1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HBO] The Night Of

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheresTheDagger, May 2, 2016.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

K, so wtf was that?

2. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

plot moving forward!! i like the natural build up though.

3. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Nasir done turned into a G! He went agg on the haircut, lol.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It was a dick. And the Jewish DA liked looking at it, so didn't cover it up for us...I guess.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I thought it was a solid episode, really throws the whole idea about Naz being a bigger enigma than first presented. Both Stone and Freddy mention things about him that could lead to some interesting revelations.

6. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

im going to try and rewatch the first episode some time this week, but i remember there being a limo with what i thought was a driver standing next to it staring at Nas after he picked up the chick.

7. GRENDEL

Pretty sure it was a hearse driver, he went to the cab after she flicked out the cig at the gas station.

8. LonghornFan

Still not feeling the Duane Reade did it "vibe".

9. val_modus

val_modus Member

Seems too obvious. I think the show is going to try to start presenting Naz in a light that makes us consider whether or not he was really guilty or not.

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You shouldnt be...that's how it works in prison.

11. rezdawg

He said he took a pill and talked about the white powder.

12. LonghornFan

Didn't he admit he took Molly with the girl in last nights episode, right before he mentioned taking Adderall to Stone?

13. GRENDEL

Also the toxicology showed the white powder was mixed with Ketamine, which has side effects including agitation, confusion, or hallucinations.

14. heypartner

He told Stone everything he took in previous episodes and when on the bench -- but of course didn't know what was in the powder (K). The reason they took the Good Boy notes off the board was he had one substance the girl didn't have -- amphetamine. Stone went to confront that he lied about that. But he didn't lie about what he took that night.

The idea in the DA's mind is he was on Meth the night of the murder looking for a victim.

But he just takes Adderal on occassion -- "Like many students do" as Stone said. It stays in your system long enough to be positive on a test the day he got picked up.

I got the impression Stone is back to believing he didn't lie.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This show is frustrating. I'm interested, but I'm not invested in it. Wastes so much time on meaningless scenes. It's really well made, but the story is continues to lack.

16. Chamillionaire

<IFRAME SRC="http://vodlocker.com/embed-sauwuyepc5d9-640x360.html" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO WIDTH=640 HEIGHT=360 allowfullscreen='true'></IFRAME>

Great episode.

17. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

yes, totally missed the sequence.

18. heypartner

fwiw: the ending scene is the same as the opening scene with flickering of the blue lamps Stone bought on doctor's orders. Not to say ending scene is blue lights, too, but it's the same nonetheless.

19. rezdawg

All caught up...just a couple thoughts:

Pretty clear now, if there was ever any doubt, that Naz was not the killer. I heard people start thinking maybe Naz killed the girl because he stabbed her once during the game they played and then the girl was stabbed 21 more times. In the same way, he kicked that prisoner one time...then went back and hit him 21 more times. However, it was pretty evident that Naz came down to get something to eat or drink, fell asleep in the kitchen...and that's when the murderer came in from the open door in the back and went straight upstairs to kill the girl. Had Naz been upstairs, he would have assuredly been murdered as well.

The most annoying thing is that nothing has been made of the fact that Naz was clean as a whistle while the murder site is a bloody mess. That would be the most obvious thing and not one person has mentioned this...you would think they would do a little bit more investigation on this. I see this as the most glaring weakness of the show because of how it makes the whole thing not believable. Also, you would think they would have done some tests on the knife Naz had on him and realized that wasnt the murder weapon.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Naz has no modus operandi (MO), no motivation to kill this fascinating girl that he was so into, not even knowing her name when they did it.