1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Las Vegas Summer League] Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Jun 26, 2016.

1. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Dekker. He look ok. Puban gearing up to offer max to him. :eek:

2. Convictedstupid

Dekker easily best player on the court. Too bad this overall game is hot garbage.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

It's sad but Harrell's game hasn't changed at all. We already know it doesn't really work in the NBA where he can't out muscle everyone like he can here.

Dekker is showing a slashing ability that would actually work in regular games.

4. mightybosstone

Dekker is making a very good case in Summer League that he should be higher on the depth chart than McDaniels. I don't have a lot of positive things to say about anybody else, but Wiltjer's shot certainly looked beautiful again.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I will say for Harrell he has an interesting speed game on the post . I also think he is a decent midrange shooter . Could be a good shot locker and plays with intensity . I'm not down on harrel . KJ and Harrell have maintained their stock while Dekker has obviously improved his just by being healthy . Nanu needs d league badly but hey he's big and kinda quick .

GP I troughs had a good first half but didn't ply in the second . Taylor was hot garbage

6. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

Stop it. This is nonsense.

7. Lightsnowaction

Not sure why the broadcasters think Dekker is auditioning for a role as a stretch 4. He's definitely a 3.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lol this post is hot garbage. The only book written so far on Dekker is he was a huge part of a NCAA tourney team that went super deep, drafted mid 1st round, rookie season erased by surgery.

9. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

McDaniels looked absolutely terrible this game. If he doesn't shape up, he needs to go back to the ****ing D league. So sick of the lack of progression with him.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I know , hillarious . It's like the guy made a bet on how many times he can say " stretch 4" " d'antoni system"

Sub - Clyde level of analysis.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Thumbs up for Dekker and Wiltjer. These two are going to fit D'antoni's system like a glove. I also liked what I saw from Harrell, Gaines and that one other guy who's name I can't remember at the time. I think he was a PG.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Decker needs to crack the rotation this year and if he is a guy who can play minutes at the 3/4 its an added bonus. I am encouraged he has played pretty good so far coming off back surgery.

13. Convictedstupid

Solid reading skills. I said 'this overall game' as in the summer league game we just watched. Not 'his overall game', referring to Dekker's game.

14. Stardog75

Stardog75 Member

Dekker looked much much better in 2nd half. I think I'm officially off the KJ bandwagon. If he hasn't developed an offensive game by now, I don't see it happening. Damn shame because he's one of the most athletic Rox I can remember and I've been watching them consistently since the '84 season.

15. HTX Ninja

HTX Ninja Member

Would've liked to see GP2 play more today.

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah, he'll go back there and put up 20 points and 6 rebs a game or something and people will start calling for Morey's head for not bringing him up to play for the Rockets.

McDaniels' shot is off... assuming he has one. The sad thing is, he makes bizarre decisions with the basketball as a result. Like trying to drive in on 3 guys at once thinking he's MJ, when he could've taken a jumper or passed. Offensively, he's scary bad at times.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Eh, i agree...and it's sad cause he has potential to be a very good player, but he needs to understand his role, he should aim to become a solid 3&D guy like Trevor first, the way he plays...looks like he thinks he's a scorer...

18. mightybosstone

The team played better with Taylor on the floor. I'm probably a little biased because I'm a UT grad, but I think he may end up being the guy to watch as a potential roster spot guy instead of Payton. He's a very good penetrator and playmaker.

19. RocketNRoll

RocketNRoll Member

Dekker looks like he will get some playing time because he was clearly the best player on the floor.

Wiltjer played well and I like Harrell's energy but everybody else needs to go to the D League.

20. makman

makman Member

His form is terrible, the ball doesn't rotate and is essentially a shot put. I think he's a lost cause, as a vet he should be dominating even without hitting shots, he looks lost out there.