1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. basketballholic

Lance is a jackass and has cratered his career. Definitely not a fit here. Can't shoot either.

Something is going on. But Lebron isn't coming. Love isn't likely, at least until January, with the presence of Anderson. But.......DMo is the catalyst for our makeover.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

My issue with Lance is that he's the SG version of Josh Smith. If he would commit to being a slasher and spot up shooter, he'd be getting Kent Bazemore money right now. But he thinks he's a playmaker, so he's unsigned.

I wasn't hinting at Love or Lebron coming here. Just think there's some synergies to get Cousins here if we can convince Cleveland to take Ariza, Beverley and Capela for Love.

We've all kinda said it...Cleveland is a better team with our role players than they are with Love. Our guys are better suited to go against GS than Love is.

Personally, I think this is the summer Cousins is likely to move. Sacramento will lose a lot of leverage next summer when he can walk after just one season.

Another small piece...JR Smith is still unsigned, even though Cleveland said they are bringing him back.

Just curious what everyone is waiting for. Of course they likely aren't linked, but I see a small window of hope.

3. basketballholic

Cousins is most definitely a target. Both by us and others.

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

wrong thread.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

decent proposal, the only problem is boston can and would beat our offer.

Crowder ≥ Ariza
    Avery > Beverley
    Brooklyn pick > Houston pick
    Other Boston picks ≥ Capella

We just don't have assets for a huge acquisition right now.

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

That's what logic leads me to believe, and I believe we are trying to build multiple routes to him.

The rumors about our interest in Okafor....I think that is likely in order to send him to Sacramento.

I also wouldn't be surprised if our signings and even Harden's extension had to do with reassuring Cousins that he will be surrounded with talent.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Why would Sacramento want Crowder, Avery, Ariza or Beverley? All of those guys would be moved to a 3rd team in exchange for what Sacramento would really want, which is a star and if not that, then picks and/or prospects.

IMO, the goal is to get Love to Sacramento. He's a star in his prime who's signed for 4 more years. So to get Love, what would Cleveland want? IMO, Ariza, Beverely and Capela is exactly what they would be looking for.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Fins, would Cleveland want Boston's assets over the Rockets?

10. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Not Kevin Love

11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

You think the Rockets can get Cousins for that pile of poop? Cleveland would take Cousins for themselves if that's all it takes.

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

That is the question, isn't it.

I would tend to agree that Crowder and Bradley are worth SLIGHTLY more than Ariza and Bev. Slightly.

So it comes down to Capela (and potentially DMo) vs Bostons treasure trove of assets. If you're Cleveland, what would you do with a bunch of picks? Probably trade them for a center on a cheap contract...ie someone that looks a lot like Capela.

In addition, why would Cleveland want to help Boston? Boston might have enough assets to trade for TWO stars! What if they were able to get Westbrook? Then you've got Westbrook, Horford and one of Love or Boogie to get past out of conference.

It makes more sense for Cleveland to work with us. Out of conference and we can give them the players they need to fill out their rotation.

13. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

This would be the steal of the century for the Rockets. Hopefully Morey has the trade override setting on.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not sure Cleveland would be willing to help Boston improve. And Lebron has not come out openly about interest in Boston's players recently. He has done that with Ariza.

15. craguin

craguin Member

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Cavaliers [...] have strong interest in trading for Sacramento Kings guard Ben McLemore, league sources told cleveland.com.

Houston's Trevor Ariza, Atlanta's Kyle Korver and Washington's Jared Dudley are all on the Cavaliers' radar, but landing one of those three is highly unlikely.

updated February 12, 2016 - Chris Haynes, cleveland.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. D-rock

D-rock Member

I thought you loved guys who can't shoot? And BR can shoot a helluva lot better than RR.

Lance is similar to Smoove, a forward who loves to play make and bring an intimidation factor on D. Similar to when Artest was in Houston. Except Stephenson is still or moving toward apex of his career.

Rockets need more attitude on this team. Both Smoove and Artest took the Rockets much further in the playoffs than anyone could predict. Both were also extremely popular with their teammates.

So yes, Lance (and Smoove) may have been jackasses but they were OUR jackasses. Sort of what you, DD and tinman bring to CF.

17. BigMaloe

Its about what Cleveland wants not Sacramento, they would receive love in the proposal.

I understand your concern about helping Boston but I don't think LeBron is truly scared of Boston by any means and he would be more concerned about helping his team first and foremost.

That being said I see what your saying about ariza being supported by LeBron, but LeBron would rather have the better collection of good players, even if he viewed as the best player out of the hypothetical.

I just honestly don't think Morey is magical enough to make a trade out of our assets in order to land a star player.

I could maybe see him working magic and acquiring a gallo type fringe star but that's wishful thinking.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

I understand and to a large extent agree with your explanation but Lebron is a little quirky about HIS guys. He has brought James Jones with him every time he changes teams. Lebron and James Jones are the only teammates in modern era who have been to 7 straight finals. The only other teammates that have been to more are Russell's Celtics.

And Lebron loved Pat Beverley. Lots of little connections with Houston's players to Lebron. Not so much with Boston's players. This little lifeline gives me hope that a trade along those lines is actually possible. In this instance, it's not about Morey's magic, but Lebron's. Morey just needs to recognize this opportunity and massage it into a full blown and extremely satisfying tryst.

19. BigMaloe

Love the optimism, I'm usually real upbeat about our chances but our current assets compared to others leaves me pessimistic about our abilities to land a marquee player.

But your right about LeBron and having things his way and having his players.

20. oddjob142

oddjob142 Member