1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

out of town fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thegary, Oct 7, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Ben Lusky

Ben Lusky Member

I'm from houston. Some of yall know that already. I'm in school in Miami now but i will definatly be heading back to texas when it is over, just 2 1/2 more years. Damn. I get no houston sports down here, or texas sports for that matter, and it sucks ass. I did go watch the texans whip up on the dolphins and loved every minute of it. Can't wait for the rockets to come to town.

2. gear02

gear02 New Member

Lived in Houston for 8 years, went to High school there. Now living in DC and I'm a die hard Rockets, Astros, and Texans fan...the Wiz here just plain sucks :D

3. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i know what you mean about yahoo and spam, i had similar reservations. however, you can just make a yahoo address specific only to this rox site and check it at your leisure. why not?

4. BeatleCop

BeatleCop Member

Born and bred Houstonian, and now stuck in Fort Worth as an Air Force cop. Spent the first twenty years of my life in the Bayou City before being sent to points near and far all over the face of the globe - but I will forever regrad Houston as my hometown.

Kinda tough being up here in Mavs/Cowboys land; especially with these rose colored glasses-wearing (how 'bout them) Cowboys fans being so absolutely giddy over their 3-1 start against pushover talent...sorry, got off on a Football rant there, but I digress.

Love the Rockets, 'stros and Texans (even UH, Rice and San Jac), and most certainly ready for the 03-04 hoops season - go Rocks!

5. Baller5x

Baller5x Member

I am from Berkeley, California, and have liked the Rockets ever since 1985 when they drafted Hakeem.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Beatlecop-
    man I totally understand. I graduated from North Shore in 91, moved to DFW in 98, and it SUCKS being a fan of anything Houston while living here. Moved here from Huntsville for a job. Currently in Hurst, TX-on the edge of Ft. Worth. These Dallasites are killing me with their hatred of all things south of Ennis.

7. anthoang2k2

anthoang2k2 Member

I live in San Jose, California... and i watch or listen to every Rockets game. And whenever the Rockets are in town, the G.S.Warriors sell out!!!

Yao/Rockets site: http://www.Yao-Ming.tv

8. spookyd

spookyd Member

I'm not from out of state, but I feel like I'm on another planet. Grew up in League City and now live in Kerrville, about an hour away from San Antonio.
    I feel for you guys in Dallas, but at least the Mavericks haven't won a title, so I get a lot of garbage from spurs fans up here. . . . that includes my wife who is from this area.:(

9. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I'm from the Bay Area also. I currently reside in San Jose.

10. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

i was born in belgrade, serbia, but now i live in chicago. ive never actually lived in texas, but ive been a rockets fan my entire life.

11. looper

looper Member

Chinese American currently doing my PhD at MIT. so I am in Cambridge, MA.

I started following Rocks after Yao joined, however I am getting very much attached to it besides the reason of Yao.

12. buip

buip Member

maybe this does not belong here but is there anyone who is a Tenessee Titans fan? I can't seem to get used to the Texans, partly because I moved out of Texas long before the Texans ever came around and partly because there are still strong ties there in the Titans to the old Oilers i.e. Steve McNair and Eddie George.
    What about u guys? Do you think it's weird if you are still a Titans fan long after anyone from the old Oilers are still there?

13. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

I haven't posted in quite some time, but I guess now is the time. I just moved to Boston a month ago from Vancouver, Washington..

Can't wait for the season to start! I'll be buying my Rockets/Celtics tickets next week.

I'm also a huge Titans fan, btw.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I live in SLC, Utah and I can't wait to move back to H-town. Just have to finish up school and then it's back to the promised land of flopless basketball and humidity.

If anyone in the SLC area wants to hook up to go to the game on the 26th of nov, I can get 5th row tix for $120 each.

15. Roxnostalgia

And I'm a huge Titans fan, too.

16. SLCRocketfan

SLCRocketfan Member

I dont know about the expensive seats...but I plan to attend both games in SLC this year. Gotta save some money for snowboarding.:)

17. Roxnostalgia

I haven't bought them yet, if you'd like to go together, it would be cool to know somone else there cheering for "America's Team."

18. Houston-in-LA

Houston-in-LA Member

Betcha had fun watching all of our wonderful reserves play!

Looking at my name, die hard Houstonian living in Los Angeles

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im from Mexico City. Mexico!!!!!

Im fan of the rockets since 1992

I have went to 4 of the 5 games that rockets played here.

20. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im from Mexico City. Mexico!!!!!

Im fan of the rockets since 1992

I have went to 4 of the 5 games that rockets played here.

And if someone here is from Mexico contact me please.