1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Enes Kanter disowned by family, changes last name

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mig0s, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This thread is totally D&D material. Should never have been here.

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Should have went with Enes Pump and then signed with reebok

3. syn

syn Member

He should've changed his name to "Enes World Peace"

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Well, to make it extremely easy to understand for you:

You can freely talk trash and heavily criticize the US government here and in public, nothing will happen. How about trying the same in Turkey and against Erdogan, the "defender of their livelihood and well-being" (LOL, can't believe you really wrote this). I think the results will show you what country treats freedom and basic human rights the correct way.

And hey, anything to say regarding the conflict with the Kurdish minority and their treatment?

Really sickening to see someone defend Erdogan and saying he's doing all of this to defend his people.

5. tksense

tksense Member

Actually, if you are aware of politics in general, there are always the same known do's and don't's. In order to survive in politics, or in order to not challenge the status quo, Everyone will have to not cross the line. This is true for ALL politics. America, being the most powerful of all, is actually the most stifling one.

I'll leave it at that here. You can believe what you believe, which is fine, but no, there are well known topics that you cannot mess with in US of A. Some kinds of criticisms that shan't be named etc.

If you're curious you can open your eyes. But if not, that's fine, politics is harsh, we as common folks don't need that. Just pls be respectful and fair, even to your foreign counterparts. If you trust me, most countries do work under similar principles. Yes, even those that you "hate" (due to propaganda).

6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Do you really try to say that free speech, human rights and persecution are the same in USA and Turkey?

You seem to jump around my points and write about nebulous things that don't have anything to do with actual human rights, freedom and free speech being exercized on citizens and minorities of a country.

7. tksense

tksense Member

I say they work under very similar principles, yes. However, execution is a bit diff, for example, one kind is more soft power, one is more hard power. The soft kind is much more effective and unavoidable.

This is too much into D&D territory, but if you like, I can provide you long lists of info, regarding such general political topics, as well as specific cases like turkey and the Kurds as you asked about them.

I'm just an observer, I don't hate anyone, but to say that US lacks human rights issue is a slap in the face to those, the Americans and the torture victims etc who need more human rights and who need our support.

Persecution against ppl who speak of wrong things in USA is much worse in my opinion, you just either never see the reports or is spun the other way.

I'm being vague cos I don't want this thread moved or locked! If you are curious you can ask me in D&D.

Thanks

8. 92i

92i Member

[​IMG]

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

"Such as the national debt, and other countries' lack of the same freedom in money and power."

Do you mind giving me some further reading? My years of studying in the economic field are pretty much worthless if you can base your entire perspective on this one sentence.

aren't conspiracy nuts supposed to be fighting FOR the freedom of information? Instead of misusing available information to push propaganda? My how
    Things change lol.

10. tksense

tksense Member

Yes, you're right. A lot of information you learn from school are incomplete. It I simply a FACT that the nature of US national debt is an entirely different animal than other countries which will bear real consequences for the same act, or they actually are not able to carry out such actions anyways (debt without consequence).

You can start by:

Super Imperialism
    The Economic Strategy of American Empire
    Michael Hudson
    2nd edition 2003
    (1st edition 1972)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uit8iyuijgmvre2/superimperialism.pdf?dl=0

And please note that, do you notice I am simply questioning my government like any citizen of democracy is encouraged to do? Why do I get multiple labels of "conspiracy nuts" even around here? Don't you support free speech? Did I say any non-sense or facts that you don't already know?

In my opinion, if you have an open mind, you can examine these basic known facts with your own eyes. There is nothing conspiracy about my approach, please respect freedom and democracy, and avoid irrelevant ad hominem. Please stick to discussion of the contents.

I feel like this is too much non basketball talk here so I'll keep my response low, or ask me in D&D if you genuinely want to explore these topics with an open mind, seeking fair truths, not emotions.

Thanks

11. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Interesting discussion, though yes a bit too involved for NBA dish.

For those who want to learn more about Middle East politics (more broadly than Turkey), there is a very current and informative set of articles that just came out here:
    http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-region&region=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well

The dangers in the politics there make our current political debates in the U.S. look very silly.

12. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member