1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

HODOR!

2. Entropy

Entropy Member

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:confused:

She's wearing make-up in the pregnancy scene, too...to make her look anemic from blood loss that is killing her. That's the somewhat grey complexion.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

They couldn't cast book Lyanna unless Arya was recast a few seasons ago.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Is Lyanna supposed to look like Arya? Because how can supposedly the most beautiful woman in Westeros look like her niece who is often mistaken for a boy?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

There is a debate whether Cersei was most beautiful at same age. Isn't it really the barbidoll blonde vs exotic/wild brunette debate in the book. But I suppose both Rhaegar and Robert preferred Lyanna over Cersie, but to them Lyanna has looks that are exotic and wild. Rhaegar would probably be bored of blondes, for instance

7. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Why would one require the other?

8. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/naUttrBVRzs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

My god this franchise brings out the stupid in people.

1 person likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know this is a guy's forum but can we just decide not to rate every woman in a TV series?

Seriously it aint funny. Not even a main character. :grin::eek:

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Cersei should be one of the most attractive women in Westeros and the 7 kingdoms.

Lena Heady the actress is average or above average but does not come close to being a beauty queen.

She is attractive and fierce (do not get me wrong) but not the most beautiful type.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lena Heady has been awesome in her roles.

She more than pulls her weight in attractiveness and making the series credible.

Offseason nitpickery

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You are welcome.

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

[​IMG]

I stand by my rating of a 7.

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Just finished the whole series... only took me a little more than 2 weeks.

After all this, I still side with the Lannisters. They're more interesting.

My only knock on this is that this somehow has turned into the Mission Impossible realm with the whole face-off bullschitte.

16. Pete the Cheat

Re: Lyanna's beauty.
    My interpretation has been that, like many things that have long since past her beauty had become more myth than reality. The scenes this past season with the mummers giving their machinations on Joffrey's death and the drama of Kings Landing are a good correlation. The story of Robert's War reads that it was fought for the love of a beautiful damsel stolen from him. This is much more poetic than Robert getting his pride hurt over a '7' with a lot of spunk who ran away with another dude.

Season 1 he goes so far as to say he can't even remember what she looked like anymore. Thats the woman whose 'beauty' he started a war for.
    Ned even compares Arya to Lyanna in the same season, saying when he looks at her he sees his sister.

And just from a more subjective nature. Based on the characteristics of the characters we have seen from Dorne vs Winterfell...which would fall under the category of classic beauty? Well that's the decision Rhaegar made when he ran off with Lyanna.

But even this makes a little sense if you reflect on the character of Rhaegar (or at least what little has been revealed of him). He was a man of learning and intellect. To start a war over a woman who challenged his mind vs being just a pretty face has some merit.

but yea, all of the above is simply interpretation for things left purposely vague.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

I totally forgot about the whole "Lyanna is hot as hell" story until the last episode of season 6. Or episode 9 where they mentioned it when Lord Commander and Sansa met with that little princess.

Don't know why people are making a big deal out of it. If they aint getting nekkid, then their beauty don't matter in this series.

18. Buck Turgidson

The nerds demand that their fictitious knobs go to eleven.

You are a connoisseur, you do not need the amateur hour.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can't be with the Lannisters. Hate Cersei and Jamie is only likeable when he's being a soldier.

Not a fan of where Arya's story went. She was my favorite character through the first 4 seasons

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

I can't stand Arya, I've hoped that she died since season 2.

Cersei is a megabitch, but she is smart as hell. The Lannisters gave us the best characters in the series... all of them are interesting, even the crazy stupid monk kid.

I blindly support Tyrion and Jaime (cept for the sister love) in any of their quests. Varys and littlepringles are great as well.

The rest can die, including Jon Targaryen and the Dany Dragonballs Queen.