1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I think the DA and Box are well aware of certain issues with him as the killer but the circumstantial evidence is strong enough.

There's a lot of talk in the first few episodes about Box taking his time taking it to the DA and Stone calls him out on it too.....

2. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

also, from the first episode. She says "i can't be alone, not to night"

maybe not an exact quote but she obviously implied she was in some sort of pre-existing situation.

3. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

He was not clean as a whistle. When he went back to grab his keys he saw the knife he has accidentally stabbed her with and it was covered in blood. Naz grabbed it and got blood over his hand and even left blood on top of the roof of the taxi when he got pulled over.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The knife wasn't covered in blood, just a very small amount on the blade. The blood on his hand was from the fresh cut he got from the broken glass on the door, when he had to go back for the taxi keys. And the DA actually knows that, from the last episode talking to the coroner scene.

But all that's besides the point, even with that blood on his hand from the glass, it still is not nearly enough blood, and I think that is giving Box trouble ... yet, as rezdawg says, there is no talk of it on the show. A murder scene like that would have blood all over his clothes, and if he was naked, then he'd have to cleanup in the bathroom and there would be some sign of that. You can't hide a cleanup from CSI, you either left tracks/drips or hand prints, or towels or - if nothing else - blood in the drains, which is really hard to get out. Also, hair samples.

And lastly, to rezdawg's point about no talk about lack of blood, we should hear Box say to the CSI that the perp had no blood on him, "find me some blood indicating a cleanup."

5. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Didn't he only swallow 3 bags of cocaine? Why does he say there were 4?

6. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

I think dude arguing with step dad at funeral has something to do with her death.

Also, Tony Sopranos sister has to play some bigger role. She wasn't just a :30 sec cameo

7. The Boz

The Boz Member

I thought the same thing.

8. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I like this episode a lot but there were some issues...

• Why would Stone go after Duane the way that he did? Not only did he just sell out the guy he got the information from, Trevor. Stone went after him as if was going to snitch on himself.

• Nas' behavior after joining Freddy's crew seems really out of character. He goes from being a scared, innocent kid, to a hardened prisoner in a few days. Maybe it makes sense, you have to adjust to prison life immediately but it just seemed odd.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

In regards to your second point, I think his final straw was when the guy through the steaming water/baby oil at him. At that point, it's do or die and he realized if he doesnt get his attitude changed, he would be dead within no time.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Like hp mentioned, the blood on his hand is a different story...and the knife had just a little blood on it. That was from their little game from the previous night and definitely not the murder weapon.

When a murder happens with blood sprayed on the walls, it's impossible to not get blood on your body, face, hair, clothes, etc... Naz just had his hand cut from breaking into the house. Nothing else on him.

You would think that this alone would keep the DA from going after him until they got a better lead. Plus, a test of the knife would reveal that it wasnt the murder weapon. They wouldnt lock this guy up with so much of the puzzle missing. Or maybe they would...just seems odd.

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

notice the crime scene investigator for the defense takes a photo showing a blindspot from the front entrance to where Naz was sitting in the kitchen

indicating the killer may not have known he was there

12. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

I thought the same thing! But when I mentioned it to my buddy he said he saw 4 so I didn't give it another thought. Glad I'm not the only one.

13. GRENDEL

Also, I don't think it's a couple of days. I think it's been a little longer than, few weeks perhaps....

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Not a 100% clear how testing the knife would completely exonerate him... there's a good chance the actual knife was still similar (based on what the CSI was describing in the first episode), there's still her blood on the knife (along with his prints), and as we saw the last episode, the medical examiner is fully prepared to play-ball with the DA in order to ensure a guilty verdict.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Btw: Is anyone else having trouble envisioning Gandolfini playing the role of Stone?

16. GRENDEL

I could see it but it'd a totally different take the character.

I really like Turturro's take because has a great feel for that type of character.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great point! I was wondering what the purpose of that shot was.

I agree with the people who said that the argument with the stepfather at the funeral was important, whoever that guy is.

My biggest problem with this show is I shouldn't be saying "whoever that guy is" by episode four. It feels like the investigation finally started this week after two weeks of Oz-style prison acclamation.

18. jtotheb

jtotheb Contributing Member

Maybe at first, but then I just pictured Gandolfini playing Stone pretty much the same way he played Kevin Finnerty in the Sopranos.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yep... and Finnerty was closer to Gandolfini's true self than Soprano was.

Gandolfini had underrated range. He would have been able to pull it off easily.

20. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

I don't think it matters if the knife had a little blood or a lot on it, it has her DNA and he was in possession of it.

All fingers point at him even if he didn't have blood over himself which would have splattered. I agree with all the blood in the room there should have been a trail of the person through out the house.

At the end of the day it's a fictional show and not 48 Hours or Dateline.