1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Those of you that want Bledsoe, how worried are you about his knee injuries and how that will effect his explosiveness. Seems to me that his athleticism is one of the key traits that sets him apart, but how much explosiveness does he have left?

2. Nemospl

Nemospl Member

Yes it's a concern. But he has more explosiveness at 50% than any PG we currently have on there team.

Also, I think the idea of sending DMO and KJ would be so Phoenix can get younger players for the vets since they aren't winning in the next year or two.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rubio, Dmo to Kings
    Collison, Koufus and Gay to Houston
    Ariza, Brewer, Two Kings 2nds, Hou protected 1st to Twolves

Beverley / Collison / Prigs
    Harden / Gordon / KJ
    Gay / Beasley / Dekker
    Anderson / Nene / Harrell
    Capela / Koufus / Onuaku

4. finsraider

finsraider Member

Best to look for either teams' weaknesses than to try to fix the rockets problems. You'll come up with more realistic trades.

Brooklyn needs everything, and is a realistic dumping ground for Brewer if we throw in a 2nd rounder and/or Harrell.

Charlotte needs a rim protector, but we don't have an extra one to sell.

Chicago desperately needs shooting in their backcourt. I'm convinced Rondo will be a disaster there. They'd probably love to have Beverley, but our price would be very high. Jerian Grant, Bobby Portis and Snell for Beverley.

Cleveland needs defense at all levels, especially guys that can guard out on the perimeter. Ariza, Beverley and Capela make a ton of sense on that team. The question is would they be willing to give up Love for that package (to go to a 3rd team)?

Detroit: They'd like a SF, but the only thing I see that we could want is Reggie Jackson. Brewer? They need some athleticism, so maybe.

Indiana: Beverley, but they don't have anything we would want.

LAC: Ariza of course, but we would want Griffin, which they wouldn't do.

LAL: Kind of interesting actually. Based on their signings, they seem to think they are better than they really are. Would a Bev + DMo SnT (i.e. Win now players) for DeAngelo be enticing to them?

Memphis needs a 4 that can shoot, but they don't have anything we would want.

Miami: it all hangs on Bosh. If he retires, I'm sure they'd love to have DMo. Could we get Dragic if we included other pieces?

I'm too confused with Milwaukee to know what they are doing. They need shooting in the worst way, but I don't they they are willing to give up on their young talent.

Minnesota needs another skilled big (DMo), but wouldn't trade us anything we would want.

OKC: they need wings? Could we get Payne for Bev and KJ? Not sure we would do that.

Orlando is another team that I don't know what they are doing. They'd like Ariza, but they just signed Green. I'd love to get Hezonja.

Philly needs a competent PF, but would want too much for any of their centers.

Phoenix seems poised for some kind of trade. Need a big that can shoot. I don't think we are interested in Bledsoe or Knight. Tucker? Absolutely.

Portland: I'll list them not because they have any obvious weaknesses, but because I'd love to get Aminu. I'm sure he's not for sale. I didn't like their free agency decisions.

The only thing that matters with Sacramento is Cousins. I'm pretty sure they are going to trade him, just don't know when and I don't think we have enough unless we can get Love.

So I guess my most interesting idea is to trade for Deangelo. Are the Lakers ready to move on from him, and do they think trading for Bev and DMo gets them in the playoffs?

2 people like this.
  5. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Ariza, Bev and Capela to CLE for Love
    Love to SAC for Cousins
    Cousins to HOU.

Cleveland get better,
    Rockets get an allstar
    Sac get something for Cousins....

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Nah, lets just put our money on Capela to have a break out year. Amd keep Ariza and and Bev. We will be fine.

7. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

So ur saying you wouldn't do that deal? Lol

8. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Maybe next year. But this year id Keep Capela, see how far he can go. Meanwhile getting to keep arguably our two best perimeter defenders. So no i would not make that deal this year.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I whittled down your post to two of the teams I concentrate on as far as potential trades.

Charlotte? Capela, sure, but only to obtain a player we could flip elsewhere, and I don't know who that is.

Cleveland (Capela, Ariza, maybe sign and trade DMo [is that possible]?) for Love in order to get us Boogie. Granted, Cleveland might just want Boogie for themselves, but why mess with chemistry (Love isn't useless there but he's relegated to a $20,000,000 4th-Most Valuable on His Team).

Plus, other spare parts would need to be included and such.

Ah, the doldrums of summer.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Oh ok so the Sacramento Kings can wait while we see how our unproven center developes. Thank god ur not the GM

11. Rokman

Rokman Member

Looks to me like CLE could just get Cousins for Love and cut us out and have an even Superer Team.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Lebron calls the shots, and Cousins is not a role player, heck he's not even a team player. Only one ball, not enough touches to go around on offense for Lebron, Kyrie AND Love as it is.

Lebron, Kyrie and Boogie on one team is one too many alphas.

13. alethios

alethios Member

All the more reason why I don't think Cousins is a good fit here and may turn out to be a Dwight-redux. He's going to demand the ball more, and when he doesn't get it, he will pout.

I like his game - he's a great scorer and rebounder but he's the primary scorer on the Kings and would have to take a back seat to Harden here.

14. alethios

alethios Member

Portis - I'm pretty sure Chicago is high on Portis and would not want to part with him and other parts just for Bev.

LOL on Minnesota not having anything we would want :grin:
    Sounds like you're calling out bballholic

15. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Rockets in: Dieng
    Rockets out: DMo

Wolves in: DMo
    Wolves out: Dieng

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i kinda agree about Boogie not being a perfect fit here, on paper...but...Boogie can score in the post, and he can make free throws so, you can actualy pass him the ball looking for something good to happen, and obviously, if you can trade for him you just pull the trigger, especially in our situation.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Don't believe Harden is as assertive as LeBron and Harden's not fool enough to believe he can win anything with role players. Before you can assemble a big 3, need a big 2 first. Boogie is a legit superstar on the rise, not like Dwight who had already peaked. And Boogie will definitely convert on his post touches giving harden more room to dominate on perimeter and attacking opposite block.

18. jch1911

jch1911 Member

I would do that yesterday... Dieng could be a monster for us

Dieng & Capela + Nene? Awesome post trio

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Houston out: ariza/bev/dmo(SnT)/future 1st
    Houston in: Russell/randle/Lou

Cleveland out: love/mo
    Cleveland in: ariza/bev/dmo

Lakers out: randle/Russell/Lou
    Lakers in: love/mo/1st

Or something similar. Thoughts?

20. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

I mean I would absolutely love it. Team gets soo much younger, but as much as I love it, that's why LA wouldn't do it IMO.

Russell and Randle have really good value and if DMorey could pull this off man I'd extend him 6 years+ lol Young talented players. Cleveland gets some decent value, I could see Bev working well with Lebron when Kyrie sits. Ariza is just a well liked player everywhere. Dmo is questionable but would help fill the void left by Love.

I think that part is fair, Cleveland gets a decent haul for Love. They don't screw anyone and they don't get screwed.

LA gets a guy thats good but I dont think they should build their franchise around him yet they're kinda giving up their franchise for him. It wouldn't be smart for the Lakers to do that. However the Lakers management has been questionable for quite awhile now. I think the last good thing they did was sign Pau Gasol and that was how long ago? lol