1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My friend heard about this...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketFan, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

This. Dragic won't want to leave Miami - He's got a solid young core around him and can actually run the offense with Bosh (assuming health).

Also, when has Riley ever tanked? Can't think of a year. Dragic/Johnson/Justise/Bosh/Whiteside has to be at least a 4 or 5 seed in the East, I don't see why they make any major moves.

2. mightybosstone

For the all the posters bringing up how Dragic didn't want to come to Houston a year ago and might have previously felt slighted after they let him go years ago, I think you guys are forgetting something. The guy has played and played well in the offensive system that D'Antoni helped create in Phoenix.

He could come to Houston and really thrive under MDA, even with Harden as the primary ball handler. I'm not saying that I think this deal is likely or even that Dragic would have necessarily changed his mind. But players' opinions change all the time, and a few personnel changes on the roster and with the coaching staff can make all the difference.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

?? He completely gutted his team prior to James and Bosh signing. He could be starting down that path again in preparation for the next FA class. He let Wade and Deng walk and probably wants out from under Bosh's deal as well if I had to guess. If he wants to make a run at Westbrook or Paul then moving Dragic would make sense.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That had been reported.

Old news from ESPN Insider being recycled, boring.

5. dram1

dram1 Member

If we're doin do-overs, would prefer we go balls out for Lowry. Better ball handler...gritty...hard-nosed...can get his shot anytime he wants to go into bowling ball mode. But maybe now I'm dreaming. But if Dragic is available, we get him...he knows MAD offense pretty well.

6. mightybosstone

Lowry is going to be an UFA after this season. He's got a $12 million player option, but he's easily going to double that in this free agent market. So the Rockets could feasibly make the cap room to sign him outright next summer.
    But if they do decide to pursue Lowry, they better feel really, REALLY confident that Lowry could work next to Harden. Because if they sign him and it doesn't work, it won't be as easy to fix as the Lawson situation was.

7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think Dragic would work better with Harden in this system than Lowry. Also, as crazy as it may seem, Dragic's contract is not so bad compared to what it will cost to get Lowry.

8. sun12

sun12 Member

True, Heat is so much better in drafting and building teams. Rox just can't compare with. Of course, Heat has Riley and south beach.

9. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hmm. Not sure if this trade has been given serious consideration but I can see the appeal from both sides and the turn offs.

Houston can dump Brewer and replace Bev with a better player. We should improve even if Dragic has regressed. Miami gets a decent player on a better contract for a point guard and adds a first round pick, which I think may appeal to them considering they know how tough the west is for houston and how they have gotten decent play from two rookies they got.

Houston's pick could be something like the tenth pick (it might not be, i think they'll make the playoffs) but there is the possibility, and after this past year I don't think the Rockets could risk having no pick on top of a disappointing season and limited flexibility.

10. TheresTheDagger

Dragic for P Bev, Brewer and 2017 1st?

Make it a protected 1st and you have my interest.

Dragic being reunited with D'antoni would be among the best possible point guard situations we could hope for entering next season.