1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Smack down is kinda whack tbh but they got the phenomenal one and that's all that matters... Also excited to see if the real BC get back together on Raw now that balor, Anderson and Gallows are all together.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Saw a hilarious Snapchat of heath Slater looking for Shane and Staph cause they didn't draft him... Man he's great.

3. VanityHalfBlack

I'm glad the draft went the way it did. I still get to see the major players at nxt in Houston July 30th. SD still sucks. Instead of doing another cruserweight for raw. Why not be fresh and do a G1 FOR heavyweight?

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Raw commentary is now Cole, Graves, Saxton. SD thank goodness still is Mauro, but now paired with JBL and Otunga. BALL GAME :mad:

5. VanityHalfBlack

KO should have been a top 5 pick. Cesaro top 10. One of the worst draft in WWE for sure. Tonight should redeemed itself. NXT and CWC.

6. Amir's Johnson

That was a terrible draft by Smackdown, I also can't believe Mojo got called up. I can't stand him.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So in a post-show interview that aired on the network, Cesaro expressed dissatisfaction with being drafted by Raw and said he wanted to go to Smackdown.

I think WWE should use that as an angle to their storyline where Cesaro demands/forces a "trade" to Smackdown. This can be used to fix the draft.

I propose:

- Trade Cesaro and Zayn for Randy Orton.

This tiny little move really fixes everything. Zayn can also express his desire to leave Raw (and his inevitable never-ending Owens feud).

8. So Good

So Good Member

I haven't followed WWE for a few years because it was frustrating to watch but I just discovered Up, Up, Down, Down. Xavier Woods is the man.

9. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

That's not at all what he said

10. buffalobills!!!

Ces-ar-o! Ces-ar-o!

11. buffalobills!!!

Upupdwndwn without the o's

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was pretty tired and brushing my teeth so might have missed something, but I thought I was something to that effect. Do you have a link to it?

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ok I found it:

I think WWE should take this line (even if out of context) and run with it like I proposed.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Cesaro said that he thought he'd be a better fit for Smackdown; alluded to his drafting to Raw a "stumble block" in his career.

Scolalist is right and wrong; Cesaro didn't outright say he wanted to go to Smackdown, but Cesaro basically hints that he would have rather gone to SD because of Foley/Steph drama.

If the WWE uses this Cesaro interview properly, SD should trade Miz and Orton for Cesaro and Rusev. Both brands retain a champion, SD gets an infusion of talent and Raw gets an excellent talker and a proven veteran who can work with anyone in the ring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3dV_z4Vy0xQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

If trades were possible, I would rather give up Cena instead of Orton (as weird as that sounds). That is because you would have two upper mid-card faces trying to break through to the main event level in Cesaro and Zayn against two established heels in Styles and Orton (who have both shown willingness to elevate talent in clean fashion). In this case, both Cesaro and Zayn would become true main event stars on the Blue Brand. Then the main event look would have Ambrose, Styles, Orton, Cesaro, and Zayn.

That was the single biggest reason I wanted Cena off SD, because he still (whether it's his call or booking team's call) doesn't cleanly elevate talent. The only clean loss he's had without any outside interference/distractions, injury, or time-off related matters was against KO at Elimination Chamber (last May); Owens still ended up losing 3 straight times to Cena after that and lost the feud 3-1. The loss to DB at 2013 SS was due to an elbow injury that required surgery, and the loss to ADR at HIAC last October was so he could film his show for Fox. And that match was very underwhelming; it felt like a "let's get this over with" type of match.

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

^That works too

17. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Simon Gotch & Sin Cara got in a fight at catering last night

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

More great matches on the cwc. The creative moves these guys can pull off is amazing, and if Raw can feature this without watering down the matches it would be a huge step to improving the actual in-ring product.

19. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

I really wish SD got the Cruiserweights so Mauro could call it. I think they kept the "younger" guys like Zayn, Owens, Balor on Raw too occasionally team up with or face them.

Looks like Ibushi, Metalik, Sabre, Gallagher, Tozawa, Swann, Alexander, Tajiri, Kendrick are on board/working out deals. They'll wait past the CWC too not reveal anything since the illusion of it being ongoing

20. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Also Ho Ho Lun was sitting next to Itami at the performance center NXT draft room. I think NXT signed him which is great. Great entertainer and character just needs ring work