1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets showing interest in trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Disciple2123, Jun 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Pants_Store

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

72 pages of nothing

SEVENTY TWO PAGES OF NOTHING

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Correction.....

Seriously though. Why is this still going? If we want to discuss Rubio just start a thread in the dish. Rockets aren't trading for him, he's not a rocket, and the title is just misleading now.

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

We got our back up, it's clear there will be no trade. Lock it up

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, basketballholic and his other accounts are stringing this out. Then Windhorst mentioned the Rockets had interest in Rubio around the draft. So that was like the compressor station that kept the gas moving down the pipeline.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]One thing [owner Glen] Taylor did say is that he doesn’t believe point guard Ricky Rubio will be traded at this point.

“I don’t see that as a likely possibility,” he said about a Rubio trade. “I just think the coach, everybody, likes Ricky. I think we want him to come in and improve on his shooting. But his other things, he plays defense, he gets assists, he helps the others get better. He has some wonderful qualities.

“I think the coach wants to bring an assistant coach to help Ricky on his shooting and I think that’s where we’re going to start out and go and we’ll see how good Kris Dunn is.”

http://www.startribune.com/taylor-not-ready-to-state-2015-16-goals-for-wolves-just-yet/387108051/[/rQUOTEr]

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I thought this thread was about "The Rockets showing interest" not about what Minnesota's interests are.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Never disrespect JR

9. Nook

Nook Member

"The coach".... Good to see Thibs already has the owner on lockdown.... There will be no Christmas cards, there will be no smiles or nods of the head if they see each other in the hallway. There will be no pet names like "Thibs" or "GT"... In fact there will be no names exchanged, only titles "The coach" and "The owner" will be used, and since there will be no conversations or voicemails, the terms are to only be used when speaking to the press or in memorandum.

10. heypartner

a joke. you know, since it takes the interest of two teams to come to align for a trade to happen, not just the interest of basketballholic.

He does refer to him as "Thibs" in the previous paragraph. ;)

11. dwhite

dwhite Member

Rockets don't need Rubio anymore now that they got the 40 year old Prigs for a couple of years.

12. Nook

Nook Member

It was a joke based on the Bulls owner's comments after he let Thibs go.

13. heypartner

I was just joking. :)

14. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

LMAO at this point made! This thread is alive because us Rocket fans do not like who we have at the point guard position to date. Is Rick Rubio the only option, no. Is he the best option, no. Is he a good improvement and realistic option, many as well as I believe that to be yes. If we traded for Jrue Holiday for example the moment that was confirmed this thread would be dead. IMO Morey is waiting on the result of the Darren Collison, again looking for a bargain and letting other opportunities get away.

15. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Can this finally be locked up?

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This is the worst thread on the board

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

This thread needs to be locked.

18. Houston288South

The complete worse. I don't know why people wanted him anyway

19. malakas

malakas Member

If they wait for dunn..then Rubio wont get traded at all.

20. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Are you trying to say Dunn is not going to be any good?

I think the guy has all the tools to be very successful in the nba, he's already got the size length and athletism going for him and his defense is already very good. Got a pretty nice handle knows how to run pick and roll. If he improves his shot he'll be at worst a better version of Jeff Teague.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.