1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant to Warriors (Two years, $54.3M)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by batkins, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Awesome

Awesome Member

You know why I smell doo doo on this story?

Al Horford said he talked to both, and neither of them could tell him if they'd return.

It's the same old smear campaign that goes on when teams try to save face when a player leaves.

...and yet this is the same team that traded Harden over 4 million without even letting him finish getting a word out about negotiating

Nobody cares about the team that was stolen from another city.

2. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Durant is such a wannabe.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

man, this is exactly what I was thinking!

Everyone on Clutchfans is happy Harden gave the heads up to the Organization that Durant wasn't coming to Houston. the Idea is: Rockets didn't waste their time securing a meeting so that freed up time to go after other targets. Durant was more than willing to give Rockets that meeting. Who is saying if Rockets were the last meeting he couldn't have been swayed with Harden in the room?

I think Rockets should have just taken a meeting just to see.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

There's no more respect to lose for this guy. I loss respect for him when he quit on the USA team after Paul George's injury, it was a b**** move. I didn't mention when he had a 3-2 lead vs the warriors with a double digit lead in the 4th. He decides to go in "Hero mode" and it appears he intentionally loss the series. It was mind boggling watching Durant throw that series live and in person. I had no idea he would choose to go to the Warriors at the time but now i understand how he thinks. He's very weak minded. We have to accept that fact. He's soft on and off the court. I fear he may destroy the warriors chemistry. He will score points but I don't know what else he's good at. Why did they break up a 73 win team for this p***y?

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lmao remember when he called Dwight a p***y

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

I hate Westbrook but I would love for him and his team to knock out the Warriors in a playoff series.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Royce Young is full of crap. He had to walk back his entire BS 'story'.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/po...-clarifies-podcast-remark-on-durant-westbrook

LOL, dafuq?

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ So it's not what Kevin Durant said, but rather what Royce Young imagined how Russell Westbrook interpreted those imaginary words. Lololololololol Royce Young take that L.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

b**** of a man for a multitude of reasons.

We don't know if he changed his mind. What we can clearly tell is he joined the Golden State Warriors. We're soon going to find out Westbrook had no idea IMO. That's his friend as well as teammate, and this decision was REALLY going to affect his future.

Which is fine for Durant. He doesn't owe anyone anything. He can privately and within his rights be a b****. But still a b**** as far as I'm concerned. And it's not because he left his team.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's probably the first real negative news I heard from Durant's camp.

All this years the only "bad" news we got is when he backed out of a wedding with a WBA player.

Never think of anyone as a model citizen but Durant is far from being a b****

or a "bad boy".

He just aint no saint.

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What about Westbrook not letting Durant know what his intentions were for free agency next summer? Or maybe he told him he was out?

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say he plays like a wuss, or a girl.

But you do not know him off the court.

His decisionmaking is suspect but it was his first time being a FA.

Nobody knew how susceptible he was to temptations of all kind.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was pretty much known that WB and KD would be gone in 2 years.

KD just decided GSW had a better chance at contending. He took a step ahead of WB.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah, exactly. I was responding to the other guy saying KD led on Westbrook and sold him out, when in fact it's doubtful that was that was the case. What is more likely is that they aren't very close off the court, and neither one gave the other a definitive answer.

17. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

I was laughing when people praised KD in 2010 for saying the equivalent of "Let's be competitive and try to beat these guys (Miami Heat)". He was three years into his career so it was easy for him to try and play the humble character (The Servant) opposite to the evil LBJ. Fast forward 6 years and he's managed to do worse than LBJ's 2010 decision

-Left another top-5 player on his team
    -Choked a 3-1 lead
    -Joins a historic 73-win team that won a title last year and was 1 minute from winning another (the team that choked him)

"We ain't ducking nobody", right? Imagine if LBJ joined the 2010 Lakers. They would have won everything from 2010 - 2014, easily.

Would love to see WB beat the GSW to deny KD but, unfortunately, short of joining the Spurs or CLE, it does not seem possible. Maybe he can join the Timberwolves and plan for the future (2 years down the road)

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think anyone knows one year in advance that they're leaving a succesful team. I'm sure there have been moments where friends tell each other they're fed up, and moments where they tell each other they got it good. They've been through ups and downs. Maybe Wes just wants to live in LA, but if we're being honest with one another, there's no way I believe that 1 year ago a guy as competitive as Westbrook is sure he's leaving a winner for a loser, even if it's in his hometown. Durant could have signed a 1+1 in that case, they were close enough to a title for that 1 season to be as legit a chance as any to win it all.

If Westbrook was leaving anyway, he'd demand a trade right now to any team of his choosing and Presti will have to trade him. Let's see if that happens. Maybe he has already, despite Presti's protestations.

I also want to make clear, Durant is no b**** on the court. I actually think he's the best scorer on the planet. And I don't think he did something no one else would do, plenty of people would do what I'm guessing he did. He's within his right to keep this decision private. I see him as a b**** because this is how I think he acted a a friend. We have a term for it here, it's: exercising your right to be a b****.

Also Nike must be ecstatic that he's moving to Cali and jumping in Steph's market. Under Armour is growing faster than Nike would like and Nike is facing some $$$ decline right now.

Finally, I have zero qualms about OKC's ownership getting screwed this badly. I didn't like what happened with Seattle.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

20. OTMax

OTMax Member

According to Durant, at the time of his signing, they didn't have a SF...Iggy would've been the starter had Barnes left and he had re-signed with OKC.