1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene agrees with the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketpower2, Jul 6, 2016.

?

Do you like the Rockets signing of Nene to a one-year, $2.9M deal?

1. YES

667 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. NO

37 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dwight called it :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uuJWFljt-OA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He's still around? I remember my first year (or maybe second) at CU Boulder going to the Nugs games and watching him... that was like 13 years ago.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not a bad deal for the price. I like it. He's on the decline but can be a solid reserve big man and for the price, hard to say no.

4. Joemambo

Joemambo Member

This team is just not exciting anymore.

5. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

you gotta be freaking kidding me!!!

i for one am "pumped!!!"

i wish our season started today!! (hey its preseason!! it kinda does!!!)

go rockets!!!

6. loveofthegame44

Reading the fan post on the SB Washington story for Nene 's departure. They seemed to love him and when on the court was a beast. Getting him was the turn around point for the hapless organization culture wise. Last year I couldnt watch hated the team and the energy. Was wishing for the .500 Scola Landry team I could get behind that cuz they at least tried.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'm excited to see what Nene has left in the tank. Yes he's older, and hasn't been the healthiest big (what's new). But Nene was a very solid scorer, post moves, jump shot, and could defend. I think if he was capable of being effect in a 2 center system in Washington with Gortat, he can be successful here! If he doesn't pan out, we took a low risk (no risk imo) contract option on a skilled big. Yes I know this offseason was a disappointment because we didn't sign Durant or Horford or whoever, but let's let the past be the past and look at what we have in front of us now. We got 3 shooters! Yes their health is in question (again, what's new?), but if these players can pan out and stay healthy, we can make some noise and become a coveted free agency location again (I mean, like that one time) and build up on our team once again. I don't blame any free agents to not want to come here, we're a mess last year. Let's clean ourselves up and become presentable and SHOW the league we mean business this year!

1 person likes this.
  8. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I thought long and hard about this. Too bad there was no "ehhh' vote in the poll. Nene is not a terrible acquisition, but I would rather have acquired Tyler Zeller. Zeller is young, can run well (important in a D'Antoni offense), can shoot and can defend -- not like Nene once could, but the "once" is long past. I would have even been satisfied with Miles Plumlee, who also is young, can run and is the best defender (now) of the three.

That said, welcome Nene.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If he can hit those mid range jumpers consistently, then our offense just got a little more scary.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> have players who are great cutters on secondary action, creating easy passing lanes for Bigs like Nene. <a href="https://t.co/Pgaoy2HxH9">https://t.co/Pgaoy2HxH9</a></p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/750760883157020673">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Nene shot 40% from the mid-range, above-average for C. Most of his assists were made to guards, cutting or shooting from perimeter.</p>&mdash; Rockets Insider (@Rockets_Insider) <a href="https://twitter.com/Rockets_Insider/status/750757773332189184">July 6, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I remember during last offseason many here were making fun of the Mav's because it looked like their team was comprised of scooping up everyone elses leftovers in order to construct their roster.

Fastforward to the present. :eek:

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brazilian Huertas back to LA

13. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I see it now. Wessty and Harden team up to take down there former friend foe KD! :eek:

14. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Damn. He was the one I wanted. Very active and makes good decisions. Neto is second on my list.

15. roslolian

roslolian Member

How is Nene a leftover? At that price he could pick whichever team he wants doubt GSW or Cleveland or even Spurs turn him down at 2.9M

16. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

I assume that price implies that nobody was throwing a big money contract at him, making him a "leftover"

17. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I agree with this..

T_Man

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Nene > Dwights

Funny thing is im cereal.

19. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

Meat too.

20. BigShasta