1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets likeliest team to trade for Rudy Gay?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thevirus, Jul 28, 2016.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Codman, Atl teague???

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

If he's Terry Teague...than I know Codman very well.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

ATL dumps players left and right. Teague was a great PG...should not have let him go.

If it were up to me, Arron Affalo would be here (like we almost had him), especially with his MDA ties. He runs the PnR well, but it looks like we lost him.

Anyway, watch ATL implode soon. The D12 signing wasn't popular by any means. I didn't believe in Dwightmare, but now I do. Speaking with Ne, Dwight is only concerned with his pre-allstar era brand.

He's lost his competitive edge and the ego won't work well with Sap/Korver etc...

1 person likes this.
  4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Brewers and Beverley for Gay, great deal for both team.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

So Gay + one bird other than Millsap so Korver? Really hope we indeed don't lose Ariza in this deal..

6. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Wow. This has been the summer of Cod. Thank you for sharing sir.

It should be interesting to see what our opening day lineup is....

Collison
    Harden
    Gay
    Anderson
    Capela

My uneducated guess... The other bird is what gets me tho. Bledsoe?

7. rocketseagles07

Not that I'm three biggest beg fan.. But we already lack depth at pg. What happens if we move him for gay?

8. Fantasma Negro

So the front court is complete?

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Any indication that Collison will be involved in the trade? I would feel more comfortable about sending them Ariza. Although, I'd still feel uncomfortable overall

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Thanks once again Cod! But I'm slightly confused... are you saying we are a lock to get Gay plus another bird?

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

that's how i read it too. sounds too good to be true, but i never doubt the Cod!

I'm not excited by Rudy Gay. I agree he can create and score, but he's not a good shooter and he's average defender at best. I don't see how he's a better fit for the system than Ariza unless he can also slide over and play some 4.

I would be excited if the "bird" Cod is referring to is Jru Holiday, who i think is a top 10 PG and would fit in very nicely with MDA's system and the rest of our roster.

#211 Aruba77, Aug 1, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Interesting.. good to see im not alone in that interpretation..

I don't see Millsap nor Korver. Maybe a Hardaway Jr. type player? By the time we trade for Gay we won't have many assets left (unless we can get Gay for absolute dirt cheap and still have Ariza + assets to move for Millsap?)

13. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Maybe bird refers to Phoenix? Bledsoe or Knight? :confused:

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I neither doubt nor argue about Ariza being traded for an upgrade; and Patrick Beverly is another contract that probably looks delicious to a lot of teams right about now.

I guess I'm wondering who we'll get at point guard if Beverly should be shipped out. Even if James Harden is our de facto point, someone will need to fill the "1"-spot....and not suck. Part of our problem is that we asked James to do too much. Good teams have facilitators.

Among these "birds" I don't read any mention of point guards, just Cod's hopes we fill the spot. I know we'd take a chance on Eric Bledsoe's health, and he's on a team that Cod brought up (and obviously knows well).

Unless we think Kirk Hinrich will hold down the fort.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Giving up anything of value ( Bev or Ariza ) for Gay would be an absolute mistake. I really hope Morey, Les and MDA don't completely **** up this team. Unless you're getting a legitimate upgrade at PG sending Bev would be ridiculous. And Ariza is our only legitimate defender. Not excited.

16. craguin

craguin Member

Brewer+Beasley is enough outgoing salary for Rudy.

17. King901

King901 Member

I think it's Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon. If you look at it how you're seeing it, it would mean a new coach as well right?

18. mockster

mockster Member

To me Rudy gay is a really versitile scorer. Despite some of his bad numbers. To me upgrade over Ariza offensivley but down grace defensively. But gay is no slouch he can still play D

19. jogo

jogo Member

Thanks Cod for your info! Hope you are well.

I think Gay is a good get but I don't want him starting and I don't want to trade Ariza. So maybe he's not so good? I'm not sure it takes Ariza to get Gay but I also think Gay starts if he comes here (he wouldn't accept the bench and you don't have a 21ppg player on the bench). I do think we could trade Bev+? for Gay and then get a different PG elsewhere. We can't be thinking of a starting lineup of this can we?:

Capela
    Anderson
    Gay
    Ariza
    Harden

Like I said, neither Gay nor Ariza want to be on the bench (and I doubt Bev will either) so I don't see what we're thinking.

Capela
    Anderson
    Gay
    Harden
    ?

This lineup doesn't have enough D in it.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I don't see how JBB would ever end up a great coach given how horribly incompetent he was while here. Him just being terrible at being a coach accounted for numerous losses last season. He might be a good assistant, maybe, but I think anyone who gave him another shot at being a head coach would end up disappointed.