1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lots of crazy people say they follow christ. that part shouldn't be so surprising.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Prayer negated by the drivel that is the first paragraph. LOL.

1 person likes this.
  3. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Honesty is good for the soul. She didn't say the killings were right or that her feelings were right. In fact she said the exact opposite. With that said I will say "Preach" as well. Listen to her comments people. It's to sensitive a issue to jump off half cocked because of the title of the article. It's called "click bait" for a reason.

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

EXACTLY

5. amaru

amaru Member

Never said he supported the killing of anyone or anything. I simply asked how much you know about MLK. His overall message was more about guaranteeing freedom for all people, in particular black people....as he came from that community.

Of course, we wouldn't have to wonder what he would have said if the government had chosen to stop James Earl Ray.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Yup. Most of this thread is people being indignant over what they assume the article said.

7. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

Man people are starting to blur the lines far too much. It's really simple. Every group of people has good apples and bad apples. Police brutality, especially against minorities, is prominent, but not every cop is guilty of that. Going out there and killing 5 innocent cops, in a city where the civilian-police relationship has gotten immensely better over the last few years, is not the answer. It doesn't help the movement. I am a supporter of BLM, because for too long, injustices have been prevalent and there hasn't been nearly enough attention. However, behavior such as that of the shooter, or that of this women, and now McDaniels, is deplorable.

That shooter only gave the police more reason to worry about civilian protests. Great.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I agree honesty is great and we all have ****ed up feelings when we are emotional and that's fine. However, she pretty clearly said she didn't feel bad for the cops who died and she felt like the guy was a martyr even though she knew that wasn't the "right" way to feel. She explained why she felt that way and that's her feeling. It wasn't click bait. The video speaks for itself. I just watched again. It doesn't matter to me one way or the other how she feels, but at that point in time when she decided to broadcast those were her feelings that she was conflicted about.

Yeah cops aren't perfect but how much blame do you want to put on them for everything that goes on in these downtrodden communities? Secondly, it gets even worse when the media pounces on every single killing of a black male by a white police officer and creates hysteria as we have now. Whether or not this matters to you a recent study Harvard study (http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/1...police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html read it if you get time because I thought it was interesting) has shown that there was no bias in the use of deadly force among each race/ethnic group. There were MAJOR issues in use of excessive force against blacks though. More research needs to be done in this since there is not a lot of comprehensive demographic data about police killing suspects or suspects killing police. So yes there are problems, but people can't simply allow themselves to get whipped into a frenzy over media reporting that seems to be misrepresenting the situation with respect to the use of deadly force.

Lastly I hate that I am talking about this in the GARM.

9. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

Exactly. You can't just negate some negative stuff you've said by adding "I know this isnt right."

10. rockpileindisma

a martyr? And now people in this thread are making kj the victim lol unbelievable!

11. TheresTheDagger

Her honesty absolutely is good. I commend her for that. Can't have a real discussion without it.

The problem is her honesty is absolutely shocking in light of what happened that night. The murderer killed 5 white officers, but also shot a black woman and put her children under fire as well. The police officers were shielding that family with their bodies to protect them.

They were literally willing to take a bullet to protect a black family in this instance.

The irony is insane. A murderer (who was shooting at someone protecting a black family) is now being called a martyr by people in the black community.

12. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

5 cops with families and kids who had NOTHING to do with any of the recent shootings get killed and are running towards gunfire to protect more people from getting killed or injured (and one got killed in the process of trying to take down the shooter on video)

"I don't feel sad for the officers"

gross. dont defend this woman

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew there was more to the story. Some of you were just waiting for a reason to show out.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nope, but that only makes it slightly less bad. At that age, you have to take responsibility for what you say or endorse.

15. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Close thread or flick over to D and D.

This ain't no game action or roster move topic

16. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Well, I would like to see KJ get more time at the 4 next year in certain packages, lol.

17. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

It certainly should be roster move material

Please tell me Les won't keep this racist on the team. There is no place for racism in our society

18. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

lmao troll of the day

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Actually man, I'm not trolling at all

I could care less who replies to or cares about something I post on an anonymous internet board

I mean I certainly enjoy the discussion, but to troll for replies is pretty childish in my opinion

1) I think the world, and specifically our nation, would be a much better place to live without racism. Life would be so much more enjoyable if we didn't have to deal with worrying about issues simply because someone else who has the same kind of skin that we do, did something hateful

2) I think it's pretty clear there is some level of racist hate in KJ, and I would prefer he isn't on the team. If he is, I'll have to make a decision about whether to continue to financially support them. I'm certainly not the level of supporter that would make any difference in their bottom line as I only set aside about 2 Grand a year to go to games. While that isn't a significant amount of money to the Rockets, it is to me

20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Which team could we unload him to that wouldn't face the same pressures?

All around stupid to tweet something like that.