1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video game] No Man's Sky -- Open World Sci-Fi Adventure

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Oct 26, 2014.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Life is a sandbox :(

[​IMG]

2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yeah, this game is sounding really boring.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's weird, because I think that is the best part of games like Skyrim.

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

THIS. Love open world games. It's what brings hours and hours of replay value. One of the more recent games I play a ton of still is GTAV.

Freedom to do what you want.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's actually what makes the game fun for me.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Just played the first 4 hours. Really awesome. Scenery is just insane. Apparently a patch has been confirmed that will allow you to build your own bases and colonize.

7. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

My son and I both pre-paid for the PC version that releases tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

8. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Played a bit more. It gets better when you get more inventory slots. But I keep dying to space pirates. The space battles suck.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Same here. Can't wait to download the thing when I get home. Unfortunately there is no pre-load. :(

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Luckily, the game size is only 2.5GB.

11. SunsRocketsfan

looked at some online videos and read a few reviews.. this game looks pretty boring after the initial awe.

Someone mentioned GTA. That game is awesome and provides countless hours of entertainment because the world is so alive. There are people to interact with and you can do just about anything from beating random people up, stealing cars, jets, breaking into banks, military bases, and just causing pure mayhem. The world was alive!

This game looks like the only thing you can do is mine stuff, name plants, animals and planets and fly around. That seems to be about it.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I think this game will be polarizing for reasons already mentioned. Some will get bored with it quickly while others will play it endlessly and always be entertained.

I think it will attract a lot of non-games such as myself.

13. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Yeah, as mentioned with the Skyrim comparison...

The worst part of Skyrim is the aimlessly wandering around the map for hours.
    The best part of Skyrim is the vast world you can explore thoroughly for hours.

14. marky :)

marky :) Member

The thing with Skyrim was that when you did wonder around aimlessly, the game rewarded you in the sense that you would encounter interesting NPCs and events. Then would lead you to different stories/quests that you may not have come across with normally.

What about No Man's Land? Does the Universe they created actually feel alive?

15. SunsRocketsfan

The Long Journey Home is another massive open world procedural generated game that looks far more interesting than No Mans Sky.

Looks like they combine the massive open universe concept with actual story/character development.

http://tljhgame.com/

16. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

So I know you technically can randomly run into other people, but since the Universe is so vast, its unlikely. But can you like give coordinates to your friends and have them visit you?

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sounds like pee-pee games.

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Two guys tried, they failed. They set coordinates and were on the same planet at the same time but were on different servers so, one was day time and one was night time. LOL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8pDiqXWHFDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Yeah, I think I saw on steam that they have it listed as a single player game. I was hoping their was a chance to meet up with friends.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

One thing to keep in mind is that this game at its core isn't very large. Algorithms are generating the humongous scope. Apparently the guy who created it was stoned on Twitch last night and basically confirmed that base building will be in the next update.

There is a lot of potential as indie developers to listen to the initial criticism and use the enormous amounts of cash they are reaping in to improve the game with updates and add-ons.