1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Falcon Heights] Woman goes live on Facebook after boyfriend is shot by police

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RV6, Jul 7, 2016.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

No, I'm not.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Madness. Good police officers (the majority) should not be targeted because of assholes in some other state who also happen to wear a badge.

These are the times we live in..

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Entire US population: 51% female and 49% male
    People getting killed by police officers: 4% female and 96% male

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Insane

Rocket River

5. jsingles

jsingles Member

I appreciate the clarification.

6. JiantJerbil

JiantJerbil Member

Plenty of anti-blackness from old country colorism and xenophobia mixed in with the desire to assimilate to the dominant culture. Solidarity between minority races is pretty damn weak due to mistrust and bad experiences on both sides as seen by the actions during and leading up to the LA/Baltimore Riots. Video and current evidence is pretty damning though; not sure how people can even pull the ridiculous excuses that got Peter Liang off.

Funny thing is this chain started from another Asian penis joke but w/e, some people like to randomly dwell on racial body parts for god knows what reason.

7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I'm just saying that I would be less inclined to believe this killing had a racial component than the Alton shooting. My guess, depending on how he does in the interview, is that this officer will have a good chance at being no-billed (after being fired, of course). He may have just had an itchy trigger finger and/or paranoia. Plus, wait for the toxicology results on Philando - Diamond did say they had weed in the car. Look for the officer to say he appeared intoxicated, slurred his words, and told him he had a gun before reaching in his pocket, which he took as a threat. It's a bad shoot, no doubt, especially with a young child in the back, I'm not sure how a competent officer would feel threatened.

As for the officers in the Alton shooting, I think they are toast.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just googled
    Seems he does not seem to be in prison
    he is still out on bond

Rocket River
    I could have missed something

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The problem is. . . they target GOOD BLACK PEOPLE because of a few assholes in black communities

Rocket River
    Chickens and Roosts etc

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

When he got arrested the thread popped up and you made the "he's getting less jail time than those teachers" statement. The teachers got 3 years from the judge (it was 7, then reduced). This murderous cop was in jail without bond for 8 months, then after the charges, got a $500K bond. His trial will begin in the fall. I'm firmly in the camp of him getting more than 3 years, much more. I too denounce police transgressions, but your complete disdain for the judicial system has either made you too emotionally worked up, or crazy, or both, if you truly believe that bad cops never get punished when the evidence is there. I think this Minnesota cop is going down, and I'm very confident that Walter Scott's murderer is going away for a long time.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Kind of the point .. . . because they KNOW THE LAW
    They know how to shift through and bend it
    they can now sit back . . wait and get all the evidence
    and then analyze it .. .then figure out the best narrative to spend
    and
    in about a week or so . . . come out and make a 'correct' statement

Rocket River

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Maybe the public got tired of being told that every bad incident that happens to a black person must have been the result of racism and only racism

Or maybe twenty insensitive social media messages from a bunch of random people don't really reflect the American public opinion as a whole

Take your pick

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What does your statistic have do with anything?

Your data talks about gender and not race.

This statistic it more telling:

People without mental illness killed while unarmed and not attacking: 37% white and 35% black

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's true. There is a lot of injustice in the world. What do you want me to tell you? Maybe some day the relationship between police and minority communities in the USA will be healed -- but there will be some new injustice of the day.

Who are "they" here? Sounds like you want to answer collective punishment with more collective punishment.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Male lives matter!

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I bet they made him give a statement within 24 hours, just like Darren Wilson had to after the Michael Brown shooting.

18. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

I see no reason now why Body Cameras can't be standard issue in the future for police. Without it.. you really don't know what happened and then it gets crazy with speculation.

This will help police officers too if they really were in the right too.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed, it's win-win. If the cop is innocent, it proves their innocence, if the cop is guilty, you get them the hell off the streets and in prison where they belong.

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

They can't be standard issue yet because police unions are fighting them and suing cities that develop the program without approval from the union.