1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

After watching this...Okafor/Noel may really be available

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Aug 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

ROY? Not even sure if Embiid will start the season wearing a uniform. Having said that, if healthy, future all star.

2. PooleBoi7

PooleBoi7 Member

*shut up*

3. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lets see him healthy for a single game first.

4. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZihwmQ3PaC8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okafor, please!

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

HUGE Okafor fan, would be ecstatic if Morey landed him. Preferably without giving up Ariza, but if that's what it takes then so be it. Not a huge Ariza fan at all anymore. Mediocre offense and defense has slipped.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

If you think Ariza is basically a pile of trash why wouldn't be that easy for you to trade him for a talent like Okafor? :grin:

7. rullrich

rullrich Member

I'd love one of the 6ers bigs on this team - but I really think they're gonna ride it out until at least the deadline though. Embiid + Simmons is going to be horrifying for small ball teams built like GSW in a couple years. That being said I feel all but certain the team is going to ease both of them into their minutes knowing they can start Okafor/Noel and try and boost their trade value before they move one of them.

Our best chance to get one is for two ore more of Dekker/Harrell/Capela/KJ to break out as a legit 25+ min/game player to try and have . A 31 year old Ariza is more valuable to this team than he would be to the 6ers.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Hmmm, looking good against a basketball goal is one thing. Being good against live NBA players is another situation entirely. For further reference, I direct you to the Dwight Howard Summer Fun Tour now showing on a Youtube channel near you.

9. csc177

csc177 Member

Dwight Howard on his best day never had the footwork Embiid has. Nice try though.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

I second that!

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

DH actually has pretty good footwork for someone his size and in an open gym could look amazing. The problem is the level doesn't translate over into games when it counts and all the other outside elements become a factor. You seem to be really overrating this video for what it's worth tbh

12. csc177

csc177 Member

Huh? Dwight has terrible footwork...in the practice gym AND in games---which explains why his post game consists of one move (a hookshot). Dwight overpowers people...that's it.

TBH you're underrating the fact that Embiid, while he's never played a game, moves better that most big men in the NBA. I don't see how that's so difficult to see.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

disagree. you can go look at all the workout videos including his with hakeem and I'd say that he possesses pretty solid footwork for a guy of his size and stiffness. If you don't think so then I'm not so sure you understand the level of difficulty it is to move your feet in those different ways with a basketball in your hand and still be able to score.

Im not underrating anything. I already acknowledged his ability. hes in the NBA. hes supposed to look like that in an open gym. but as far as that its an open gym nothing more to be really impressed with especially with the level you make it seem

14. csc177

csc177 Member

...we agree to disagree. Is DH coordinated? Very much so. Moves well for a man his size, yes. Does he have the foot work of a skilled forward? (which has been my point all along)...no. Embiid, from that video, merely displayed skilled foot work of a forward. That's all I'm saying.

Looking forward to seeing he kid play and trying that against the NBA's best.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He will. He'll play a good 65+ games which is enough to get ROY.

Minutes restrictions are for the beginning of the season. If he plays well, he will keep getting minutes. It will also help him that he's playing alongside two promising young bigs. Will make him look good.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We do not have the talent to get Okafor here, period. Lock it up.

17. Garner

Garner Member

What a unique random trade idea

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Sign and trade Dmo for this youngster, another player and a draft pick.

Get it done Morey.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Okafor creates his own shot from the elbow, as well as the low block. He finishes strong in traffic.

Philly would be crazy to sell low.