1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

2. Fantasma Negro

Completely agree, Rudy Gay playing to his full potential gives us a team that can beat anybody. But Gay would have to be that pre-draft comparison good

3. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So percentage wise what's the likelihood we land gay?

4. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Yeah, How far are we from Gay?

5. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

the only difference between Rudy Gay and Terrance Jones is that one of them is cooler than the other?

At what point can we call writing bull**** instead of journalism?

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The comparison to Rudy Gay is beyond stupid, but he's 100% correct about the off the court issues. I didn't go into detail then, and still won't, but I said as much during the season and after Jones' car wreck. There was more to that story.

7. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Seems like any player that's on the trade block that's not a SG we will make a run at. Percentages are tricky cause it all depends on what they want. Gay will be a poison now, so the closer to the season the more likely I think we will get him

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Considering some of the answers we've gotten, not far.

9. James Hardashian

James Hardashian Contributing Member

LETS GET GAY BOYSSSSSS

10. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

18 pages. I get it. Dudes last name is gay. That well has run dry people

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't get it. Don't you want to get Gay for the Rockets?

12. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I'd be down I guess. He has been ok past two years. Could be pretty effective under D'Antoni.

I wouldn't give much though. Kings are crazy if they think they are going to get a lot for Rudy Gay, as is being reported.

13. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This is true about Jones 100%

He's had a lot of off court problems at a lot of local bars/clubs in Houtson.

Some of these bars have even called the rockets and let them no that he was doing this. He literally pissed outside on the patio of a bar in town. The rockets even sent one of there marketing ppl over to apologize the next day.

Dude has a drinking problem and will prob be put the league soon if he doesn't get it together.

Those off the court problems are the real reason he didn't play and was inconsistent this season.

14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Yeah I had friends see him at V Live quite a bit. When we played Dallas during the season last year and it was a early game he was at V live that night until 4 AM....

15. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

i had my first basketball related dream trevor ariza got traded for rudy gay and everybody on CF was jumping ship lmao

16. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

Hear me out

I would do this trade:
    - Beverly and Brewer for Rudy Gay + picks/McLemore

We are super thin a the point, but D'Antoni wants the offense to run through Harden anyway. The Kings need a pg just as bad (see the sactown royalty blog posts) and Beverly would provide them stability. I just want to get rid of Brewer.

This would leave us devoid of a startable pg for now, but I'm not convinced that Beverly is our solution at the point guard position anyway. This move would force Harden to be the defecto pg (Which he pretty much already is).

In terms of McLemore, the Kings are not extending him, but I get the feeling that Sacramento did not provide him with the right environment to develop. We could do worse than giving him a shot on our bench.

I have no idea whether the salaries match up, but its a low risk move that I would support.

17. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

It's a big deal! The Rockets are most likely to trade for a Gay. Ground breaking!!

18. danielcp0303

danielcp0303 Member

I would bet that the holdup isn't the value of Gay, it's the Rockets trying to get someone else on their roster as well.

19. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

That's your first bball dream? DaDakota has sex dreams about DMo every night. I guess you ain't no fan

20. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

If you aren't sold on Beverley, why would the Kings be? Classic homerism - we know our players suck, but no one else does