1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Woodlands mall.

2. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

So how often do you play, and did you end up actually spending some money on this game?

3. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I want a Snorlax. Saw one on the finder, couldn't find it.
    [​IMG]

#223 Bandwagoner, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Let's not turn this thread into a dick measuring contest. Any tips on tracking? I've read many instructions online but none of them really work that well.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Please let us know how you did that?

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I have a 101cp pidgey. Take that

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Beginner question: If you've already captured a certain type, do you keep capturing additional ones of that type?

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

Yes, I'm assuming you mean the same Pokémon. For example, if you have 1 Bulbasaur you need to catch several more to get "candies" needed to evolve 1. Pidgey is easy since they're everywhere and only need 12 candies to evolve.

Another reason to keep catching duplicate Pokémon is that as you level up, the ones you see will be stronger.

9. Amir's Johnson

This works, I'm almost at level 18.

10. MystikArkitect

This is the only part I don't really "get" as there is little to no way to get more Bulbasaurs/Squirtles to boost those guys in power. I'm guessing this why I see so many Vaporeon/Flareon/Jolteons running the gyms because Eevees are so plentiful.

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Did you buy the lucky eggs?

12. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

13. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

They're out there, just more rare. People have caught all evolutions of the three starters. You don't necessarily need to evolve your starter to get them all. As you level up, you'll see different things.

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

15. Amir's Johnson

No, I had 3 lucky eggs at level 12, I have one more left since I've done the Pidgey trick twice. I believe you get another one at level 20.

16. Ricksmith

I thought so too, at first, but I've come across several bulbasaurs and squirtles. Bulbasaur will pop up in grassy areas, and squirtles will be around water. I have caught a couple squirtles in random fields, but for the most part it's an incentive to explore different areas.

Edit- I still can't find Charmander. Today I spent about 10 minutes at a fire station and nothing happened. Just a bunch of pidgeys and rattatas. I'm going to try a gas station later.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Just downloaded it. Caught a Rattata in my apartment!

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Walking around my work campus, there must have been a dozen Pidgeys and Rattatas, so this is good info.

I cannot believe the number of people playing this. I see dozens of people every day. Kind of a revolutionary game. I'm only playing because I got caught up in the hype.

19. Ricksmith

If you ever get a Lucky Egg, save it like the other poster said above. It doubles XP for 30 minutes. Have tons of pidgeys, rattatas, etc saved up, use the Lucky egg and evolve everything. If you're just starting off you can probably go 2 levels up just doing that with 1 Lucky Egg.

Another reason to use a Lucky Egg is if you're positive you're about to find Pokémon that you don't have. I wanna say you get 1000 XP for catching something you don't have yet, so it adds up quick.

20. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member