1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cringe] Teenager gets caught speeding, she and her friend decide to represent themselves in th

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RocketsLegend, Aug 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Being young points to Hillary. Being white and uneducated points to Trump...

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well....at least she didn't get people to burn down their town over this perceived injustice. Perhaps there is hope for the future.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I don't know about the girl, but I'd say there's a 0% chance the guy recording was a Trump or Hillary supporter.

The guy recording is a "free stater" aka libertarians who moved to New Hampshire with the goal of making it more libertarian: freekeene.com/about/

I don't think they've actually accomplished anything but I hear NH is a pretty place so not an entirely silly idea.

4. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Speeding tickets and deaths don't typically conjure up the same emotions.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With crazy kids these days, you never know. Guilt or innocence doesn't matter, they just feel like they are being oppressed when they are forced to follow the rules.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That was poor trolling to which you responded. Historical oppression is the dry tinder upon which contemporary sparks fall. Speeding tickets don't spark.

Today it is African Americans, but every oppressed group of people have rioted in our history. Our country has seen riots by Irish and Italians among others until those people were accepted as Americans. And I am not counting the customary post sports championship rioting.

No color of people own rioting. It is the universal way people who feel they have no voice in government lash out when their treatment reaches a tipping point.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's only a problem when they actually do have a voice in government and they don't have a just cause but they are still lashing out anyway.

I don't think what is happening now can be compared to the past due to that lack of legitimacy. Honestly why not riot over a traffic ticket if you are going to riot over some of the stupid things people riot over today?

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Being both points to Bernie.

1 person likes this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure there is absolutely no way to find out

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Was I the only one on the edge of my seat wishing the judge said "you know what, for wasting all our time here today I'm going to penalise the proper penalty for over 20"

Instead of the lenient option.

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sometimes retribution is not always the answer. Fair and just would do more for this kid than the strong arm of the law. She was executing her right to a trial.

12. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t_e2kmvu0ks" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

So she says she can't do dd because she has a full time job, but tries to get community service instead? :confused::confused: How and why did she approve of putting this up on the Internet?

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I stopped reading at "She can't do DD"

15. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Agree with the second line, disagree with the stereotype on the first.

I've been forever harassed by police driving after hours, pulled over several times and been told to be on my way after they failed to find something to cite me with, once given a bogus "roll through a stop sign"-citation which I couldn't fight in court because stupid Boston/Los Angeles had to take the 2010 series to seven games and I wasn't home in time.

I mind the speed limit, OCD-level signal and stop at everything when nobody is around, not inebriated, I don't smoke pot, on and on. Yet get all manner of cruisers and Caprices and Chargers in the midwest tailing me with lights off (when they could do that, with the older models), following me around, etc just because I'm driving after hours.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This girl was exercising her right to a trial. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Her defense was weak, and not well thought out, but that doesn't mean she should be shown retribution or vengeance from the judge. In fact, it's people like her that justify that judge's employment.

17. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

I liked how she didn't have time to take defensive driving (I have a full-time job!), which would have avoided this whole mess, but tried to negotiate into community service.

18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When she asked who was the victim today, I SO BADLY wanted the cop to say something like "Right now it's me for trying to endure these questions."

I'm with whoever posted earlier about being surprised everyone kept a straight face. I think that cop literally has no sense of humor.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

"I had no idea what I was doing in the first place, so...good enough."

Apparently, getting nothing done while wasting everyone's time is "good enough."

That's how that future adult prepares for important events. Oh boy. :grin:

Honestly, I want to see stats on how many people try to appeal their citation through a full trial, and win their case. I don't think that percentage is very high.