1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

I just don't understand, and I feel like most whites and Hispanics I know (I'm married to a Hispanic) would agree with me.

If I see a white man, a black man, and a hispanic man dressed in a suit, I'm going to treat all three of them the exact same way.

If I see a white man, a black man, and a hispanic man wearing a nice polo, I'm going to treat all three of them the exact same way.

If I see a white man, a black man, and a hispanic man dressed in biker garb with tats, extremely baggy pants and a wife beater, and a plaid shirt with only the top button buttoned respectively, I'm going to treat all three of them the exact same way, which is to say I'm going to treat them with suspicion.

That isn't wrong; that's human nature and simple survival instincts. We are taught to identify what is inherently dangerous to us and what is trustworthy to us. Clothing is a HUGE part in this identification.

I am not inherently cautious of someone just because of the color of their skin. I am cautious based on multiple factors used to identify individuals that might be capable of harming myself or my family.

Now tell me, what's wrong with that?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is true, because I can name a few singularities on cfnet that have infinite density. Some of them are spinning in this thread as we speak, getting more and more dense, swallowing up peoples' time and energy who dare to engage them.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And you call others racist? This post is filled with so much hatred, people like you are scary and a big part of the problem.

4. dje243

dje243 Member

I'm just going to throw this random thing in here about gun control to muddy the waters a bit more. Even if banning assault style guns was something everyone was in favor of... and we had the legislation to do it... It is now 2016. Which is to say: if a killer wants to get an AR-15 he can simply buy a relatively cheap 3D printer online and literally build one in his living room. It'll get easier in the next 5-10 years.

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/i-made-an-untraceable-ar-15-ghost-gun/

Does banning the sell of assault rifles make it more difficult? Sure. But ultimately if someone really wants to go out there and kill a lot of people there will still be plenty of opportunities to do so. A lot of these people plan for months before doing something like this.

5. ziebarf

ziebarf Member

A valid point, but by this logic, why have laws for anything? If a criminal is going to break a law inevitably, why have them? The world is full of crazy people, laws are there to atleast deter some of them.

6. hvic

hvic Member

just because KJ starts scoring in the summer league that he thinks he's a superstar and what he says matter. lol this guy may have some mental issues. another great job by murray

7. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I think OCCASIONALLY the CF Crew lets a socio-political thread stay so actual REGULAR members can express and exchange opinions. (Like the "Increasing Urbanization" thread). And it can actually broaden perspectives. Instead of the SAME PEOPLE in D&D who always talk to each other.

And theory: When there are black members in a thread making themselves heard, and white members validating themselves, putting the thread in D&D alligator pit would look uncaring lol. Putting this in there would make the issue even more intense.

8. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Enough of this "you're racist, no you're racist" bull****. He is entitled to feel how he feels based off of the extreme oppression that his race suffered. You think abolishing slavery, then desegregating the country is enough? I'm not calling you a racist, and I hope I don't come off as anti-white, because I am most certainly not. However, you have to be able to understand the underlying causes of the BLM movement.

What Micah Johnson did is deplorable and deserves the harshest of receptions. Killing innocent people, especially those who have devoted their lives to protecting society, is probably the worst thing a person can do. I can't think of much else that is worse than that. The notion that this mass-murderer is a martyr is simply intolerable and KJ should be criticized for retweeting it.

That being said, you have to understand the anger of African-Americans in this country. You have to understand that slavery, Jim Crow, and current forms of institutionalized racism still plague their communities. I will never condone racism, and whenever I hear someone say that white people are inherently evil, I will disagree each time.

You responded to that person's post that outlined the aforementioned injustices and said that he was "scary" and "part of the problem". I respectfully disagree, he didn't say anything about white people being evil. He simply stated the injustices suffered at the expense of millions of African-Americans in this country. Why does that bother you so much? Yes he made assumptions that some white people don't care about the well-being of the African-American community, but can you really blame him for feeling that way? Racism is alive and in droves; that much is clear. Why is wrong for him to illustrate that?

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree to disagree then, I see nothing but hatred in what he posted and feel people like him are scary and dangerous.

10. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

This is one of the problems with America, right here in this thread. This is how terrorists are created. Everyone who doesn't agree or attempts to voice an opinion that is different or doesn't conform has to STFU. Or, I'm blocking you. Or let's ban him. Lock the thread. Of course the shooter obviously had some mental issues. So did the Orlando shooter. But they resorted to these actions likely because they had been told for too long to STFU and they took matters into their own hands. I don't think anyone in America should have to stfu or get banned or get blocked. Because I believe in my values, I believe that I can articulate them. So, tell me why you think the shooter is a martyr, and I will tell you why he is not.

1 person likes this.
  11. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

And FYI pointing out racism doesn't make someone a racist any more than pointing out terrorism makes someone's terrorist. Imagine if every time we mentioned terrorism Muslims accused us of "terror baiting" or called us the real terrorists? Or told us the only way to defeat terrorism is to stop talking about it? Good luck with that, right?

12. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Totally agree with you 100%

13. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Welcome to the untradeable list KJ. Tell Brewer hey for me...

14. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

Agreed. That's what I said in my one post on gun control. No measure is perfect and no solution is perfect. Most complex problems have multiple solutions. Our goal should be better, not perfect. When you have perfect as a goal you will always second guess any proposal because it can't possibly be perfect. You strive for better and keep striving. I think the fact that there were numerous people in Dallas open carrying demonstrates that more guns doesn't necessarily make us safer. Besides, comparing this to drugs is a bit apples and oranges. Gun control does mean gun eradication. It simply adding regulations much like automobiles or anything else the government regulates. If there were "drug control" unlike the current war on drugs I'm sure things would be much better.

15. The_Pants_Store

Gary Johnson - 2016. Why the hell not include it on this useless thread?

1 person likes this.
  16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Can't believe this is still going on

17. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Nice to see mods moved to DnD.

better late than never.

18. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lmao how did gun control get brought up?

Also, wow, there's **** everywhere.

Think this is pretty simple.

Ignorance = Eye for an Eye mentality = Micah Johnson murders <-- Speaking on your conflicting feelings of lack of sympathy for victims <--- subsequently agreeing <---- ??? trying to get us to understand that they didn't to try to justify the killings ??? ok ??? Don't understand how that makes what they said any less ****ty?

Hey Miss Alabama, you're having a breakdown due to your inhumane lack of sympathy for the fallen cops because you can't understand that the tragedy that happened in Dallas & what went on with Sterling & Castile ARE NOT EXCLUSIVE, we get it. Moving forward yes you're an extremely ignorant person however great thing about living a long life is that you have a chance to change. Take a leave of absence, seek a therapist, deal with your demons and comeback a better person.... or don't... My problem with you is why do you keep talking? Why do you keep backtracking, making these statements? Acting like what you said was taken out of context? Trying to get us to sympathize with your morally incorrect sentiments.

Literally go away & seek help.

KJ, you're probably not a bad person but you're extremely ignorant, this is pro basketball.... ignorance likes yours doesn't translate well & has no place in this league. Try and educate yourself.

---------

Just a suggestion, ease up on the strawman.

1 person likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just curious which words or phrases in his post has the most hatred and most scariest and dangerous for you?

20. monster

monster Member

KJ is garbage and I hope the team cuts him immediately. Anyone supporting or sympathizing with the murder of innocent people can rot in hell. The cops who were killed were out doing their job, serving people of all colors.