1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White people hate thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 9, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

When you don't have come back. Leftists showing why. This thread is showing the ignorants of leftists

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

<MARQUEE:mad::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(</MARQUEE>

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

So why are white people afraid of being turned in to minorities if minorities are treated fine?

#283 fchowd0311, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Dude, we need more tweets. Go find us something.

5. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

6. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Yes, power can enter into it. But who doesn't have power these days. Anyone can start a protest, which can gain steam, rally others, get people to stop buying from companies, etc. So, the power argument is trivial as well...as everybody has some.

Clearly, Micah Johnson had power...unless you are claiming his racism had a benign effect?

And what about black people yelling slurs?

Such as? I'm well aware of the plethora of studies showing the effects of prejudice...but where is the evidence of systemic abuse? That requires a clear demonstration of intent, and I haven't seen statistics supporting that.

Is it? I suspect it was rather the opposite, in a trolling sort of fashion.

To too large a degree, I would agree with that.

FWIW...this is different than the above.

This I would agree with too. They don't equate. And, it's hard for white people to put themselves in those shoes. But that doesn't make 'some dumb black guy saying racist things' right, does it? No more so than some dumb white guy saying racist things. This is why the correct definition is important...no one gets a pass on being racist, especially not while clamoring for equality. Also talking to or about whites as if we were the ones who perpetrated that hundreds of years ago isn't helpful, and it certainly belies the power theory. If whites truly had such power, you wouldn't see people speaking out against it, or they'd be dealt with, wouldn't they? Why would people with all that power tolerate such a thing? Stalin had such power, and you didn't hear much for long from those he even thought might speak out against him. Better to simply talk about those racial inequalities, which are hard to deny, and see what can be done about them, than to argue over semantics, or toss slurs or blame at each other. Most white people I know don't like seeing anyone treated unfairly.

1 person likes this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

There is I think a purposeful lack of critical thinking when it comes to true racism in America. The lack of critical thinking in these matters isn't from the fact that you are stupid, you don't want to try. Its willful ignorance in the face of facts. The OP proves this, post after the post. He actually doesn't state any actual facts and those who even agree with him don't really state facts. Racists don't want to make distinctions or use context because distinctions separate them from non racist white people. That's why OP makes it seem like all white people are being blamed right now when really people are just tired of racist cops. Notice the word "racist" before the word cops? Racists don't notice that word because they assume all white people are like them.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Not all white people are racist though even though all benefit from an unbalanced system, the majority of white people are not racist. You can be racist but it doesn't matter unless it effects another person's life. White people aren't killed specifically because they are white. When you watch the news you see mostly crimes committed by black people even though by sheer numbers white people commit far more crime. Its not that white people are more evil its just that there are more white people in America however, you wouldn't know that from watching the news.

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

strawman argument

10. yo

yo Contributing Member

Conservatives are objectively less intelligent. Good Lord.

11. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Fair points, all.

See, when people try to have an educated discussion on this topic...it CAN actually happen.

I would add, though, that in the recent shooting in Dallas, as well as some others previously, whites were indeed targeted for being white. The cops in Dallas had nothing at all to do with what happened in Minnesota, or New Orleans. But I do think your distinction on racist cops is a good one. Yes, we need to eliminate racist cops. Don't think you'll find a lot of argument against that. Dallas seemed to have been really good in that area, after a lot of hard work.

1 person likes this.
  12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You might be the most reasonable person on the right here. It's a breath of fresh air.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

It's hardly trivial, it's incredibly important.

He had to die to exercise that "power". Quite a bit different from the tens or even hundreds of thousands of people in power hiding in plain sight brutalizing minorities their entire careers without consequence. It's no comparison. The killer gets a lot of press and the destroyers of lives just slide on by as the status quo always getting the benefit of doubt given to power.

Well, white people give a damn because they're not used to getting slurs thrown at them their whole lives. I've had that happen to me and my family me entire life so we've come to expect it. If I were as thin skinned listening to slurs my entire life as some of my white neighbors have become since Obama became elected I'd probably be in prison.

I don't find the prejudice and discrimination against racial minorities by a racial majority over two hundred years in America to be in any way unintentional. That would be a pretty incredible suggestion.

#293 CometsWin, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  14. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Here's some truth you people might not want to hear but need to hear. The anti-white agenda is a real thing and it's around you everywhere. Just look on TV or social media or the news, there is always one way or another to put the white race down for things that happened in the past and if you don't see that I feel bad for you. No matter how hard you try to avoid it because it makes you uncomfortable, it's the truth and you can run from it but you can't get away. The entire BLM is driven be anti-white rhetoric. Notice how only a cop shooting gets media attention only when the cop is white. There were few instances where a black cop shot and killed a black man and the news of it never got past local news. Answer me why that is?

Shows on MTV where whites are looked at like the oppressors of people of color and a president who says reverse racism should be ignored.

White people are quickly labeled as racist just for engaging in a debate. I don't have to point to any examples, just look at this thread.

There is an incredible double standard in this country and people are starting to wake up. People aren't buying what the leftists have been selling any longer.

1 person likes this.
  15. amaru

amaru Member

Don't waste your time engaging him.

I've dealt with AA's like him before....they tend to have warped views on non-American blacks.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are literally a walking facebook political meme.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

ironically he's iranian.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

You're the perfect example of what I'm talking about. People like you just refuse to acknowledge the truth. You've been called stubborn before, am I right?

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

My parents met in college, father immigrated from Cameroon and and my mom immigrated from Haiti. You live here, you speak English and you harbor bigoted views about rural whites while citing the impact of Western slavery on your capacity for personal achievemnt; when you were called out on it you claimed my opinion didn't matter because "I don't pay your bills," then you further deflected by chastizing me for allegedly referring to you as African-American. You've also previously claimed that whites from this country are European and not real Americans, you tried to identify as African but you've shown in the past that you lack a basic understanding or interest in the figures and issues related to the continent.

20. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

In the broader sense, yes. In terms of determining whether one is racist or not, no.

FWIW, I said it was trivial also because everyone has power. Sometimes precisely because the other side has more.

Plenty of examples where no one had to die. Just the opposite, in fact (see article above).

I didn't 'compare' them. I merely pointed out that everyone has power. Sometimes precisely because the other side has more. Would the child who stood in front of the tank at Tianenmen Square get the same coverage as a soldier standing in front of the crowd of protestors? No, of course not. And that is in a land where the power distribution was FAR more unequal than here, and where the power of the media and the internet was essentially non-existent. No one here is powerless.

Yes, I understand. Again, not trying to equate them, just pointing out that slurs are bad, no matter who says them. And I think pointing out that your experience is the norm for far too many blacks is an important part of the discourse.

No, it isn't. It goes back to what I said in a previous post about blaming current whites for what happened hundreds of years ago. White privilege exists, but not because most whites intentionally seek it out, or intentionally use it against blacks. Most are likely unaware of it. Not one white person alive today had anything to do with things people did 200 years ago. This too is an important part of the discourse. Blaming people for things they had nothing to do with isn't helpful, particularly if those same people are the ones with all the power. You want whites to get behind the movement to correct some of the problems? Stop blaming them for things they had no control over. That just makes people defensive, and causes progress to stop. Which isn't helpful, particularly if those same people are the ones with the power to change things.

2 people like this.