1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Statue of Hakeem

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SupermanSK, Oct 1, 2003.

1. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

ha i know i was about to say.... :D

2. PhiSlammaJamma

How about a boardwalk with some "live" entertainment

Les Alexander in one of those air-money boxes jumping around for floating money.

Scottie Pippen in a cage getting pelted by peanuts

Matt Bullard trying to shoot a two pointer.

A Nick Anderson re-enactment of the exact momment he stole the ball from Jordan in the 95 playoffs that Jordan supposedly never played in.

3. scioffcooper

scioffcooper Member

Uprising,

Oh please continue to tell us what we can post on. I would sure hate to post something you did not approve of. Are you on the committee that is deciding on the statue ? what pant leg should I put on first? Do I whipe frontwards or backwards??

Once again thanks for stopping us:rolleyes:

Statue thought:
    How about a statue of Louis Loyd and John Lucas not doing drugs??

Kidding all aside, Maybe a statue of Rudy T, arms raised coming off the bench?

#23 scioffcooper, Oct 9, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  4. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

THe thing with Islam and statues is that it frowns upon humans trying to make a mirror image of one of gods creations for example a statue.thats why islam does not believe in worshiping statues of animals, and whatever. . a picture is a little more leniant because it is not human made, and because it is a snapshot not a person trying to do what god has already perfected... Ofcourse there are technicalities and what not, but if the man dont want a statue, then dont make a statue, u always have Rudy T, or Calv Murph or some of the other greats... but im sure if requested maybe he would allow it. but thats my opinion after meeting him quite a few times and actually talking to him at the mosque 2-3 times. he is a great friendly man, who is the nicest most humble celebrity ive ever met...

5. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

best to go backwards to avoid...cross-contamination--thank you to my 8th grade health teacher (who was also the basketball coach)

6. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Far out dude!

7. mebjasont

mebjasont Member

Haven't seen it but heard lots about it. That thing will probably be there for years to come.