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Aug 15, 2016.

1. langal

langal Contributing Member

Bradley would have been a steal as a second round pick.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

6 years on Clutchfans and your basketball insight is still entirely based on 5 minute youtube clips.

At least make an attempt to look up Shawn Bradley on wikipedia to learn who he was and what type of numbers he put up. "Top 10 dunks on Shawn Bradley" on youtube does not count as good analysis.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Look, I get many of you idolized Bradley and probably still have his poster on your wall. My thing is there were much better choices at that pick. The Rockets should have done their job better and not waste the fans time with pointless agendas..

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

How does bringing up Shawn Bradley's name in any way relate to your point?

If your point is what you say it is, then you have a completely idiotic way of trying to make that point. The better way to make your point... would have been to just said your point.

5. dragician

dragician Member

he got his defense from the pros...

[​IMG]

6. SunsRocketsfan

Shawn Bradley was not a bad player by any means. If we get a Shawn Bradley i'd be ecstatic. You do know Bradley led the league in blocks several times and his career averages of 8 pts 6 rebs arnt too shabby. It's just because he was the 2nd overall pick that people consider him a bust.. Qi can't ever be considered a buss since he's a late 2nd round pick.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Such emotion!!!!:eek:

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Highest potential - Yao Ming
    Worst potential - Jeremy Lin

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Normally, there are two ways to deal with being called out for saying blatantly stupid things.

1. Accept what you said was silly, retract the statement and move on.
    2. Double down on the stupidity.

You have unfortunately (but not unsurprisingly) picked the 2nd option.

10. dmoneybangbang

Yep.... That is coachbadlee....

11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

LOL

I bet you haven't watched even one game of Zhou's.

Zhou's highest potential <<< Jeremy Lin

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

You could look pretty stupid if he pans out. Lin isn't even in the top 20 at his position. That's why he's always been a bench guy. He's literally started in less than half the games he's played in.

Face it, Lin sucks compared to other NBA points. We gave LA draft picks and money just to take him off our hands. Zhou has more value to Houston if he stayed overseas and never put on a Rockets uni. At least we won't sell our future and cash to get rid of him.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2 ladies, one coach. Sounds like a party to me! Yeah!!!!!!

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

coachbadlee of the present, maybe it is time you debated with coachbadlee of the past.

What does coachbadlee of the past have to say about about Hasheem Thabeet, the 7'3 center drafted with the No.2 pick?

It is honestly very interesting that you decided to compare Zhou Qi's "suckage" to Shawn Bradley (who actually sucked for as a No. 2 pick, but not as a player), and not Hasheem Thabeet (who actually sucked both at No.2 pick, and in the NBA). As far as I am concerned, Zhou Qi is not any better or worse than Hasheem Thabeet right now, at least he is in the Olympics.

Definitely weird that you dislike the 7'3 shotblocking threat Zhou Qi drafted in the 2nd round, but have a weird infatuation with the 7'3 shotblocking threat Hasheem Thabeet drafted with the 2nd overall pick.

15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Woah flame off! I came to my senses a long time ago on Thabeet so you can stop that racket.

For your info, that 5 minutes of video I watched on Qi made him look like a superstar.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shawn Bradley was a damn good player, so I don't see your point at all.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hey, hold on there! Shawn Bradley was no dam good player and you know it! Cut that out!

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

I've been following Zhou Qi since his early days. He is a mix of Kevin Garnett, Chris Webber, and Dirk Nowitzki. Has what it takes to be the GOAT.

19. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Not DAMN good, but Bradley WAS decent and a good ROLE player when he went to Dallas. When they stopped making him an option on offense and just let him focus on defense, despite his all-around flaws he was a VERY good rim protector. It was Nash, Dirk and Michael Finley and arguably help from Bradley that made Dallas good again.

Basically if Zhou is equal to "seriously Shawn Bradley bruh?", good 2ND ROUND pickup

I'll downgrade my assessment of Qi, because sometimes you just cant change softness. And I dont know he'll get that MENTAL conditioning in China. So he'll have to really work his tail off to become NBA useful

#79 Shroopy2, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I think people are getting too literal with this Shawn Bradley comparison. I don't think coach was trying to make a thesis about Bradley sucking and Zhou being just like him. Shawn Bradley is just another term for ineffective stiff commonly used in popular basketball discussions, regardless of whether the actual Shawn Bradley was actually bad or not.

I like coach's takes. Don't agree with any of them, but they are usually entertaining. He definitely has a point of view, and that's a good quality imo.