1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchCity.net Game Thread: Rockets @ Sonics 10/8/2003 (PRESEASON)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 8, 2003.

1. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Rashard = Roasted Boki :D

2. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I don't know, this is the first game where he is doing something decent. The only problem is, his shot is not falling, but at least he still has his confidence to jack his open shots. I'm sure he is at least a decent shooter in practice, or else JVG wouldn't be letting him jack up all of those shots in the game.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

PSSST...these games don't count,

:)

DD

4. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

mooch= 0 turnovers. wow, its a miracle

5. acrophobia98

acrophobia98 Member

Something decent? I guess 2 for 13 FG and 3 for 6 FT are decent for Boki. Haha.

Mind you. He did pretty well in rebounding tonight.

:D

6. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Still, I think it says something that JVG is willing to run plays to get Boki open outside shots.

I dunno, I liked his rebounding tonight, and I liked how he was a little bit more aggressive in attacking the basket. I really think that he is not that huge of a liability if he does those things consistently, and I am confident that shot of his will come eventually.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Regarding Boki...

I did not see the game, but the Sonics radio announcers were being very complimentary of him.

Saying his shot wasn't falling, but that he was very active and getting to the rim.

One of them kept saying he reminded him of Bobby Jones.

Maybe there is hope.

DD

8. Ben Lusky

Ben Lusky Member

any munoeke info for us out of towners

9. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Who's Bobby Jones? The only 2 Bobby Jones' I've heard of in sports are both baseball pitchers.

10. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

He had a fantastic start, but got into foul trouble. He was very active early on in getting offensive rebounds and put backs. He scored 7 of the Rockets' first 14 points.

11. keep_rudy

keep_rudy Member

We had 8 assists, while Sonics had 22.

12. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

didnt watch, but im concerned about the 35 pts shard dropped on boki. he got lit up so bad, eddie was trying to huff on him. at least he got boards, im looking forward to see som yao on friday.

13. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

Don't forget about one of the greatest golfers in history, Bobby Jones. When I first read the post I thought he was refering to Bobby Jackson, but I didn't see how they could compare Boki to Jackson. I know Boki has looked pretty bad thus far, but I'd like to see what he could do playing with our starters as opposed to our free agent scrubs. I think that Boki could be a solid 4th or 5th guy on the floor, but he doesn't have the game to be the best player in the game. I'm still believeing that his shot is going to start falling, we've all seen the tapes from practice, the guy can shoot the ball.

14. F.D. Khan

F.D. Khan Contributing Member

Van Gundy, Les and Rudy are just hyping Boki. We have these expectations and maybe he's just overated.

I think they just want a white guy to do well in the NBA at the Small Forward Position.

j/j .....Rush Limbaugh Reference...

15. rocketinmypants

The radio announcers were probably using a baseball analogy that Boki keeps striking out. :D

16. spaceboy

spaceboy Member

Atleast Boki had 9 rebounds. Scales played great again, Cornell had a few good moves, but got too fancy with a pass and turned it over. Amaechi had a few good shots, but was only 1-4 from the ft line.

wow, moochie had no to's. :eek:

17. sweetie

sweetie Member

Your beloved Boki guarded him. The whole game I kept thinking,Why on earth did CD not trade Rice/Griffin for Shard???? Your answer,Because we drafted Boki before the trade proposel and annointed Boki the starter for the next 12 years based on 1 lucky ,unguarded workout out at westside thanks to Rudy.

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Bobby Jones was a key role player on the 76'ers teams of the 70's hard worker and hustled. If Boki can contribute in any way like him I would be pleased.

19. danielk

danielk Member

Bostjan NachBUST 3-15 shots..i bet i can make more than 5 shots with 1 eye closed and about 3 shots with no eyes. What about Smoochie? I bet that scrub was guarding Lewis! Omg manboobs played better than him in 13 minutes of play!..scales is a keeper!

20. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Really? so he was there during the Dr. J and Maurice Cheeks era?