1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who could we realistically trade for to turn us around?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by James Hardashian, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets Trade : Trevor Ariza, Corey Brewe + 1st Round Pick and condition 2nd round pick .

Nuggets Trade : Danilo Gallinari + Nikola Jokic

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Trade does one of two things.. Changes the scenery for both players who had bad years, Gets houston a Center who could play just incase Capela or Nene have problems. Rockets dont resign Dmo.

Beverley - Prigs - Rookie
    Harden - Gordon
    Gallinari - McDaniels - Dekker
    Anderson - Beasley - Harrell
    Capela - Jokic - Nene

2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP,

WTF you are talking about turn us around?

We have a top 5 player in the league and just signed 2 of the best shooters that's probably the best fit for our franchise player with an awesome coach who fit perfectly with (again) our franchise player and both our GM and owner mentioned we are built to contend for a championship this season.

And you dare to say we need to turn it around?

3. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Nuggets wouldn't even trade Jokic for that package alone.

I am a fan of Gallo, though. Just another injury concern, but he's a very good fit in MDA's system and can play the 3/4 very well. Good option to have.

I think we should make a (cheap) run at Rudy Gay. He can be another scorer, and possibly defender.

4. rullrich

rullrich Member

They could possibly do Gallo + Faried for that package though. Rudy Gay would be great off the bench but I don't know if he's ready to accept that role yet.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah.. Nuggets love love love Jokic. I think they over-love him, but he is young with lots of upside, and can even step out and hit threes. They are not moving Jokic.

The Rudy Gay effect should scare everyone off.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That day that _holic went FULL "DD" on us. damn.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Eric Bledsoe/T.Chandler for Beverley, KJ, Brewer and a signed &traded DMo

8. basketballholic

Deuce, Anderson is better for us in so many ways. When fully healthy Blake cannot come close to creating the space for our offense that Anderson does. Blake is a decent passer because Doc has developed him. But he does nothing else great except finish. Now with his leg issue. .........it's a no-brainer do not want.

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

LOL.

Blake is the better defender (though not AMAZING), the MUCH better rebounder, the better ballhandler, and creator for others. He's obviously the MUCH MUCH better finisher. He's a much better pick and roll player, and would be amazing in that role with Harden. Doesn't shoot as many threes, but can. They are very similar mid range shooters from an efficiency perspective.

The most surprising thing about Anderson is that he can create, FOR HIMSELF, in the post and mid range game. He's only assisted on 44% of his twos, compared to Blake's high 60's %.

Both have had health issues.

I am with you that Anderson is a surprisingly sneaky good offensive threat.

But its asinine to imply that Anderson is better for us. He's not. Not even close.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How do we feel about Paul Millsap? I know he is a bit older (31), but he looks really great right now and is a 2 way player. Feels like his game would age gracefully and he is pretty durable.

11. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

I vote for this. That would be a great offseason.

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

One really important tweak. Swap D-Mo for Capela. Why would Rockets want BOTH Tyson Chandler AND Clint Capela? But don't see Suns wanting either KJ or Brewer.

It will take Ariza, maybe even Bev, to make this trade work. And even with Ariza, may need a future pick as well.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*hits blunt*

"Dude...like...I'm tellin' you man...Ryan Anderson is like...better than Blake Griffin dude..."

14. basketballholic

On MDA's team Blake is a 5. Not a 4.

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Dmo's new contract would be required to make a trade work, but I agree a lotto protected 1st rounder could sweeten the deal. The gem of the deal would be Bledsoe, who has an injury history but is a difference maker when healthy.

16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I don't know how we could make it happen, prob need Dekker to explode out the gate and look like a potential all star but if we could get Cousins without sacrificing jh/Gordon/Anderson/Ariza that's a team that can beat anyone maybe even GS on some nights the parts just fit.

Harden/Gordon/Ariza/Anderson/cousins? That's my dream team.

Both bigs can space the floor for harden and Gordon to attack cousins can bang down low and create for others and be the defensive anchor. Ariza Anderson and Gordon are good to elite shooters and all 3 are really really good on open threes.

I guess we need Capela to look like a future stud also and try and package Capela/Dekker/brewer and some future first round pick. Not a sexy trade for them but it Capela is starting on a good team putting up 12/12/2 and Dekker is getting 12-13ppg off the bench maybe just maybe we can trick vlade because I'm sure cousins would love to play in Houston he would be really good ok MDA offense.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

To acquire Cousins would take Ariza AND Bev plus Capela & Dekker, as well as a 3rd team.

18. 92i

92i Member

Our team has litterally no assets besides James Harden. No way ee are getting anyone to turn this franchise around unless it's via Free agency. So much for that whole "getting assets" culture when this team has actually none. Morey screwed the image of the organization, that's why we aren't getting a marquee free agent anytime soon. This organization needs a massif change in its culture and it starts in the front office, then change those hideous uni's thaz our team has been wearing for almost 15 years.

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

If Blake on an MDA team is STRICTLY a 5, what's a Nene or Capela then? A 6?

20. basketballholic

Hehehoho

Blake is a 5 because he can't shoot. After working to become a shooter for the last 3 seasons since CP3 and Doc have been there dude still can't shoot. That's a 5 at best under MDA.