1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Apple vs. Android vs. Windows Phones

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by cml750, Jul 16, 2016.

?

Which phone do you prefer?

1. Apple Phone

37 vote(s)
    32.2%
  2. Android Phone

73 vote(s)
    63.5%
  3. Windows Phone

5 vote(s)
    4.3%
  1. cml750

cml750 Member

My wife and daughter have the new big I-phones. My son and I have Androids. My son has the latest Samsung Note while I have a Galaxy S4 since my phone was provided by my employer and they are always a few generations behind. Since I sometimes use my wife's phone, I do have some experience with Apple, but I like Android a lot more.

2. ling ling

ling ling Member

obsolete is when your battery doesn't hold a charge and you can't replace it.

1 person likes this.
  3. cml750

cml750 Member

Well it is early in the poll but I expected it to be a lot closer and that Apple would probably be in the lead.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, should I modify the poll????:grin:;) That reminds me of the bag phones.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Some Android phones have little if any bloat. And a Nexus phone has none. Lastly, you can root most Android phones to remove any systems apps you don't like.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... my work provides me with a cell phone (a GS5). Since it was just updated to Marshallow, I wouldn't consider it an obsolete phone (I don't recall whether the S5 is also on the Nougat list).

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

I've used 3 different IPhone models for work; on 6s now.

For personal use, I've used Androids, Galaxys in the past, now on LG V10.

For me it's Androids hands down. I think IPhones may be a bit more powerful and maybe better battery but I think the Androids are much more customizable and versatile and that's the winner for me.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

If u ain't got emojis and a blue text screen u ain't gettin none ***** iphone stays winnin

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

It's not that theyre obsolete, it's just that the fractionation (be it a good or bad thing) of Android allows for a vastly greater amount of hardware advancement to be placed in it's more current phones.

In order to upgrade to that kind of hardware in the Apple sphere, you're looking at $800. In order to do that in Android, you're looking at maybe $400.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't you hate it when there's an Android user in the group text? Makes me not even want to participate. Lol

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The best phone for me is a Nexus device. I've had one now for about 6 years and haven't had many complaints. It seems like it gets better every year too. Android OS is really evolving pretty nicely. Not sure if I can say the same for iOS. I like the direction MS is going though too.

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

iPhone all the way. Great points others made. I have seen some ppl with s3 and s4. Ridiculous how slow and trash the phone is. Sorry android geeks but I would rather have a phone last.

iPhone is simple. Does the job and I've never had issues.

Android phones I had a million problems from before.

13. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

Every Android phone I have owned has required too much maintenance to keep it working and perform well. And they were always the top phones available.

There just isn't a better phone than the iPhone if you want consistent and great all-around performance with excellent support and service from the manufacturer. I don't even think that is debatable.

14. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This exactly.

Had a top of the line android for years. So slow and complete trash compared to iPhones. There is no better phone than an iPhone. Plus I get close to full value when I trade in my iPhone.

Ill never understand the fascination with "customization" and "personalization" of android phones. Who cares? They're inferior to iPhones in the areas that actually matter for a phone.

But maybe I just think that because I have my laptop or a computer pretty much anywhere I am so my uses for a phone are much less than some other people.

15. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I consider the Nexus device to be this and then some. That's just me though.

16. cml750

cml750 Member

One thing to note is that there is only one Apple hardware maker and multiple companies who make phones who use Android. Having only one manufacturer who makes both the phones and software does seem to make the update process more streamlined. As I stated, I like Android, so it does not bother me that it takes Samsung a little longer to come out with updates when all of Apple gets them at the same time.

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It has its merits and I wont disagree its a better overall finish. Unfortunately its closed ecosystem and its failing attempt to herd its user base in the direction it deems so will be its demise. Apples business model is just too small to keep up with innovation. It took them years to go with a bigger screen. Once they did this, they have not come out with anything of significance. Each new model is a little faster and a little thinner. Apple is too busy trying to bank on the music aspect when that ship sailed a long time ago.

Windows is working on a cross platform system, that if perfected, could cascade down on Android. It doesnt look promise but we shall see.

Samsung is using their vast business model to corner their market shares. Its hard to compete when samsung is giving away smart watches, TV's and VR gear for purchasing their phones.

18. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

I've had several Nexus phones. Until very recently, they shipped with terrible cameras. There is always a glaring weakness with most Android phones, where you just don't see that in iPhones.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Apple users tend to be far more passionate about their phone choice, which is probably why OP was/is surprised at the results being overwhelmingly Android.

For me, it's just a f***ing phone OS; I don't really care. Once Apple starts making $100 phones I'll be interested. Otherwise, I'll stick with the entry level Android phones, which easily handle everything I need in a smart phone (though I do wish the camera was better, just not enough to pay significantly more).

20. cml750

cml750 Member

Could this be blamed on Steve Jobs early death? I am not defending the i-phone as I do not like them much personally but I do have to admit that they were the cats meow for quite a while. It seemed to change when Jobs passed away.