1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best place to get a good deal on Washer/Dryer set?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by NateNate, Aug 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NateNate

NateNate Member

Looking for a washer and dryer set, and with so many places to buy I'm not sure where to start for getting the best deal. I don't need a fancy expensive set and I'm open to an "open box" deal. Thanks for the suggestions!

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You could check Costco. They have some great deals on washers and dryers, which change constantly, depending on what they get in stock.

3. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks. Do I need a membership like SAMs club ?

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Try Sears outlet. They sell open box scratch and dent. That and Costco are the first places I'd look.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

If you can wait, Black Friday will be your best time to get one. If you can't hold out that long then Labor Day weekend should be the next best time. You missed Memorial Day back in May, tax free if in Texas, and big sales.

6. body slam

body slam Member

not to hijack the thread but which washer do you prefer a top load or front load?

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Conns has really low prices compared to other places believe it or not. I spent 3 days trying to find best price and researching washer and dryer set. Just don't finance through them if you can afford it and don't get extended warranty. Don't forget to research and price match any where you go though.

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Top load from now on. Went through two set of front loaders. They both leaked badly, shook like crazy, smelled like mildew even though I cleaned them regularly and still had all kinds of other issues. I went to the Samsung Aqua Jet and love it. Never again will I own any front load washer. Such a pain in the ass.

[​IMG]

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

samsung and beko major appliances haven't had good run in recent years in terms of fires and explosions.

10. LonghornFan

I'll keep the garden hose and marshmellow's ready!

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Samsung is amazing for TVs and phones. LF's positive review for their appliance above is the first I've heard from an actual person* and not a random online review. Otherwise I've only heard and seen bad things about their appliances. My folks have a Samsung fridge and it's had some issues, plus changing the water filter is for some reason really difficult. Maybe Samsung is starting to improve there though.

Personally I'd stick with a traditional appliance brand. Cheaper for sure and generally more reliable.

*I consider LF a real person even if I've never met him and even if he's just another one of DD's aliases.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

There is some appliance warehouse out here in the Katy area that sells cheap W/D and Fridges. I think I got a W/D and a Fridge for like $400 total from them. Been running for 3 years with no issues.

13. LonghornFan

That was one of the meanest things anyone has ever said about me in the history. Stop this nonsense.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm just saying no one can be sure who is a DD alias and who isn't. Perhaps I'm one who's simply become self-aware. Who knows. Frankly I'm scared to know and will just opt for the blue pill.

(Plus, your comment is exactly what a DD alias might say!)

15. LonghornFan

BTW- Sears Outlet online has some good deals. Kenmore is very reliable and highly rated. I'm not very familiar with Maytag though.

16. LonghornFan

I really hope I'm not one. I kinda scolded him hard in the "How much will DMO sign for" thread in the GARM and put myself on ignore if true.

17. Isabel

Isabel Member

Got some great little ones from Best Buy that didn't cost too much and were an off brand (but really made by Whirlpool?). They have been put through a LOT of use over five years - my husband is a massage therapist and brings home a laundry basket of massage table sheets every day, in addition to all the household stuff - and still in good shape.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Bought this exact washer and matching dryer a couple of months ago and could not be more pleased.

19. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Sears Outlet all the way. You just have to be patient for the right item to be available

I've bought a name brand Fridge, oven, and Washer/Dryer set from Sears Outlet and got all of them at less than half the price due to cosmetic damage that was hardly noticeable.

Fridge/Washer/Dryer are going on 9 years without a single issue and the Oven is only 3 years old, but has had no issues.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yes, you need a membership. Check them out online and see if you think it's worth it. We've purchased a lot of things from them.