1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I remember buying into the Boki hype, but damn, we could have had Jiri Welsch or Kareem Rush. Hell, we could have had TayShaun Prince who came out pretty big during the playoffs.

2. cujo

cujo Member

Excellent point! But the experts here have determined Boki is a bust so he's a bust. :rolleyes:

3. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Lots of overall perspective in this thread. The above quote cracked me up. We're shooting for the playoffs this year? Damn, we need to be at least the 8th best team in our conference, don't we?

We don't have time to develop players? Like Yao or Griffin? Both of whom got serious minutes last year that didn't help our record. Cato played so well last year that we arguably could have had a better record without Yao period.

But literally "giving" Yao and Griffin those minutes were important to us getting closer to the time we can compete for it all, not just 7th 8th place in the WC.

And all this "Boki" gets practice and doesn't need PT is BS. Do you think Cato was jabbing his elbow into Yao's kidney during practice?

I still say unless Yao becomes completely dominant by next season we're going to need Griffin playing at a high level - or Les is going to have to go way over the cap for us to really compete.

Boki, well no, we don't have the same investment in a 15th overall pick - but we're at least over a year away from seriously contending for the championship.

You might not want to "develop" players, but if Yao and E.G. don't develop we're no better than a 7th or 8th seed. Big deal.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Boki played horrible in every summer game except for one. He was given major opportunity in the summer league and couldn't deliver there.

It is true that boki didn't play that much last year and doesn't really have too much exp. I now believe that he didn't play much because he didn't earn any minutes, not because he was a rookie, or was being saved or brought along slowly as I once felt. After watching him in summer league and last night, I feel the guy just doesn't have it. I would love to be proven wrong.

5. Kayman

Kayman Contributing Member

Tell you what, If Nachbar were black:

1. He would never had been drafted in the first place.
    2. If somehow he got drafted, he would be out of the league by now.
    3. This bbs would not have spent 1/100 of the time discussing him, as it is now.

Enough is enough! How many incompetent white boys do we have to babysit in this team to tickle the ego of the white asses that actually have the money to buy tickets to watch NBA basketball in this sorry state (TX)? I've had it up to here with the Petruskas, Chilcutts, Tabaks, Maloneys, B.Prices, B. Drews, Langhis, Colliers and Nachbars, while guys like J-Hawk do everything they are supposed to do only to get the boot out of town!!!

Just pay this sorry scrub out and sent him back to Slovakia with a one-way, no-return ticket, to get it over with!!!

6. Raven

Raven Member

Maybe you should apply for the ESPN job that Rush had.

Raven

7. paxil

paxil Contributing Member

I thought Nachbar is a black. :(

8. sweetie

sweetie Member

I was thinking the same thing but too scared to say it. I cant believe some people here are saying Boki "needs more time" even wanting to give him "a few more years" . Do you guys honestly think if Wilks or Scales played bad,that we should "keep them,and give them a few years to see if they develop"?

The ONLY arguement blind Bokites can come up with is that he has a guaranteed contract so we have to keep him playing. WRONG. We can have 15 players total,and 3 on IR. If a scrub comes along who is better than Boki (Gabe,Cornell,Wilks,Scales) then Boki should sit his lanky butt on the pine or go back to Slovenia to "develop".

Thats another thing. EVERYONE here wanted Badianes a$$ sent back to Germany to "develop" .Yet,they say Eddie is "bigger". The weight scales say Badiane is as big if not bigger than Eddie. I saw Badman play and he has definately more potential than "fast eddie".

Yet,its okay to send Badman to europe,but not Boki? Are people here scared to hurt Bokis feelings by sending him to Europe? I will judeg JVG in all,by how he handles this preseason. I hope he puts the best players on the court come regular season. If I see Gabe,Scales,Cornell,Wilks all cut,and Boki playing more than garbage minutes,then I will know that Rudy/Cd are still calling the shots and thats unfortunate for JVG because I like JVG alot and dont want him to have a heart attack.

And on camparing Eddie to Boki. I dont know what game you guys saw last night,but I saw Eddie get destroyed by Wallace and Zach religiously. Portland fans seem to know the truth.

9. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#69 sonique15, Oct 8, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2003
  10. rocketinmypants

Good job Sherlock. :rolleyes:

Funny how you brought up Yao and Eddie when my statement was about Boki. I think it's understood that Yao and even Griffin are better basketball players at this moment then Boki. THat's why THEY are getting playing time. Yao and Griffin may still be developing also, but they are going to be in the playing time rotation barring injury or if Eddie totally sucks to the level of Boki.

Yao is in the rotation because he is simply the focus of where the offense will go (if you need that explained to you). Eddie is in the rotation because of his shotblocking and flashes of good play at times. Yao and Eddie WILL get playing time, that wasn't a doubt, playoff in question or not (ok maybe Eddie is on the bubble). That wasn't where the argument was.

My stance was on Boki, who at this time is a lost cause. If Eddie looks bad at times then Boki looks totally lost. Unless Boki starts hitting the open J on a more consistent level or brings something to the table that benefits the Rockets, then he aint getting PT.

Ask yourself the question of why Yao and Eddie are getting playing time and why Boki isn't. Here is a thought, maybe Boki just isn't good enough (that is saying alot when Eddie is getting more PT).

And yeah, we ARE shooting for the playoffs THIS year.

11. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I've had it up to here with the Petruskas, Chilcutts, Tabaks, Maloneys, B.Prices, B. Drews, Langhis, Colliers and Nachbars, while guys like J-Hawk do everything they are supposed to do only to get the boot out of town!!!

I hate to see this put so explicitly racially, but it does make you wonder. I also have wondered about the Badiane vs. Boki thing. Given the game he is attempting to play, it looks like Boki needs more seasoning than Badiane, who might have immediate value as an energy guy, as opposed to Boki a shooter who for whatever reason can't shoot.

It is certainly true that the 12th man type (which is what Boki seems at best this season) normally doesn't get the interest that Boki and in the past Langhi have generated.

To be fair I think what is intriguing about these guys, aside from being white, is that their jumpers look so pretty. However, they just don't go in. You keep thinking they will start falling. It is analagous to guys who are athletic as hell, but can' deliver. You just keep hoping that they will come around and play the game.

BTW I do think Boki has much more of a head for the game than the hapless Langhi, but he hasn't produced better yet.

As an aside Price was a decent player before injury and Maloney actually did a decent job when surrounded by Clyde, Hakeem and Barkley.

BTW I am for affirmative action for white guys in the NBA, but let's don't get too carried away about them being more than end of the bench guys if they really don't deserve serious playing time.

12. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

I would like to see you guys run 2-a-day practices and then come out to play back-to-back preseason games. It's still too early to judge. He hasn't played a full game with our real line-up. His legs are gone tonight. The majority of his shots have been short.

13. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade
    Exactly how many summer league games did you see with you 2 eyes? Be candid please.

Oski2005
    Isn't it premature to jump into such conclussions or assumptions? Lets wait for at least 1 or 2 more seasons before then we can revisit this potentially warped opinion of your. Deal?

14. laughdog

laughdog Member

Can somebody tell me how fans reacted after Yao's first NBA game last season (I mean the scoreless one). Thanks!!!

15. sweetie

sweetie Member

OMG. Worst performance I have ever witnessed and yet theres still atleast one fan that wants to give this guy 1-2 more years to show something? He gives up 35 points to Shard,while missing nearly every shot he took(and all wide open no less since the other team knows how bad he is) and still people like Bill Worrell are still comparing him to Ginobilli. Pete CHilcutt was better. Kenny Thomas at the sf was better. Bullard was waaaaay better. Its not even close. Some pessimistic people "hope" he can be a Bullard. Thats total disrespect to Bullard to compare him with Boki.

16. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

I know that Boki has looked pretty bad thus far, but I'm not ready to give up on him. In the NBA, Boki is nothing more than a complimentary player. That's why I hate that the only time that he's been able to get PT, he's been in the situation playing as the number 1 along with four street free agents. I'd like to see Boki instead getting some serious playing time during the preseason running with the first team, and being the fifth guy on the floor, don't make him be the man. I'm still believeing that his shot is going to start to fall, we've all seen the tapes from practice, the guy can shoot the rock.

17. Life2Def

Life2Def Member

Well, Nachbar needs to soak up all this playing time in the preseason because he's not going to get any playing time in the regular season.

18. dischead

dischead Member

Why does Boki have to be compared to white guys?

19. rocketinmypants

We can't think of any bad playing bruthas with no game at the moment...

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Pete Chillcutt was good.

Chilly Pete!