1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KJ McDaniels in support of former Miss Alabama in saying Dallas Cop Murderer is a Martyr

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rockets0515, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

If the majority of us are good? Why not KJ also? Why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt?

I follow a couple of local news stations and that's it. I agree about the media and believe both sides of the extremes have something to gain if we're fighting each other. For some reason, hate sells. Which is one of the reasons I'm not going to jump and hate KJ so quickly. Even if I think he sucks as a basketball player.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

With that name?

[​IMG]

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Hey lets play finding nimo.

4. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is getting weird.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Let me holla atya

6. dwhite

dwhite Member

No, the "loser" is the one such as yourself who supports a person who re-tweets (with positive comments) that a mass murderer of 5 people is a martyr. Get a clue and quit supporting someone because they are an athlete.

1 person likes this.
  7. rockpileindisma

Maybe we should just turn pen15club loose on all the problems of the world

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

My respect for KJ went way up

9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Pen15clubber, you still down to throw down against Lithuania? :grin:

10. Granville

Granville Member

Why is that?

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I forgot why but I'll ****ing lay these thangs on em if they wanna do it

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You aren't really taking a high road by ignoring the connotations that certain words have attached to them. Seriously. What do you understand? That she's too stupid to accurately describe her sentiments?

The problem isn't that people aren't listening. The real problem is, BLM has no leader, no clear course of action, and very few educated supporters, which mean they are a snake without a head. They are a body with no voice. It's not because people aren't listening, it's because they don't know how to speak.

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

If there was ever a thread that was a candidate to be moved from GARM this is it. This has nothing to do with the game of basketball or any impending transactions (unless a rockets exec has said they are considering action). There are not many places for people to go to escape the realities that this countries social situation is declining and that there are some very divisive drivers behind that decline. The killing of these officers, and the slaughter of Goforth here in Houston was completely and utterly wrong and senseless if you think otherwise then you are not in your right mind. I have no problem with debating this subject. But wow, it sure would be nice to have ONE forum on here where people don't have to see anything political or about the crap going on in society.

14. rockpileindisma

I think he only clubs penises. Probably not Lithuanians. Buttttt if you need a seal clubbed I know a guy

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

kj supports michaels rappaport?

16. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I agree.

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yes. When people are emotional, they sometimes describe their emotions and thoughts inadequately. The way she used the word 'martyr' in the context definitely tells me she chose the wrong word. It doesn't even make sense. The killer wasn't killed for his beliefs. That's the definition of martyr.

This isn't about the black lives movement. This is about having a conversation with someone who is scared, angry, or really sad and trying to find out what is causing them to feel that way. If someone gets on TV that they are terrified of getting pulled over by the cops and your response is well you shouldn't be terrified, you're not listening. If an African American says his/her people have been oppressed for hundreds of years and you say "get over it" or "just forgive and forget", you're not really listening.

18. mightybosstone

All the people making such a big deal of this, I wonder if you would all be up in arms if this had been James Harden. Would the Harden fans be clamoring for a trade if he had been the one to make that Tweet? Because I kind of doubt it. It's easy to say "I won't watch Rockets basketball if KJ doesn't get traded!" But I kind of wonder if that'd be the case for the team's superstar or someone in the team's legitimate, long-term plans.

And even with this just being KJ, I'm guessing that a lot of the fans suggesting they won't support the Rockets will still be in front of their televisions on opening night if he's still on the roster.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

People do stupid things on social media. That's pretty much what it's for. This is why I have nothing other than a LinkedIn and I only log in every few months (and post nothing), because I am an idiot and I would do and say things that I would soon come to regret.

The sooner everyone accepts that they are idiots, the better off we'll all be.

20. Astrosfan1973

Astrosfan1973 Member

There's a reason why there is a cooling off period following a game. We could use the same in society. If people had the opportunity to cool down they wouldn't make statements (or tweets) like this. I think few people deny the need for substantial change on lots of fronts, but you don't get it like this. The whole civil rights movement was built on nonviolent protest and grounded in peace. Violence only begets violence no matter how righteous the cause may seem in the moment.