1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great post, I think the problem is also that black people don't want to begin to understand how the non-black community feel either. We are sick and tired of being guilted about things we had absolutely nothing to do with.

2 people like this.
  2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Lol before I read your comment I gave him rep with the message "amen." :grin:

3. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

If we were to meet I wouldn't know you were Irish Catholic. Yet the first thing you'd notice about me minus my ravishing looks is I'm a 6'3 240 lb black man. No one is telling you to feel guilty by your ethnicity, but believe it or not you've managed to prove my point.

I said that there was a cultural relevance and you immediately went to mention how bad your family had it (which I know about the way the irish were treated working the railroads). It kind of just reminds me how bad off this country really is :(. I was called all kinds of prejudiced names by the officers and yet I was powerless due to the fact of me working in the petrochem industry the moment I fought back there would go my career and livelihood to provide for my children.

Institutionalized racism still exists though just you do not see it... and honestly I'm not sure many would/could refer to it as racism more like preference as the Stanford rapist and the "affluenza case" comes to mind. Long story short this country is f****d especially when it comes to the elections in November :(

4. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

This post gave me super cancer

1 person likes this.
  5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This. He probably didn't even pay attention to what she was saying...

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Too late. It's like a virus.

7. majicdonjuan

majicdonjuan Member

Great post. People that deny institutional racism still exists are part of the problem, either purposely or due to ignorance. Certain small towns in East Texas and Louisiana are well known (even within law enforcement) for recruiting white nationalists and other racists to be part of the force. It hasn't disappeared and probably won't anytime soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

That moment when you realize the government is trying too hard #dropsthemic

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

You are indeed correct with the institutional racism still existing. I was working on a oil right in South Texas when one of the Company Men were talking about they should hang President Obama. I was the only African American attending what suppose to be a routine Safety Meeting. Long story short I guess he thought I got offended so he had me ran off of that particular project.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Surprised this thread got left open. Offseason laxity I guess.

11. makman

makman Member

Reading through this thread was just sad. Clearly underlying racism in a lot of these posts and such short sighted thinking. The man made a stupid decision and I'm sure will be educated on it and hopefully learn from it. The animosity and hostility towards him and others on here who don't agree with your opinion is beyond petty. The scope of problems in this world is bigger than your Rockets twitter feed, focus on things that are positive and what's right. You'll find yourself much happier as a person.

12. hlcc

hlcc Member

Do people really think some kind of South African styled uprising can succeed here?

13. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

KJ McDaniel has the absolute right to freedom of speech, but he needs to remember he's cashing rather large checks that has to do with his ability to play a game and "pacify" fans. Image is very important to Les so I'm somewhat surprised the organization hasn't addressed this already (maybe they have and I just haven't seen it).

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Only people not effected by racism think it has some magical experation date

15. kubli9

Supporting Member

It doesn't, but the guilting of people over past transgressions they had nothing to do with should expire at some point.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So people should just deal with it?

How convenient

17. kubli9

Supporting Member

I never said that, it's about moving forward. As a society, we can deal with instances of racism as they come without rehashing every wrong that was inflicted throughout history.

18. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

In your opinion, what should non racists do?

19. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

This is actually super true, I hate **** like this because it gets us all fired up lets move it out of here

20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Well, there has been some comic gold in here that has been deleted. That poster was either going meta, or just a 16 year old whose brain couldn't yet function properly. I guess the ban hammer was proper, but man his bit was absurdly funny. The rest of it here (save for a handle of decent discussion points) is just posters shooting themselves in the feet. It's like tweeting something stupid that you don't realize until the next day. I blame social media, lol.

As for KJ, is any of this going to effect his playing time? I think he has potential, but is that it for him? At least Roderick Rhodes got to start some games before the organization realized they overvalued him. :)