1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A basketball "fan" who doesn't get why KD is lame

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, Aug 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

KD

1. professional b**** , regardless of title wins

86.2%
  2. excuses blah blah Sodomy is pleasurable

13.8%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Would you invite him to a dinner party? Give him access to all the beautiful women in your life?

I'm not a petty person. Really. But you gotta draw a line.

It's one thing to not know about sport, or just be stupid and likeable and like cheering , but for someone who follows the game and still doesn't get it .. why it's a slap in the face to competitive civilization for a top 3 talent to do what he did, in the context he did it ... is unexcusable.

If you don't get it, you don't get life.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

we live in america. you are free to choose who you work for.

kevin durant announced his decision on july 4, too.

3. StrawberryJamm

If I had the opportunity to be the best player on the greatest team ever assembled I'd consider it.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Precious coming from a dork that plays an internet message board character.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who is a bigger dork? Honey Bear or bobbythegreat (GSW were a fluke team and will struggle to make the playoffs)?

6. Spooner

Spooner Member

Probably the guy who said he couldn't wait to rub it in everyones faces when Golden State owned Cleveland but what do I know?

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Close, but leaning HB bc I don't think Bobby is playing a character. Bobby may be posting from his mom's basement, but being a pretend character automatically makes you a bigger dork.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

I don't like OP, but agree with what he's saying. People who defend KD just just don't seem to 'get it'. Yes, you are free to do whatever you want, and player's don't need to be incessantly loyal to franchises that are never loyal to players. But it still doesn't make it one of the lamest decisions in NBA history. How do people fail to grasp this?

Imagine if Harden and the Rockets chocked away a 3-1 lead in the WCF to the Warriors, and then Harden left to join them. The friggen Warriors. It's disgraceful and an embarrassment. It's absolutely ridiculous. I can't even call it a dickless move, because it was so terrible and obviously going to be ridiculed it must have taken some balls to do.

1 person likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

KD is a fellow Longhorn.. So I'm biased and obviously still like him, he's also still suiting up for team USA... However I think joining the Warriors sucked and while he's free to do it and was an easy opportunity, it's lame from a competitive stand point. It's one thing to team up like lebron did, but kd basically joined a super team who already has a leader. It's like Jordan joining the Celtics or the pistons.

It's clear competitively Durant isn't MJ, and LeBron somewhat redeemed himself with that finals performance... So maybe Durant could still lead a team later, but he's ring chasing too young I think and for the most part (as long as no injuries) probably broke the season. GSWs did give up some pieces so it might not be a cakewalk, but it sure looks that way. Fortunately Green is doing his best to sabotage it all :)

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I do see and understand the point of people who think it was a weak move from a competitive standpoint, but I think KD just wants to play beautiful basketball, which is exactly what the GSW stars want to do. What if you had a chance to switch jobs and join a company that fit you perfectly, from management style to co-workers, and allowed you to be as successful as possible... plus move from OKC to NorCal?

11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

GSW are not a lock. Who cares what KD did. They lost like 6 or 7 players from their good year. Rebuilding with a 25 million dollar SF may hurt them and their current PF is a head-case.

12. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

So you would go fight for the Brits if they had beaten us on July 4 (actually july 2nd) 1776?

Because thats what KD basically did son. Okay maybe not lol.

13. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

When I used to play in amateur league, I would have left my team for a better one in a second. I perfectly understand KD. Just because OKC drafted you doesn't mean u must end career there. he gave ton of years to that city already. Put em on the map

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like what he did. Playing in the GSW offense = fun. Playing next to Westbrook = frustrating. Living in OKC = sucks. Living in the Bay = Fun.

15. CertifiedTroll

I mean, he was a FA, so he made the choice he wanted for him. Will it make it sweeter if GSW losses in the playoffs this year and Kevin roles on out in FA, certainly.

16. roksoer

roksoer Member

I don't really like that this happened, but if KD's reason for going to GSW is that he wants to play basketball the right way for the first time in his career then I don't mind it at all.

When you play pickup, would you rather play with guys who want to iso all the time and thus your only option is to iso yourself, or would you rather play with guys who want to play off of each other. For me the latter is the most fun I can have with the game of basketball and if that's how KD feels, then I can respect that.

17. MD_in_Training

Obviously we are free to choose who we work for. There's freedom of speech too. Does that mean you can go around throwing racial slurs and expect people to like you?

As far as KD wanting to play "beautiful" basketball, he could have done that on multiple different teams - Boston being one. Except, he didn't. He wanted to jump on arguably the best team in the league and win a ring.

18. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I voted for sodomy being pleasurable - because that includes oral sex and anal sex with a female. I find those things to be very pleasurable.

19. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Ultimately it's his decision and I don't really care.

The only thing that bugs me is that we as fans were robbed of seeing these guys go head to head. If Magic had lost to Bird in the finals and decided to join the Celtics we would've missed out on some great basketball. In essence that's what KD did.

If the Rockets were actually in a position to contend this year I would probably be more upset, but alas we're probably headed for a first round exit no matter who is on top of the West.

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

If he joined Boston, then some people will label as a loser since OKC is better team than Boston. The guy did not ask to a trade to GS, did not say that he will stay in OKC for next year. All other people speculated that he would stay, but OKC is not better than GS for the basketball and living. It was the best decision for him to win a ring, as well as to live in a great city, this chance is not common for a superstar.